What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dakines NEW Fresh Start-Multiple Strains

Dakine

Veteran
Hey everyone, it's been Awhile. Some of you may or may not have seen my most recent adopted grow from A Friend. 2 Plants, 1-Lemon Haze, and 1-Pineapple Chunk.. let's just say the environment was not sterilized and the plants came to me in very very poor condition..

BUT getting those plants finally gave me the itch to come back after 6 years of not growing and just looking and drooling over everything I've been seeing.

Right now I have 4 recently germed skywAlkers that hopefully have had there hermi traits bred out since apparently this was from A clone only strain brought to my area about 26-30 years ago. Might be before that, I actually got my info wrong, My uncle recently gave these to my good friend/cousin.. But hes had these locked away wit hhis other seeds for A loong time. So I actually have some from the last batch my uncle made. Plus 15 more from my uncles main stash and it might have different generations mixed lol.

I have 4 other ReZ DSD seeds currently being germed that I purchased many years ago from the boutique. I'm also waiting for some new gear to come in, and once it does I'll tell you guys what I have.

This will be an indoor/outdoor soil grow, meaning some plants will stay in and some outdoor for there entire flowering.

More info on soil and tent/lightning specs and pics will be coming soon after I visit my local shop later today. I'm very proud of what this site and all of our local communities have evolved into in only a few years.

Thanks you guys, Glad to be back

Attachments

26.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
Just a little pic for now of the pineapple chunk.

Once my babies grow there 1st set of leaves I usually start to train them if they're going to stay indoors. My tent is pretty small 9ft tall by 4-wide.

I usually keep all the young ns under 24/0 until about the 3rd or 4th node. Then I'll top them and train some more and switch to 20/4.. BUT I'm getting ahead of myself haha. I'm not even there yet with these guys. 😁😂

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 14

Dakine

Veteran
So I wanted to show you guys the way I usually germinate seeds and how well it does for me..

Most of the time a shot glass and water is all the seeds I've germinated needed.. They usually have a pretty long tap root around the 48 hour and after Mark. But I forgot to take a picture..

So these 2 seeds where gifted to me by a friend and didn't know the exact name. So he said "but it's some kinda diesel" haha so we shall pick a name for them.

My method is basically the Wet paper towel method but I also add a little of my soul mix.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 22

Dakine

Veteran
So it looks like I might have to scrap those 3 runts. There not growing much at all. I'm still going to give them a chance but if they don't get better in 2 weeks I'm either going to try and put them into flower or put them outside to grow at their own pace.

I think after the 4th true set of leaves pop up on the 3 babies that are doing well I'm going to top them and do some low stress training.

Hopefully my package from the Bou arrives soon so I can get started on some new genetics..

Right now I have these under 21/3. As long as I don't procrastinate and get to work setting up my tent these will be put into flower in A couple weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 25

Dakine

Veteran
Finally some of my new gear just came in. Can't wait to see how these turn out and if the germ rate is good!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 19

Dakine

Veteran
So this will actually be my flowering tent but I have my seedlings vegging in it..

I just put 4 SSSDH S1 seeds into a cup of water to soak for 48 hours and 1 seed is already showing a little root at the 30 hour mark.

So right now the babies are vegging under 300watts of CFL and 200watts of Led lighting. But I need to find something to raise the pots closer to the lights/bulbs. Right now they're 5ft away..

Also does anyone have any recommendations on cheap lighting but better then what I currently have? I would like better lighting for flowering.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 22

Dakine

Veteran
So these are the 1st two SSSDH S1s to pop out of the soil. I had to help them take the shell off.. Is it just me or do these not look to good? Usually they're a bright solid green.. These are a dark ugly green mixed with yellow..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 20

Dakine

Veteran
So I let the other 2 SSSDH s1s to soak in a cup of just plain tap water and 1 finally opened up and has a pretty damn long tap root.. He other seed has only cracked open but I can see the roots inside. I just placed both of them in some soil so let's hope they both come out and pop there heads out of the soil so I'll have 4/4 germinations..

I have also just tried to germinate 2 more skywAlkers seeds and 1 has a long tap root and the other hasn't cracked yet.. I'm going to place them under soil anyways...

Dakine

Veteran
This pic I'm trying to show u guys are the 1st 2 SSSDHS1s that popped out of soil/germinated before the others.. They didn't look healthy at first. I even had to delicately take off the seed capsule that was stuck on the cotyledons..

Atleast the very bad yellowing and green color, looks like I'm over that and there looking better.. What do u guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 16

Dakine

Veteran
So I wanted to give a couple update post on how our babies are doing so far. I hope both pictures will upload.. I'm doing everything from an iPhone.

So this plant was just topped yesterday, but I've been seen that some leaves are getting a little yellows.. Should I give them more nitrous? I have bat guano which would do the job

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 19

Dakine

Veteran
So this next picture of the 1st plant I topped out of this group.. It looks like it works since the plant would concentrate on giving all nutrients to undershoots and growth..

I'm trying to debate about training some lower branches so all undergrowth will get sun to grow as its own cola..

Should I train the new shoots from the plant I topped or should I top the newly shoots that came up after the topping

paper thorn

Veteran
always slow going when your popping seeds. get those old seeds going though, i've got a bunch of seeds just started and i'm trying not to count my chickens yet, but i just can't wait!

Dakine

Veteran
Thought it was time for a small update.. I'm not sure but I think these babies actually liked the old cool CFL bulbs and not these bright daylight white ones as much.. A lot of the stems have been turning a dark purple though..

Yup it's always super slow, but I rather do this then start with clones. Only because I want to know my plants inside and out ya kno?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 25

Dakine

Veteran
So I recently started to try and germ 2 sssdh s1s and 2 skywalkers and right now I'm only 1/2 and 1/2. Still hoping to see if the other 2 seeds will pop up.

Still debating on which light to pick up that would work well with my 4x7 tent so I can finally actually use it.

Anyone know what's wrong with my middle plant? At first I thought it was a N deficient but it keeps getting more yellow day by day..

The 2 freshly sprouted in the bottom right are the first 2 SSSDH S1s to pop. 1 looks it has a little issue with his first set coming out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 15

Dakine

Veteran
In this pic u can clearly see the issue I was talking about with the freshly sprouted SSSDH s1.. The new leaves look like it has like a curved hook to it lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 19

Dakine

Veteran
So I want to say after looking at the guide to finding out what is wrong with your plant and looking at different threads with different deficiency issues, that this girl is calcium deficient.

If I'm wrong please let me know lol. I really want to carefully dust off/take out as much soil as I can from the roots without breaking/tearing them. The soil it's in is most likely fucked lol. My mix wasn't ready so I just used some from near my mango tree and about a cup worth from an old seedling pot..

I've been getting ideas and suggestions from the Equipment and Lighting forum on what set up I should run for flower time. I really wanted to do a vertical 500watt with 2-250hps on a budget.. But looking on Amazon there's A iPower-400watt complete horizontal set up for 90$, Or An iPower 1k set up for around 140$..

Still debating though and right now I need to see what I have around to give my babies some calcium since I don't want to have to go to the store again since I just went yesterday.

Sigh

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 10

Dakine

Veteran
So the problem I just posted up looks to apparently be solved by me using grow assist which only helps the soil absorb water and by using orca which helps break down any nutrients in my soil mix..

I had help from my local grow/hydroponics store. The owner told me to try it before adding any extra nutrients. I told her what I use in my soil mix and she said I might've not let the microbes break it down long enough to make usable because I waited only 2 weeks and recommended the above idea first.

She also didn't have any orca in small bottles and only had the big expensive left so she went to the back and brought out her own bottle and gave me enough for a couple weeks.. I love how this entire community of growers always just try to help each other out.

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
I'm not sure what's going on with the past plant/baby I posted about.. Most of the leaves started turning back to a good green color but now the leaves are curling/turning upside down. But they are still a good green color and not feeling crispy at all...

Does anyone know if plants veggind under 24/7 lighting will show there gender? I know that plants will end up showing there gender in the long run but I realized that I'm not even giving the plant time to shut down and create flowering hormones.

Dakine

Veteran
The plant closest to me has such smaller spaces between nodes. Both plants are SSSDH s1s started on 8/5/16 from seed. I'm going to be topping both of them now and letting them veg for 1-2 weeks before I throw them into flower.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10

Dakine

Veteran
Just transplanted most of my plants into 1gallon pots to finish vegging in. I topped the right side of this plant for the 2nd time. I hope it's not a waste and then it ends up being a male.. I'm still thinking about what size pots I'll be flowering in.

The skywAlker that had the white soil mites was thrown outside to flower and I'm thinking something came up and ate all of them. I don't see them after I water him/her anymore and all the leaves healed themselves and it's grown about 6inches atleast the past week it's been out there. I'll get a picture tomorrow when the sun is out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 12