What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SkunkVA x Snow Lotus - Bodhi Seeds - Kalyx

Kalyx

Test Grow - Bodhi Seeds - SkunkVA x Snow Lotus

Im a little late getting this log started, has just been very hectic for me the past month. The good thing is at least the log gets started off with some pictures of actual plants as opposed to just some seeds soaking in water. I am extremely grateful and honored to be able to run these test seeds to say the least. I want to thank Bodhi for this opportunity and my boy easternOG for making this happen.

Being the Bodhi seeds addict that I am I needed more variety in the garden so I also have 2 Wish Mountain plants that I will be including in this test log. I have really high expectations for both of these strains and I know I will find some magic in these seeds. While my hopes are high for Wish Mountain, I'm looking forward most to the SkunkVA x Snow Lotus. Im a serious chem/diesel/og fiend and the SkunkVA is my all time favorite smoke. Fingers crossed I can find a chem leaner pheno. For my purposes to make things quicker and easier I am just going to be referring to the SkunkVA x Snow Lotus as Chem Lotus

Strains

Chem Lotus - Chem91' SkunkVA x Snow Lotus (Afgooey x Block Head)

Wish Mountain - Afkansastan × Appalachia (Green Crack x Tres Dawg)

Equipment

Veg Room - 2ft 2 bulb T5 - 4ft 8 bulb T5 - 250w MH bulb - Plants start under the 2ft T5, Plants veg under the 4ft T5. The 250w is used for larger plants or used for plants before moving to the flowering tent.

Flowering Room - 1000w HPS/MH switchable ballast and air cooled reflector. Plants flowered under 1000w HPS Bulb in a 5x5x7 tent.

Growing Medium

Soil - Currently using FoxFarm Ocean Forrest with added Worm Castings and Perlite.

Nutrients - Using the FoxFarm line of organic nutrients, Kangaroots Root Drench, Microbe Brew and Big Bloom.

I like to keep things as simple and natural as I can, Im a firm believer in less is more. When germinating I drop seeds in a shot glass of water. Once the sink to the bottom I plant them in a solo cup filled with soil. I like to have really good drainage and will just take the FFOF soil and add some perlite for babies. Usually when they are about 2 weeks old I will give them Kangaroots and Microbe Brew with their water. I will usually space these nutes in between a few pure waterings throughout the entire veg cycle.

These plants will be flowered in 5gal pots, their FFOF soil will be mixed with added worm castings and perlite. Their watering regimens will continue the same throughout the flowering cycle with big bloom nutes added to the mix with the root drench and micro-nutrients. I usually will top my plants between the 5th and 6th nodes and plan to do the same with these. I will then do some added training to try and create a nice even canopy.

9/29 - Germination Begins

Started 4x Chem Lotus and 2x Wish Mountain dropping seeds in a shot glass of water. Inside of 24 hours all 6 seeds had cracked and dropped to the bottom of the glass. On 9/30 all 6 seeds were planted into Solo cups.

10/4 - Day 1 - It all begins!

This is what is being counted as the first official day for these plants all 6 of them have now sprouted above ground. All 6 plants have been strong healthy and happy so far, no runts or slow pokes in the group. I have been very impressed with the vigor these babies have shown me so far. They are growing fast with tight node spacing and all are starting to branch out very nicely. 10/19 they were given their first dose of micro nutes and root drench and responded greatly to it. Given a few regular waterings and then another does of the nutes again on 10/26.

Enough information time to show some pictures and get this grow log rolling.

10/26 - Day 22 - Chem Lotus (SkunkVa x Snow Lotus)

Got a new camera which is great too bad I was in a time crunch while taking these photos. I didn't have time to get good lighting and have the ugly warm glow of the HPS in the background tainting the colors on these pictures.

picture.php

These pictures were taken right before they received a watering and nutes they were a little thirsty and tad droopy for these pictures. They have a much darker color of green than is showing up in the pictures due to the bad lighting.

Chem Lotus #1

picture.php

Chem Lotus #2

picture.php

Chem Lotus #3

picture.php

Chem Lotus #4

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continued 10/26 - Day 22 - Wish Mountain

I have high hopes for the Wish Mountain and they have been looking great so far. Just as if not more vigorous than the Chem Lotus, they also look very similar at this time and are hard to distinguish. The easiest and really only way to separate them right now is size with the #1 pheno being a little bit taller than its counter part. Both of these has a very strong skunky aroma they are giving off, Im thinking between both of these strains and everything else in the tent the carbon filter will be working overtime this grow.

Wish Mountain #1

picture.php

Wish Mountain #2

picture.php

More updates coming soon.

Last edited:

easternOG

My chairs pulled up forsure!!! Things are looking amazing so far my brother!! Those sk va's all have a chem dom profile so far!! My chem leaner turned out to be the only female out of 5, can't wait to dig a lil deeper !! Some OMEGA FUNK IS ON THE HORIZON KALYX!!! Your the man !! The suspense is killing me!! much peace and blessings sent your way!! Brothers look out for eachother K Dog same with you Useful Idiot!! Very Quality guys!! I appreciate the Love!!
ONELOVE

Bmac1

Veteran
THISGONBGUD.gif

Right in the front row. The SkunkLotus sounds pretty damn awesome and I know you will kill it kalyx. How is that goji and the fuzz treatin ya now with a nice cure?

Kalyx

@The Revolution - Hey man I am very blessed right now with the seeds I have to grow, going to be some serious fire inside these genetics, cant wait!

@Useful Idiot - Thanks Useful going to be a blast growing these babies and yes eastern rocks!

@easternOG - Hey eastern glad to have you on board, Im keeping my eye on you to see how your magical beauty turns out I know you have a special one on your hands. Right now they really do look all chem dom nice fat dark green oily looking leaves. So happy seeing these babies grow up its going to be a fun show.

@Bmac1 - Hey Bmac1 always happy to have you join the show, thanks for the kind words. The Fuzz and Goji are both killer man and treating me great after some nice cure time. All 3 of the fuzz are really nice #1 is the winner for sure, very strong chemmy funk, sticks on the tongue for a very long time and very potent. The Goji is also awesome and very potent its a great day time smoke. Really nice smooth and complex flavor, not as strong or thick of a flavor as the Fuzz #1 if that makes sense but awesome. I will work on getting some quality shots of some cured buds posted soon.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey kalyx

Another awesome thread my friend
Always good reports with bodhi gear
Looking forward to the next update

Thanks
GA

Kalyx

@Siskiyou - sticky367 - fatsack79 - Thanks for tagging along and joining the show, I think these plants will perform great.

@Cannavore - Thanks canna I appreciate it, really excited about the potential with these babies. I can never get enough Bodhi gear or chem in my life so this looks like a win/win to me.:tiphat:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Kalyx I cant keep up with your projects. Well at least I'm signed in now so let the fire works
begin.