What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Election Wrecked America's Underground Weed Economy.

geneva_sativa

Underground means illegal. So no, legalization did not wreck that. I was in the era of the real outlaw before this medical shit. City near by me will be selling pot next year, not that I care as I grow for myself. No card just show them the money. They want the taxes for the broke city.

This attitude is probably why places like WA state have been allowed to screw over the one group of folks that need this plant the most.

Yay Wreckreational and its compassionate supporters !

Way to go Yesum ! You rock outlaw ! :tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, Now what if I was to place AUMA in those scenarios above?

Thanks, I believe an answer to this last question will be all I need.

Apologize for not yet being able to get my head around the difference.

So if you place auma instead of 215, then the local sheriff would not need to catch you because herb is legal so no need to go to state court and use 215 as a defense.

If the dea catches you under auma, it means they really want to fuck with you for some reason. Like growing in a national park illegally etc...

But dea won't be busting people who are complying under auma, because state law in this case will help your defense in fed court.

While I'd like to believe what is bolded would hold true, I would be willing to bet that the powers that be continue as usual. State laws aren't exactly admissible as evidence in a federal case. These are two separate jurisdictions. Knowing who can prosecute from where, then, becomes crucial to any case due to technicalities. Because, technically, Federal jurisdiction does NOT encompas all the land within a particular states boundaries. Federal jurisdiction can only be extended to the lands OWNED by the federal government. All other lands fall under the jurisdiction of the State(s).

The above applies to all states/jurisdictions.
There's a lot more to it but jurisdictional challenges must be addressed previous to any other court proceedings.
I suggest yall get to know these rules as they apply to every single law/statute/regulation in the United States of America.

As far as the election wrecking the underground weed economy... No it didn't... The election is nothing more than a poll taken by various governments to see which direction to go in order to create the best distractions, for the people, from what they are really doing behind the scenes.
Cannabis legalization seems to be an awesome distraction so far...

Slipnot

While I'd like to believe what is bolded would hold true, I would be willing to bet that the powers that be continue as usual. State laws aren't exactly admissible as evidence in a federal case. These are two separate jurisdictions. Knowing who can prosecute from where, then, becomes crucial to any case due to technicalities. Because, technically, Federal jurisdiction does NOT encompas all the land within a particular states boundaries. Federal jurisdiction can only be extended to the lands OWNED by the federal government. All other lands fall under the jurisdiction of the State(s).

The above applies to all states/jurisdictions.
There's a lot more to it but jurisdictional challenges must be addressed previous to any other court proceedings.
I suggest yall get to know these rules as they apply to every single law/statute/regulation in the United States of America.

As far as the election wrecking the underground weed economy... No it didn't... The election is nothing more than a poll taken by various governments to see which direction to go in order to create the best distractions, for the people, from what they are really doing behind the scenes.
Cannabis legalization seems to be an awesome distraction so far...

If you think that since the legalization of MJ has not hurt the under ground scene. Then you never were there to begin with.

If you ask any regular smoker if they would be willing to pay more for legal weed, I guarantee that 100% of them would say YES; because, with legalization comes serious benefits like immunity from prosecution, convenience, safer purchasing environments, and a greater variety of product.

From a local government perspective, the taxes associated with legal weed provide a significant source of revenue; law enforcement resources could be better utilized (for example: preventing and/or solving REAL CRIMES), and violent crimes would more than likely decrease on aggregate.

The black market will never be completely brought into the light, but there are things that can be done to significantly reduce its influence, and it all starts with national legalization. States like Oregon, Colorado, and even DC, have written the blueprint for how to operate a well regulated and thriving legal cannabis market—and now it’s time for the U.S. government to take note.

Its all about getting taxes from the said Weed right now. You know that is what its all about.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Lets say you are a commercial opp complying with auma, that means you have a state liscense that you paid the state to give you and are paying state tax. If the fed busts you, then they'll have to bust the state as well and that ain't gonna happen. That would mean the state got illicit money knowingly for example...

How many people have the fed busted in CO that were complying with state law after legalization?

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Literally here is a Memo for Marijuana Enforcement from USDOJ

https://www.justice.gov/iso/opa/resources/3052013829132756857467.pdf

In summary, governement wants LOCAL law to govern in MJ matters. If you violate criteria within the memo, like selling to minors, then the federal government will step in.

Californias Prop 64 is interesting and will have impact on prices.. But the Alaskan legal market cannot buy ANY MJ from an outside source, and put that into the legal market.

If you are Californian please read this:

Write your board speaking out against ANY MJ tracking system, especially METRC. Or any system that limits cultivars or makes a "closed" system. In Alaska you are limited to 12 mothers, and you are not allowed to introduce plants from any other sources other than whats available from other licenced grows.

Cali needs its own system... the fact that METRC is in CO, WA, OR, AK is insane.. Nothing says that a tracking system is needed. Its more "cost" for the retailers.

ronbo51

Veteran
It's not all about taxes. They know the money will flow once they get control of the process. They are not worried about the money. They will build the apparatus so that it excludes anyone not capable of buying and maintaining political control. How much are you willing to pay to play? Well, the big players have deeper pockets, and can overcome the regulatory and financial hurdles by donating to the right people, hiring expensive lawyer/lobbyists, bribes. In the end the final construct will favor one or two connected groups, all choices will involve politics, and the small operators will be crushed. How else could this go? This has been happening up and down Main Street for decades. Marijuana will be no different, unless things change.

Skip

Veteran
it kills me to see all these indoor weed farms in new legal states when at some point production should and will head south where it's cheaper and sustainable.

legalization is going to move Cannabis production south of the border eventually and the stoner cash train will evaporate.

imma miss that old school when it dies, yo.
I agree that growing indoors is a huge waste of energy, it's expensive and not everyone can do it, for example those renting (most landlords will not approve of growing indoors).

You brought up an interesting point about the economics of production and how that might move cannabis growing back to Mexico.

I see that as a possibility farther down the line. Cannabis would first have to be legal in both the US and Mexico at the federal level.

Once that happens, then it will depend upon how high that wall is...will there be a 45% import duty? If so that is protectionism and could save the jobs of hundreds of thousands of Americans.

There will always be a place for boutique strains grown by the pros that will fetch higher prices and be grown in the US.

But if your talking about making oils and lowering the price on that due to scale of production, then it makes economic sense to grow outdoors where the labor costs are lower.

I can see cannabis farmers starting to act like regular farmers demanding protectionism from their government. Will they next be begging for subsidies once Mexican imports go big time?

Lots of unknowns here, some dependent upon the new president.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
I see things a bit differently. Viewing this from the smoker-consumer's perspective: Quality vs quantity (price). Let's stipulate--consumers do vote with their pocket book, but given a choice between product A and product B (price being the same), consumers will select the product with the greater quality, the one that has "all the whistles and bells" over the "stripped down version.

Comparing Mex weed with what most of us grow is...is, well, an insult. Back in the day, I moved many, many phonebook sized kilos of imported herb (loaded with seeds, stems and foreign objects). Everyday stuff, it was cheap and easy to move 4 finger lids and marginally profitable (depending on how many seeds/stems were included--sometimes breaking a kilo you were lucky to get 2 full pounds of marketable herb)...but I always ran out of the more expensive (and very profitable) stuff first (Columbia, Panama Red, Thai Sticks, Black Lebanese, etc). Why? Was it because it had very few seeds and no rocks or dead cockroaches (lol)?--or was it because a little went a long way--like rolling "pinners" instead of fat joints thick as your baby finger? Quality vs quantity.

So I think one might be a little short-sighted to think today's consumer and consumers of tomorrow (not to mention those from tomorrow's tomorrow--as I plan to live for a very long time) will select weed based strictly on price. Smoking pleasurable, potent herb is enjoyable...coughing up a lung after every toke is not. Quality vs quantity.

As I eluded in a post earlier, the higher end marketplace demands quality and something new every year (my analogy of price/quality comparing the price a dress from a runway in Paris to same dress sold 5-10 years later at Target--quality is the same, what changed are the tastes/wants of consumers). Focus on quality (which means making it harder for the next guy) is one way to succeed in the "high end" marketplace--skimping on quality is how you fail. And to remain competitive, you got to roll out a "new and improved" version every now and then (not same-oh same-oh).

Said differently, crazy strains like Gorilla Glue were not around 5 years ago and who had the foresight to predict in 2011 that it would be "THE strain for Summer 2016" and punch "OG" off the list? If growers had it their way, then "THE strain for Summer 2016" would be sourced from their own garden. What goofy strain will be introduced 5 years from now? You know the "game changer"...the one strain that will make all other strains "inferior".

Sorry, it don't work that way--consumers are driving this bus. As owners of the bus we may earn a handsome fee, but we are also stuck with all the work.

Since this market is consumer driven, and provided there is an endless supply of consumers (those from tomorrow's tomorrow), then I say, "why worry, be happy!" The sun rose in the east yesterday, it rose today in the east today, and tomorrow I expect it to rise in the east as well.

Last edited:

bluntmassa

Oh, don'tcha know, the Repubs are all for states rights, except when they're feelin' hypocritical. And now they're in charge.

So don't be surprised when Big PHarma and Big Tobacco remind Congress who bought them.

Wanna legalize pot on the Federal level?

Better start buying some politicians, as that's the only way it's gonna happen.

And you better have deep pockets like those Industries I just mentioned.

We do have an ex Congressman in Alaska growing weed. Not to mention the Kennedy's and their fortune. Trust me big pharma can not compete with the gains politicians are going to make from weed. Also GW Pharmaceuticals didn't invest in US patents for nothing.

Hate to break it to you but big money is already here and they ain't going away. This is how fortunes are made just look at the Volstead Act history repeats itself.

bluntmassa

I see things a bit differently. Viewing this from the smoker-consumer's perspective: Quality vs quantity (price). Let's stipulate--consumers do vote with their pocket book, but given a choice between product A and product B (price being the same), consumers will select the product with the greater quality, the one that has "all the whistles and bells" over the "stripped down version.

Comparing Mex weed with what most of us grow is...is, well, an insult. Back in the day, I moved many, many phonebook sized kilos of imported herb (loaded with seeds, stems and foreign objects). Everyday stuff, it was cheap and easy to move 4 finger lids and marginally profitable (depending on how many seeds/stems were included--sometimes breaking a kilo you were lucky to get 2 full pounds of marketable herb)...but I always ran out of the more expensive (and very profitable) stuff first (Columbia, Panama Red, Thai Sticks, Black Lebanese, etc). Why? Was it because it had very few seeds and no rocks or dead cockroaches (lol)?--or was it because a little went a long way--like rolling "pinners" instead of fat joints thick as your baby finger? Quality vs quantity.

So I think one might be a little short-sighted to think today's consumer and consumers of tomorrow (not to mention those from tomorrow's tomorrow--as I plan to live for a very long time) will select weed based strictly on price. Smoking pleasurable, potent herb is enjoyable...coughing up a lung after every toke is not. Quality vs quantity.

As I eluded in a post earlier, the higher end marketplace demands quality and something new every year (my analogy of price/quality comparing the price a dress from a runway in Paris to same dress sold 5-10 years later at Target--quality is the same, what changed are the tastes/wants of consumers). Focus on quality (which means making it harder for the next guy) is one way to succeed in the "high end" marketplace--skimping on quality is how you fail. And to remain competitive, you got to roll out a "new and improved" version every now and then (not same-oh same-oh).

Said differently, crazy strains like Gorilla Glue were not around 5 years ago and who had the foresight to predict in 2011 that it would be "THE strain for Summer 2016" and punch "OG" off the list? If growers had it their way, then "THE strain for Summer 2016" would be sourced from their own garden. What goofy strain will be introduced 5 years from now? You know the "game changer"...the one strain that will make all other strains "inferior".

Sorry, it don't work that way--consumers are driving this bus. As owners of the bus we may earn a handsome fee, but we are also stuck with all the work.

Since this market is consumer driven, and provided there is an endless supply of consumers (those from tomorrow's tomorrow), then I say, "why worry, be happy!" The sun rose in the east yesterday, it rose today in the east today, and tomorrow I expect it to rise in the east as well.

There is no new and improved Johnny Walker Blue Label but the price is holding firm at about $300 a bottle I believe.

I honestly can't tell you how it tastes though I wouldn't buy a bottle with your money. Lol, but same goes for high quality Champagne expensive wine. I can't tell you if it's better than mad dog 2020 but some people buy it. I am happy with my mixed drinks and import beer I'm not paying that much extra unless it comes with a happy ending. :)

Same goes for weed I will buy dank but I won't pay double if it's slightly stronger I care more about taste myself well unless it's high CBD fuck that shit that's like a day time smoke so nobody really knows your high including yourself. Lol

PDX Dopesmoker

Highway robbery taxes and all the other expenses of running a legal shop will keep the less expensive, less legal option profitable unless the economies of scale are such that the weed store weed is still cheaper. The paranoia inducing tracking systems will help people conditioned to paranoia want to keep their shit on the down low, that is the Oregon experience.
I think most consumers aren't well informed enough to complain if, further town the line, some large operator manages to get a license for a 12,000 acre tractor harvested operation and floods the market with so much cheap extract that everyone else goes out of business. The economies of scale available to large mechanized producers are outrageous. Grape farmers make good money pulling $20,000/acre on their properties. Corn farmers do OK at $1000/acre. You can make 100lbs of oil on an acre pretty easily, what if they're producing dabs at a material cost in the $0.50/lb - $10/lb range? Its gonna be hard to sell a lot of $2000 units in that market. You can probably produce enough to feed the whole state of California's appetite for less than $50,000,000/year in expenses including land purchase.

Last edited:
D

Dioni

I buy wine when i want to drink it because a.) I don't have a vineyard b.) I don't have the time or experience to make "good" vino....I think with the increase in legal use alone everything will be just fine for quite some time.
The best will always have a bowl that needs filling!

therevverend

Veteran
The price of ganja is not going to be dropping in the legal states. In my state the government controls the prices. 30% of a $10 gram will make a lot more money then 30% of a $10 pound. The government goes by the $40 an eighth, or about $10 a gram prices. They limit the amount you can buy to less then an ounce so there's no price breaks. Quality isn't that much of a factor except it can cause the prices to rise over $10 a gram. Look at the price of tobacco. All those price increases aren't making more money for the growers. Same with liquor. The price keeps going up because it's more popular then property or sales taxes.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
There is no new and improved Johnny Walker Blue Label but the price is holding firm at about $300 a bottle I believe.

I honestly can't tell you how it tastes though I wouldn't buy a bottle with your money. Lol, but same goes for high quality Champagne expensive wine. I can't tell you if it's better than mad dog 2020 but some people buy it. I am happy with my mixed drinks and import beer I'm not paying that much extra unless it comes with a happy ending. :)

Same goes for weed I will buy dank but I won't pay double if it's slightly stronger I care more about taste myself well unless it's high CBD fuck that shit that's like a day time smoke so nobody really knows your high including yourself. Lol

I think you are kinda proving my point. Instead of paying $7-8 for a domestic 12-pack of Miller High Life (barley flavored water)--you select a sixer of "import beer" for about the same price. Quality vs quantity. Nothing wrong with that...it is a "normal consumer behavior" to "pay double" for better quality, but not always.

As for paying double for weed....I guess it depends on the quality of the lower priced product, right? I think we both know there are excellent bargains to be had, if you are smart...and, one can foolishly overpay just as well (lack of information?). It all depends on one's bank balance, and the number of zeros left of the decimal point. It is all relative.

As for Johnnie Walker not releasing new products, well...I think you might be surprised to know since 1990, they have introduced 7 new retail Whisky labels (including your Blue Label) and....they also released dozens more through their private club/collection" program (looks like small batch release programs are very popular now).

"Only 8,888 decanters of the John Walker & Sons Private Collection 2016 Edition have been made. Each of these distinctive glass decanters is individually numbered, with a design that echoes the famous Johnnie Walker slanted label."

https://www.johnniewalker.com/en/our-whisky/john-walker-and-sons/private-collection-2016-edition/

I have purchased bottles of wine in excess of $300/bottle. Why? Think I am crazy? Nope, I had an opportunity to buy a case of 1992 Screaming Eagle cabernet at $500 each and a few years later sold 9 bottles through an auction at $900 each. Was I fool for selling them at $900 each? Probably, because today, if you can find one, then expect to pay $7000 per bottle. Did I drink any of them, damn yes! In my book, they were almost "free"...lol. But damn, imagine if I hung on to them...oh well! Such is life in the "fast lane".

Choosing quality over price, is a normal "consumer behavior" and rolling out new products happens to be a normal "production behavior" as well. Rather then re-invent the wheel, I suggest we should stand on the shoulders of giants...and apply to our situation things that make sense.

Here is a cut & paste from Wiki listing some of the private collection bottles--check out the price for their Odyssey, whoooa! Shame weed does not age well...lol, imagine the strain collections that could be assembled.

• Johnnie Walker New Explorers' Club Collection: a collection which contains a number of 'series', the first of which is the 'Trade Routes' series, which contains "The Adventurer" (≈US$30) released May 2014; "The Spice Road" (≈US$43) released Dec 2012; "The Gold Route" (≈US$95) released in Mar/Apr 2013; "The Royal Route" (≈US$159) released May/Jun 2013. The Trade Routes series is available exclusively in Duty Free.<sup id="cite_ref-22" class="reference">[22]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-23" class="reference">[23]</sup> The Explorer's Club of New York took umbrage at this titling and filed suit against Diageo for misuse of its trademark. After a New York judge ruled in favour of the club, a settlement was reached in November 2014 with Diageo entering into a licensing agreement with the club (without disclosing the financial terms of the settlement).<sup id="cite_ref-24" class="reference">[24]</sup>
  • Johnnie Walker XR 21: an 80 proof (40% ABV) blend aged 21 years.
  • Johnnie Walker Black Label: Keep Walking New Zealand: a special limited-edition pack to support fundraising efforts following the Christchurch earthquake in February 2011
  • Johnnie Walker Black Label: Project Black Inspiration: Facebook fans across Malaysia and Singapore had the chance to provide creative input to help shape the new bottle design. Only 200 bottles available worldwide, and only available in Malaysia and Singapore. (2011/2012)
  • Johnnie Walker Black Label: Anniversary Edition (1908–2008): in two different editions (≈US$34).
  • Double Black: a blend that uses peaty west coast whiskies to create a flavour that is more smoky than Johnnie Walker Black Label.<sup id="cite_ref-25" class="reference">[25]</sup>
  • Collectors Edition: a collectors' edition of 12-year-old Black Label was released in limited amounts (≈US$43).
  • Millennium Edition: a collectors' edition of 12-year-old Black Label was released in limited amounts in the year 2000 (≈US$130).
  • Odyssey – First bottling: an expensive blend with the first bottling of the barrel only 250 bottles (≈US$3,000).
  • Odyssey: an expensive general release (≈US$1,000).
  • Deco: a limited number of 350 ml bottles were produced in Art Deco–designed bottles, hence the name of this blend.
  • Premier: a blend aimed specifically at the Japanese market.
  • Green Label 180 Cask: a limited edition of the Green Label released in 2009 for the Taiwanese market.
  • Green Label 48%: a 2015 limited edition of the Green Label released at a higher strength for the Taiwanese market.
  • Swing Superior: a limited edition variety based on the Swing blend, marked by its distinctive golden label. 86.8 proof.
  • Original Swing: bottle has a cork top (US$1,500)
  • Celebrity: limited edition of 1462 bottles, bottled in 1972.
  • Johnnie Walker 1820 Decanter: a gift to employees to mark the 50 years of operation at the Kilmarnock distillery.
  • Liqueur Whisky (US$1,200)
  • 21 year old: a rare aged variation of Gold Label (US$1,200).
  • Quest: a special blend, rarer than Blue Label (≈$500).
  • Honour: one of the most rare and most expensive blends of Johnnie Walker Scotch whisky.
  • Excelsior: a rare double matured Scotch whisky, distilled in 1947, bottled in 1997 (≈US$1,700).
  • Old Harmony: a rare blend marketed at the Japanese market (≈US$850).
  • 15 year old Kilmarnock 400 Whisky: an extremely rare Gold Label blend bottled to mark the 400th anniversary of the granting of burgh status to Kilmarnock. Released in 1992 in limited amounts (≈US$850).
  • 150 years Anniversary 1820–1970: a 150th anniversary commemorative blend. (≈US$2,000).
  • Blue Label 200th Anniversary: 2005 saw Johnnie Walker's extremely limited bottling of its ultimate blend. A special release of cask strength Blue Label, in a special square Baccarat crystal decanter. It is the most expensive Johnnie Walker product, selling recently for over US$3,600 a bottle.<sup id="cite_ref-Johnniewalker.com_26-0" class="reference">[26]</sup>
  • Blue Label 1805: On 25 July 2005, the makers of Johnnie Walker Blue Label celebrated the birth (200th anniversary) of its founder with the release of just 200 bottles of a special edition blend, specially created by the Johnnie Walker Master Blender, Jim Beveridge. None of the 200 bottles were made available for retail sale. In recognition of John Walker's entrepreneurial success in bringing whisky of the highest quality to the world, the bottles were presented to individuals deemed to have made the most significant contribution to modern life. It is estimated that each bottle is valued at US$30,000.
  • Blue Label King George V Edition (2007): To recreate the Johnnie Walker blending style from King George V era. King George V was the British monarch that first granted Johnnie Walker its Royal Warrant in 1934. Oak casks dating back to the last century were used to age the whisky, sourced from distilleries operating during the reign of King George V. Special packaging in crystal decanter accompanied by an individually numbered certificate of authenticity. (US$600)<sup id="cite_ref-Johnniewalker.com_26-1" class="reference">[26]</sup>
  • Johnnie Walker Blue Label Mini Blended Scotch Whisky: a rare item that includes a hand-blown nosing glass and sealed tasting notes and booklet on blue label whisky, costing around US$250.
  • The John Walker: This blend includes old whiskies from distilleries long since closed. Only 330 bottles were made. (>US$3,500)
  • Johnnie Walker Diamond Jubilee (2012):<sup id="cite_ref-27" class="reference">[27]</sup> In honour of Queen Elizabeth II 60 bottles of whisky distilled in 1952. Only sixty bottles are being sold in Singapore at S$250,000.
  • Johnnie Walker Blue Label Guam Special Edition (2015): initial limited run of only 600 bottles released on 28 July 2015. $247.99/bottle. Features original Blue label bottle with special island gold design on the front. Sold only in Guam, an unincorporated Territory of the United States. The middle of the label features the official Guam Seal which is a sling stone representing the indigenous Chamorro culture with a coconut tree and a flying Proa outrigger canoe inside the design. Possible plans for future release of other editions Christmas 2015 depending on success of this run.
  • Johnnie Walker Select Casks – Rye Cask Finish (2015): a first in a series of limited edition wood-finished blends that will be released over the coming years. It is aged 10 years and is priced at US$45 for a 750 ml bottle.<sup id="cite_ref-28" class="reference">[28]</sup>
  • John Walker and Sons Private Collection Whisky: a set of annual, limited release whiskies which showcase the craftsmanship and innovation of John Walker & Sons blended Scotch Whisky. It consists of Private Collection 2014 Edition, Private Collection 2015 Edition and Private Collection 2016 Edition<sup id="cite_ref-29" class="reference">[29]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-30" class="reference">[30]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-31" class="reference">[31]</sup>

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As for paying double for weed....I guess it depends on the quality of the lower priced product, right? I think we both know there are excellent bargains to be had, if you are smart...and, one can foolishly overpay just as well (lack of information?)

Or access.

Popice

i cant feel bad for most growers worried about legalization in norcal. i cant feel bad for anybody worried about their bottom line. i think this is so early for how legalization will affect anything, its like we gotta talk about the fear and worry still: "my prices are dropping!" because we cant really see anything else. theres a lot of good arguments already hear, but ya know what? i have to buy cotton still because not everythig i want is manufactured from the hemp i want. i can buy wheatgrass shots at a health market on the corner, but no cannabis oil with it. i still have to see ads about fighting cancer and hear all of these stories about its growth and what we need to do but when does anyone acknowledge cannabis may help that? nah thats for getting stoned, hows it going to help malignant tumors? cannabis as medicine needs a lot of acres. Im sure theres people on this board that understand what it takes crop size, to help someone. its not like allowing 12,000 acre farms is going to go directly to recreational weed to be smoked as flower or even concentrate. the medical industry needs space, we need to reserve space to accommodate. ya it could be for smoking but the quality/quantity thing again. now over east prices are way down from $60/400 years ago but also still normal for wherever life brought you to. i realize its just ego and possible age that dictates price more, whatever. but a dinner party for 10 isnt gonna blow through near 8oz, and 125-250 for a plate at that weed dinner isnt gonna move. (somehow these have to remain private, but its like the quality thing, some people like there consumption a little more refined than just smoking.
i guess another thing is when the fed reschedules when can i order my half oz of this, cannabis cooking oil, suntan lotion, and daily drops off amazon? wheres that tax money going for my cannabis lifestyle blog that ships everything next day to all 50 states or countries? they grade butter, maple syrup and milk, is there standard grades for everything cannabis nationally? these things may have a big effect of markets, especially when considering the digital age this is happening in, i know thats fed areas but in my mind cali is a big player with big money that could knock netflix down because amazon prime offers a new adult section for cannabis products. and can give you more original content and faster to watch shows beacause of that market capture.

budbasket

Even with recently passed legislation, there is a black market created within those states between the medical and recreational market.

What's going to happen when the actual agricultural states adopt rec laws? Tennessee, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa which has the greatest soil in the world. That sets up another temporary black market between states unable to grow plants (Arizona,nevada, parts of Cali) and ones where the plant grows wild. Just pointing out the grows utilizing 500 gallon grow bags, special soil mix, on top of ground not capable of sustaining plant life vs. putting a plant in the ground and it bursting to 15 feet tall in a season, with little to no inputs.

That said, let's see how the Sessions appt effects current legislation.

Stay safe/stay baked- budbasket

RoneGrown

Man I swear you put it out best! I think the same people that were shooting for legalization for medicinal reasons, are ending up the same ones who are worried about no longer being able to turn top dollar profit on fuck up grows.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man I swear you put it out best! I think the same people that were shooting for legalization for medicinal reasons, are ending up the same ones who are worried about no longer being able to turn top dollar profit on fuck up grows.

I think this is spot on... Absolutely correct!!!

However, those that started the legal med movement are more passionate about their work & its purpose.

The rec paradigm will mostly be run by tax collectors collecting taxes from business men willing to do what they're told.
The legal rec industry is quickly becoming a puppet industry.

I'm a grower, so that's what I'm going to do, is grow. I'm a med patient, paid all the fees to so that I am allowed to grow. I don't care one way or the other about all this recreational and legalization, because I know that I'm good enough at what I do, that I will always have a market.

Latest posts

Latest posts