What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Miami Police kill 4 masked men

I'm just so depressed about Florida in general. Why does the state with the best fishing in the world and affordable beach property have to be the most totalitarian of all the states? Why couldn't it be like, Montana or something?

MIway

Veteran
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/...l-police-involved-shooting.html#disqus_thread

The four gunmen shot and killed by Miami-Dade police officers in the Redland Thursday night believed they were staging a large-scale home grow operation where a “substantial amount” of marijuana was being produced, the department’s director said.

There was no marijuana. It was in fact a “controlled” operation staged by police with the help of a “cooperating defendant,” Miami-Dade Police Director James Loftus said Friday in an interview.

Miami-Dade’s heavily armed Special Response Team, which had surrounded the property to arrest the crew, ordered the men to put down their weapons and they refused, Loftus said. At least one gunman may have fired at officers, he said.

“Sometimes, this is a dangerous job and it’s dangerous for us, and this is a reminder that it’s dangerous for the bad guys,” Loftus said.

Miami-Dade robbery detectives had been tracking the crew for weeks. They believe the men — each with a lengthy criminal history — may be responsible for at least a 15-home grow ring since last fall, with suspicions of cartel ties to trafficking.

The cooperating defendant, recently released from federal prison, told his cohorts about the location of the supposed marijuana stash. His police handlers told him not to participate in the sting, but he did anyway — and he too was killed in the shooting, Loftus said.

The man was found armed with a pistol and detectives believe his cohorts may have forced him to participate, he said.

The shooting happened about 9 p.m. at a home in the area of Southwest 216th Street and 189th Avenue. The names of the slain men have not been released. The driver who brought the suspected armed growers to the 3-acre property was not injured and has been taken into custody by police.

The shooting officers have been placed on temporary administrative duty, as is routine in police shootings, but should be cleared of any wrongdoing in this clearly righteous kill.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/...ved-shooting.html#disqus_thread#ixzz1QsA9PgCN

Can you really believe anything the police/media report. All I know is more people are dead by the cops... and y'all say they deserve it.

What about when they come for you & your suspected cartel ties to mass-scale marijuana cultivation (really)? How many peeps going to think, "good riddens"?

Lifebreather

Veteran
Wow, it's been a LOOOOOOONG time since I've been this ambivalent about any topic.

First thoughts...hmmm...well, yeah, the rippers got what they had coming. They are scum who prey upon those who already risk their necks to provide a much needed commodity.

Second...don't think for a SECOND that these cops are out to protect growers. They would just as soon shoot a room full of growers reaching for a bong. So, please please PLEASE--if you are going to take pleasure knowing that these scumbags are no longer in this world; DON'T FORGET they were taken out by a common enemy.

The enemy of my enemy isn't always my friend.

Third...if this level of setup and execution can happen to them, it can happen to us. It seems inhumane if you were to put just about anyone else in their place. No, I'm not siding with them at all...but something about this whole thing seems SOOOOOOOO not right. The police accomplice also dying, the "possible" shot fired by the rippers...the whole rigging of the scenario to begin with.

This has left a strange feeling in my stummick...

Be well, my friends!

So the pigs watched these guys pull off 15 robberies. By that time they'd probably become big enough purveyors of the "demon weed" that they themselves were finally targeted. And then they were killed. Well, at least the pigs don't have their heads *totally* fucked.

Rippers got theirs, cops won't though.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the stupidity in this thread is so thick it can be cut with a knife

letting cops set up situations where they can legally set up people for murder is NEVER FUCKING RIGHT

DOESN'T MATTER WHO THE FUCK IT IS

next time people whine about over the top police force remember you found it plenty acceptable when it was a "ripper"

when they start offing growers remember it was all good when it was someone else

the reason the judicial system in America is loose enough that we can even get away with growing is because of civil liberties and if you fucking hateful idiots had your heads out of your asses long enough you'd see this is another blatant violation of those very rights

POLICE SHOULD NEVER BE JUDGE JURY AND EXECUTIONERS

you are cheering the removal of the balance of power that keeps this country from being a police state

maybe one day you will grow up and stop feeding your hate at the easiest opportunity and seek understanding instead but you have to grow up and lose the stupid and bitter street mindset

do the victims of violent offenders and people who threaten the peace deserve justice, damn straight

should it be completely delegated to the police?

better yet initiated by setting up a fake crime?

how about the death sentence without a trial and the dead informant?

could have been they were dirty cops and they set this up to eliminate evidence but we will never know because the only ones left standing were wearing uniforms

your believing the press and the police hook line and sinker yet i can reference many threads where almost every statement is bullshit and there are plenty of users commenting on the fact

sounds like a lot of powerless, frustrated and weak minded people just looking for a bandwagon to beat their chests over

sweet life

M

Milhouse

These guys were standing outside a house with FIREARMS!! They arent growers, they are fucking thiefs! I really dont care what the fuck else is in the police report, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see they were ready to do something stupid!! The degenerate low lifes tried to pull of another robbery and it didnt work...period.

Is it really that hard to imagine that a bunch of armed criminals refused to be captured by police and decided to shoot their way out of the situation? Not everything is a conspiracy theory!!! I have absolutely no problems with police doing what they did! I would them shot dead than go through our legal system, the same Floridian legal system that lets a child murderer go free!! Fuck that!!

And Weird - Before you go romping on your high horse, put yourself in someone elses shoes for a minute. If I was a cop and some fuckwad was pointing a gun at me, either he is going home or I am, It is going to be me!! Cops arent trained to shoot to injure!!

KONY

Veteran
Video camera's don't lie.....they have these 4 punks on multiple video feeds approaching the building armed and with ski mask on, in florida???

Not talking about mj or anything, but people committing violent felony's loose all rights, I firmly believe in one being able to defend their home with lethal force, especially if someone else is committing a violent felony. Is it right the cops are able to set this up??? No, not at all.

Granted i guess the police could have planted the masks, and faked the video etc. But I am having a very hard time feeling bad for them (rippers) or thinking they should have gone to court.

If they went to court they mighta beat the charges. Sometimes people are better off dead. Child molesters and rippers are two of these people..... u can try to say people can say the same about mj growers, but thats just completely irrational.

This is not right or good, however with drugs illegal there are not many options. Gotta legalize all drugs before any of this sorts of thing goes away.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
These guys were standing outside a house with FIREARMS!! They arent growers, they are fucking thiefs! I really dont care what the fuck else is in the police report, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see they were ready to do something stupid!! The degenerate low lifes tried to pull of another robbery and it didnt work...period.

Is it really that hard to imagine that a bunch of armed criminals refused to be captured by police and decided to shoot their way out of the situation? Not everything is a conspiracy theory!!! I have absolutely no problems with police doing what they did! I would them shot dead than go through our legal system, the same Floridian legal system that lets a child murderer go free!! Fuck that!!

And Weird - Before you go romping on your high horse, put yourself in someone elses shoes for a minute. If I was a cop and some fuckwad was pointing a gun at me, either he is going home or I am, It is going to be me!! Cops arent trained to shoot to injure!!

I did

now put yoursel in mine

take away your emotion and use logic

the cops KNEW who it was and had an INFORMANT who knew where to get the perpetrators

they had committed 15 crimes

the cops CHOSE to set up a situation where there would be the potential for violent conflict and im sure it was in a civilian area

they had enough crime activity to assure conviction. these guys were not good enough to even keep one of their own from rolling over on them, do you think they left 0 evidence at 15 crime scenes?

and do you think its safe and necessary to set up violent offenders like that to commit more crimes instead of simply apprehending them?

its like letting bank robbers stay on the lam when you know where they are at because you want to catch them in the act

there are manhunts here for far less and they dont give them the opportunity to commit more crime

now before I continue do you know what your rights as an american are?

do you understand the constitution?

do you understand the intent of our for fathers for balance of power?

IMHO

your playing into the polices hands by letting them feed your inner vigilante

YES there needs to be justice but not like this

police are not for exacting justice only for bringing people to justice

huge fucking difference

Grass Lands

Veteran
Here we go again more fucking bleeding liberal hearts wanting to save all the scum of the world...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

A thief is a thief no matter how the cloth is cut...they got what they deserved, no matter who shot the fucks...

M

Milhouse

Weird - It never says in the article that "the men were responsible for 15 crimes", it says they "They believe the men were responsible for at least 15 violent home invasion robberies since last fall, some targeting drug dealers and involving the torture and genital mutilation of some victims." If they truly had enough evidence to take them down, they would have and moved on.

Just because the cops were "tracking" them doesnt mean they had 24 hr surveillance on them. It isnt like they were just sitting outside these 15 houses watching them and doing nothing just so they could bust them later on the same charge? No sense!

Did you ever think that the cops needed more info to bust these guys, that is the reason they were using an informant in the first place! They didnt have enough on them unless the informant helped. I am not saying the cops did everything perfect but I am damn glad the thiefs got theirs in the end.

What are you talking about choosing to set up a situation with potential violent conflict? Any part of a cops job can turn into a violent conflict at any moment. When you are dealing with criminals, especially ones with histories like this, situations can turn violent anywhere, anytime.

What is this rhetoric about the constitution and balance of power? It comes down to, these guys broke into the wrong damn house and wouldnt put their guns down! I am sure if they were all unarmed, this situation would have ended differently. These guys chose to carry a gun (illegal i am sure), chose to rob people for a living, chose to take the advice of the informant, and chose not to drop thier guns when told. Sounds like the choices they made sealed their fate!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Here we go again more fucking bleeding liberal hearts wanting to save all the scum of the world...

A thief is a thief no matter how the cloth is cut...they got what they deserved, no matter who shot the fucks...

no I just don't want cops empowered to be judges and juries

maybe if you read more what i wrote before you made up your mind you'd "get it"

it a bunch of bullshit

the minute they knew had an informant who knew where these guys were they should have taken em down with a swat team

instead they let them roam the streets with firearms and staged a shootout

had these guys shot a cop you think they would have been set up like that?

but they stage 15 violent offenders its all good?

M

Milhouse

Dude, where are you reading that they had enough evidence to bust these guys? I would say especially after yesterdays verdict, there can be no trust put into the legal system to serve justice. If they had arrested them, gone through the legal system, racked up millions in legal/prison costs, and at the end of the day, they would be out and about in no time.

Grass Lands

Veteran
no I just don't want cops empowered to be judges and juries

maybe if you read more what i wrote before you made up your mind you'd "get it"

it a bunch of bullshit

the minute they knew had an informant who knew where these guys were they should have taken em down with a swat team

instead they let them roam the streets with firearms and staged a shootout

had these guys shot a cop you think they would have been set up like that?

but they stage 15 violent offenders its all good?

I read your statement...just like the statement saving the junkies of the world....dude its not gonna happen!!!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Dude, where are you reading that they had enough evidence to bust these guys?

to start they had an informant, if he was the ONLY lead they had, how odd is it that he is now dead?

If they had 0 evidence, and they set this up that tells a whole other story.

they suspected them in 15 other crimes, was three NO evidence?
[/quote]

I would say especially after yesterdays verdict, there can be no trust put into the legal system to serve justice. If they had arrested them, gone through the legal system, racked up millions in legal/prison costs, and at the end of the day, they would be out and about in no time.

you are saying its cool for cops to kill people as long as you agree the crimes are offensive

if the criminal system was so ineffective everyone or no one would do time

pot still offends many so when its your turn and someone find what you do offensive its all good to set you up and execute justice there and then?

M

Milhouse

Why would they waste thier time with an informant if they had enough evidence to bust them? I am not saying there was no evidence, i am not saying there wasnt, but having evidence and having enough evidence to convict someone are totally different.

Please dont tell me what I am saying, ok!

What i AM saying is that these dbags were told by police to put their guns down and did not comply. That alone will get you killed. It doesnt matter if someone has a clean record and happens to have their legal firearm on them. A cop tells you to put it down, you do it or you will not like the outcome. Read the article in depth, says they had plenty of surveillance on the bust, caught a possible gunshot from the thieves. Even if they didnt fire a shot, listen to the cops and they would still be here today.

I am NOT saying that I condone all situations where cops play judge, jury, and executioner. They have no right to nor do I think cops are intelligent enough to play all those roles. This situation was a no brainer though. If the thieves hadnt been armed, I would be with you Weird.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
IMHO best case senario? Cops, Rippers and Informant all manage to shoot and kill each other. Win. Win .Win

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
it doesn't mater if they were fucking baby rapists, to keep a proper balance of power only a jury of ones should be given the license to exact justice of this type

if the cops had the resources to draw them to the residence for a sting, they had enough information to apprehend them

wonder if they, in the course of their criminal careers, ever invaded the home of, or injured law enforcement

You must have missed this part...
"Miami-Dade’s heavily armed Special Response Team, which had surrounded the property to arrest the crew, ordered the men to put down their weapons and they refused, Loftus said. At least one gunman may have fired at officers, he said."

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran

Well said Sir!