What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calaveras County Has Screwed Over Every Legal Grower

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could this absurdity conflict with HIPAA Privacy Rules?

Protected Health Information. The Privacy Rule protects all "individually identifiable health information" held or transmitted by a covered entity or its business associate, in any form or media, whether electronic, paper, or oral. The Privacy Rule calls this information "protected health information (PHI)."12

“Individually identifiable health information” is information, including demographic data, that relates to:

the individual’s past, present or future physical or mental health or condition,
the provision of health care to the individual, or
the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to the individual,

and that identifies the individual or for which there is a reasonable basis to believe it can be used to identify the individual.13 Individually identifiable health information includes many common identifiers (e.g., name, address, birth date, Social Security Number).

The Privacy Rule excludes from protected health information employment records that a covered entity maintains in its capacity as an employer and education and certain other records subject to, or defined in, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 20 U.S.C. §1232g.

This is the angle I'd take to start a huge class action lawsuit againt any individual involved w the planning commissions votes againt these 215 protected licenses.

Is it feasible?
Idk.
But something of this nature would get a huge amount of attention as well as set precedent un the law.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this blows my mind.

what part of "The Right to Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed" don't they understand?

it's stupid. Let's just put up a big sign saying "I have a ton of great quality cannabis and no guns, come rob me and kill me"

Maybury v Madison, US SUPREME COURT:
"Any law repugnant to the Constitution is void."

AWDTERROR

Stay underground and forget about these bogus "legal licenses" and you wont have this be a problem for you.

And as always VOTE NO! on upcoming recreational vote unless you want your business stolen by BIG POT

Akashaofthenile

not surprised

not surprised

In canada , we voted in a government prime minister that promised to make it legal, he's gone with bullet speed to push a bunch of stuff,,,,yet this promise is being dragged. Am I surprised,,,no!
And lets not forget, the conspiracy of the big pharma making the diseases to be able to treat them....

S

Stone House

Thanks to Calaveras counties insensitivity to the security of growers of high value products the Mexican cartels will no longer have to do their own growing, home invasions are much easier and the cartels put no value on human lives.
The Sheriff really stated he wouldn't protect growers? Is he telling the cartels they have a green light for home invasions, hmmmm and no firearms to protect yourself at you grow! Oh shit, maybe off duty cops will invade homes, steal cannabis and sell it back east similar to the detective in Butte county last year, knowing you have no protection for yourself or family.
Looks like grounds for impeachment and lawsuit.
Hell, orchards are protected by law enforcement and fines for stealing.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Set up roadblocks at night time to catch rippers, deal with those you catch spectacularly, make very certain you never get caught

Trace the ****s who made this happen, make them feel unsafe at home

Publicise all friends of officialdom who get licences that are denied to almost everybody else, fly drones over their grows and houses

Growers, look at non firearm defences, you have the time to plan and know the lie of the land. Do you realise that Capsicum, hot pepper spray is extracted just the same as Hash oil... Bear spray is 25% IIRC... Plan for rippers and deal with them.

B

Baron Greenback

As Chaos says above, firearms may be forbidden, but does that include a taser, bear traps, bows and the suchlike?
Razor wire absolutely everywhere, shift sleeping on site, that sort of thing might help.
It's just not going end well though is it?

O

OG Tree Grower

In my neck of the woods , boobie trapping crops will get you serious time in jail. My thoughts are bear spray/tazer and harvest now. Or set up security detail on larger crops. I'm still mind blown that this happened

armedoldhippy

Veteran
booby-trapping a home/building etc will get you a jail sentence unless it is set where an unsuspecting emergency worker (fireman etc) cannot be harmed by it. their job REQUIRES them to enter a burning building in order to rescue inhabitants/fight fires. so putting a trap where anyone coming through a door/window gets injured puts you in legal hell.

Team Sift

This is crazy. They must if foreseen this before they released peoples names and addresses.
Hardly makes you want to go legal.

FoothillFarming

Actually the Sheriff in Calaveras is VERY pot friendly and has kept the Feds out for years even though they threaten him with less funding every year...

Calaveras would NOT be the weed mecca right now if it wasent for the sherriff...

Ummmm no. Not true. Sheriff has only been there for a year...... What the heck are you talking about? He is also warning people to keep their kids inside during harvest season. Dude is a low life.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They were saying 215 is great no to 64 in the cali thread. Not that great and getting worse by the day.

jump /injack

Veteran
Could this absurdity conflict with HIPAA Privacy Rules?

Protected Health Information. The Privacy Rule protects all "individually identifiable health information" held or transmitted by a covered entity or its business associate, in any form or media, whether electronic, paper, or oral. The Privacy Rule calls this information "protected health information (PHI)."12

“Individually identifiable health information” is information, including demographic data, that relates to:

the individual’s past, present or future physical or mental health or condition,
the provision of health care to the individual, or
the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to the individual,

and that identifies the individual or for which there is a reasonable basis to believe it can be used to identify the individual.13 Individually identifiable health information includes many common identifiers (e.g., name, address, birth date, Social Security Number).

The Privacy Rule excludes from protected health information employment records that a covered entity maintains in its capacity as an employer and education and certain other records subject to, or defined in, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 20 U.S.C. §1232g.
Azure good find. Might be enough to get an injunction if any of the growers care.

bluntmassa

Yeah and how are people supposed to legally protect their property? Water Balloons? Pretty sure anything else on property isn't legal right? At least federally I'm sure.

Dogs are a great deterrent just get a few Caucasian Ovcharkas they will shit themselves seeing dogs that weigh 200-250+ pounds they are bigger and stronger than most men not to mention faster.

They are great family dogs but don't like outsiders at all it's all in the breeding pitbulls need to be trained to guard the Ovcharkas need to be trained not to guard. I'm certainly impressed with the breeding they also ain't on the dangerous dog list but only because they are fairly rare in America.

Latest posts

Latest posts