What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sessions as Attorney General could be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It's not good

It's not good

You folks in LA and Boston need to ramp this up quick to make recreational reversal more expensive, timing will be everything. I don't think there are resources to enforce any federal laws especially without cooperation from the states. One or two frustrated governors and the AG could do some damage or at least slow progress way down. I hope medical is untouchable at this point.

Either way, I will do my thing.

oldchuck

Veteran
Of course Sessions and the republican congress will kill any progress at the federal level for the indefinite future and will cause many problems and troubles in states that have already legalized. We hashed this all out in a couple of threads months ago when his appointment was first announced.

Trump will govern by tweet as has done, meaning his appointees will run the government according to their abysmal records. And nothing he tweets or says has any bearing on what his government will actually do.

EsterEssence

Veteran
There are so many issues this guy has to deal with, lets hope cannabis is not a top priority. I don't think a senator from bama is going to change how the majority of the people in many states feel. He certainty is going to have to pry the rosin from my dead hands...

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since the beginning of canna prohibition the US government has had bigger problems and issues to deal with than raising money thru the war on drugs
Left right don't matter...Barry has been the ONLY one who made an effort to leave it alone and how many went to jail over the last eight years? Plenty!
The last rep pres had time to persecute canna and he started TWO wars be had to deal with! These people are multi Tasker's..
Keep your heads tucked into your anus boys..And keep hoping...

topheavy420

nearly every issue he "stands" for he's flip flopped on. i'd expect nothing less.

I've heard one or two people say this before. But I guess we just differ in that I don't hold Donald to every statement he's ever made to the same standard as what he campaigned on.

So your expecting nothing less than Donald to do the exact opposite of what he campaigned on? No wall? No ACA repeal? No trade renegotiation?....and total all out war on weed right?

Yall haven't figured out gov never does what they say? Its usually always the opposite while skewing the definition to confuse the simpletons. It should be a no brainer that these idiots are full of shit.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
there will never be a wall, and no, Mexico will not pay for it anyway. expect a buttload more barbed wire though. much cheaper. Trump campaigned supporting medical cannabis, and many states that cast their votes for him already passed medical legalization, or did so this election. if he goes after mediweed he will become an irrelevant single term officeholder...which is exactly what i hope he is whether he supports cannabis rights or not. Sessions will be a lap dog in the Trump zoo; unless the Hairpiece says "sic 'em!" i don't think there is much to worry about. too many GOPers are climbing aboard the cannabis train. Trump is, obviously, a money grubbing swine. he sees those tax dollars & his eyes light up! MONEY TALKS, BULLSHIT WALKS...

HarvestMoon303

I am interested to see if he's confirmed, but I think that it's doubtful that he will be stopped at this particular junction. Pot is a state thing now, and always has been. It's not federally legal, so I don't expect that to change. I think that they have plenty to do after Today's press conference, so they should keep busy without cannabis. There was a new article today that about 40% of COPS think that pot should be legal. We have broken away, and there is no stopping cannabis.

Wendull C.

Veteran
You know what's funny about all these protests and I hope he doesn't get confirmed comment? Democrats have 49 seats in the Senate including the independents. If the Democrats had not changed the cloture rules to get Obama's nominees through, they would have enough seats to filibuster indefinitely or make the Republicans change the rules when more than a couple Republican senators hate Trump. McCain and Graham come to mind.

The Dems did this to themselves, the same way their healthcare law was passed with budget reconciliation and will now be dismantled in the same partisan way.

What's good for the goose....

igrowone

Veteran
Well, that's fucking interesting. Man.
-The Dude

https://www.marijuanatimes.org/sess...alty-for-cannabis-traffickers-thats-about-it/

Pretty good link with direct quotes from Sessions yesterday at the bottom. I happened to catch a short spot on PBS about it, and took a peek at what he said.

thanks for that, important stuff folks, just to remind you what you are dealing with here
one step above Duterte in that he is no longer in favor of executing MJ traffickers

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
You know what's funny about all these protests and I hope he doesn't get confirmed comment? Democrats have 49 seats in the Senate including the independents. If the Democrats had not changed the cloture rules to get Obama's nominees through, they would have enough seats to filibuster indefinitely or make the Republicans change the rules when more than a couple Republican senators hate Trump. McCain and Graham come to mind.

The Dems did this to themselves, the same way their healthcare law was passed with budget reconciliation and will now be dismantled in the same partisan way.

What's good for the goose....

Six of one, half a dozen to the other..............
If the Dems didn't use it then there would be nothing to dismantle now.

EastCoast710

honestly.. two customers of mine are lawyers.. and both of them don't know I grow.. just so called SELL.. and I was talking to them an they were like hold off on growing unless you get a medical card because this sessions guy might fuck up the entire countries recreational laws by enforcing federal law.. based on a 1 year renewable contract that each president will have to sign saying that they will or wont fund the DEA to do the raids

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
So what can this guy Sessions do exactly? Recreational cannabis in over 4 states now. Will they go back to only medical marijuana being allowed?

igrowone

Veteran
So what can this guy Sessions do exactly? Recreational cannabis in over 4 states now. Will they go back to only medical marijuana being allowed?

the good news it is 4+ states
a big roll back just doesn't seem possible
that said, this guy really has a stiffey for jailing drug users/dealers
the tempting targets will be the large corporate type operations
but they do have money, and that make it harder to get the traction he wants
don't know what he will do but as long as this guy has breath in his body he will try to bust people

EastCoast710

there is a contract for funded the DEA that Obama has been signing off on every year to not fund the DEA to go into LEGAL or MEDICAL grows.. well. sessions isn't going to sign that supposedly.. meaning.. they will use tax dollars to fund the DEA in legal states and medical states to go after legal and medical growers under federal laws.

EsterEssence

Veteran
He said, that he will not say that he won't enforce federal law, and there is no funding, He did not say anything about states rights.

Wendull C.

Veteran
I watched the confirmation hearings while trimming, Sessions said he will enforce all laws on the books as they where written, and if Congress didn't like it, they should change the laws.

As for the feds not having the funding or the man power to enforce those laws, they have both.

Trump has stated issues should be left to States to figure out. Unless he reigns in Sessions anyone with over 99 plants should be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.