What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trinity County Murder & Robbery

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I didn't see this posted anywhere. A friend of mine told me about this the other night. Crazy man. Super nice and quiet area, with lots of really good people. Too many strangers and randoms coming around lately up there. A terrible terrible thing to happen to anyone. Below is the link, but the article is quoted. Very Sad. Be very careful everyone and never feel bad about not wanting to meet someone or have someone around. There are dangerous and crazy people out there. My condolences to the Gunds and the families of those killed in the house. There were somethings left out of the story, but it was not pretty and I won't go into it.

http://www.redwoodtimes.com/ci_17682925?source=most_viewed
Victims and suspect identified from Kettenpom incident
Redwood Times
Posted: 03/23/2011 02:55:18 PM PDT

On Sunday, March 13, at approximately 4:45 p.m., the Trinity County Sheriff's Office Dispatch Center received a phone call from Humboldt CHP Dispatch regarding a female subject who had called 911 asking for help.

Due to Kettenpom being such a remote area a responding Trinity County deputy contacted near-by residents James and Norma Gund to obtain information regarding the female who had called the Humboldt CHP Dispatch Center.

A short time later the Trinity County Sheriff's Office Dispatch Center received a 911 call from the Kettenpom Store requesting medical aid for Norma Gund who had been stabbed. A second 911 call was received several minutes later from the Kettenpom Store by James Gund, age 59, stating that he had been stabbed and also needed medical aid.

Medical assistance was dispatched and deputies responding to the Kettenpom area received additional information that there were possibly two additional victims at a residence in the Kettenpom area near the airstrip.

In an interview conducted by detectives with James Gund he stated that he and his wife, Norma Gund, age 49, went to check the residence of victim Kristine Constantino. Norma Gund went up to the residence first.

James Gund heard some commotion coming from the Constantino residence and went to the house to find suspect Tomas Gouverneur, age 32, attacking Norma Gund. Gouverneur attacked Mr. Gund as he entered the residence. Mrs. Gund fled the residence and got into her personal vehicle and drove to the Kettenpom Store.

Mr. Gund was able to take the knife from Gouverneur and left the residence on foot. While Mr. Gund was en route to his residence he observed Gouverneur leave the Constantino residence. Once Mr. Gund reached his residence he drove himself to the Kettenpom Store in his personal vehicle.

Victims James and Norma Gund were transported to Jerold Phelps Community Hospital in Garberville via ambulance. James Gund was released from the hospital on March 14, 2011. Norma Gund was transported to UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, for surgery relating to stab injuries and was listed in stable condition as of Friday, March 18.

Once officers arrived at the residence, two victims, Kristine Constantino, age 33, and Christopher Richardson, age 26, were located in the residence and both were deceased. While detectives, deputies and the California Department of Justice were processing the scene of the Constantino residence they discovered evidence of a marijuana operation.

Information received from victim James Gund indicated that the suspect had fled the area and was possibly driving a teal green vehicle with Oregon plates. This information was relayed to the surrounding counties and CHP.

Some time later members of the Mendocino County Sheriff's Department attempted to stop a vehicle that matched the description of suspect's vehicle. The driver, Tomas Gouverneur, failed to stop and a vehicle pursuit was initiated ending when the vehicle crashed traveling southbound on Highway 101. Gouverneur was pronounced dead at the scene.

On March 16, Trinity County Sheriff's Office detectives and the California Department of Justice traveled to Ukiah to attend the autopsy of Gouverneur. It was preliminarily determined that Gouverneur died of blunt force trauma to the head, however toxicology results are pending.

Later that day Trinity County Sheriff's Office detectives served a search warrant on Gouverneur's vehicle and located evidence linking him to the crime that occurred in Kettenpom. Located in the vehicle was identically packaged marijuana, which was also located at the residence in Kettenpom. The marijuana was packaged for sales. Also located in Gouverneur's vehicle with the bag of marijuana was an undisclosed amount of cash. Other items were found in the suspect's car and on his person. Information regarding these items is not being released due to the ongoing investigation.

An autopsy was performed on March 15, for victims Kristine Constantino and Christopher Richardson. The cause of death for both victims is pending the pathologist's report.

Victim James Gund has identified suspect Gouverneur as the person who stabbed him and his wife, Norma Gund.

The following agencies were involved in the incident: Trinity County Sheriff's Office, Mendocino County Sheriff's Office, Humboldt County Sheriff's Office, Kettenpom Volunteer Fire Department, Southern Trinity Area Rescue (STAR), and the California Department of Justice.

sidebar

Sheriff's Office clarifies details of 911 call

The Trinity County Sheriff's Office released the following information in order to clarify some misrepresentations that have been reported regarding the violent attacks in Kettenpom.

On March 13, a Trinity County Sheriff's Deputy was dispatched to a 911 hang-up in a rural, timbered location in Kettenpom. While en-route to Kettenpom the Sheriff's Deputy obtained and called the cell phone number from which the 911 call had been placed to obtain more information from the caller.

The deputy learned that the number belonged to a Kristine. He was unfamiliar with Kristine and the location she was calling from. The deputy knew the Gunds as members of the Kettenpom community and knew they lived in the area.

The deputy called the Gund house and talked with Norma Gund. He advised Mrs. Gund that he was responding to a 911 call received from a Kristine. He asked Mrs. Gund if she knew a Kristine and where she might live. Mrs. Gund said she knew Kristine and how to get to her residence.

The deputy asked Mrs. Gund if she could see Kristine's residence from a safe distance. He was under the impression that Mrs. Gund could see Kristine's residence from her house. He advised Mrs. Gund not to go to Kristine's residence but to call if she saw any suspicious vehicles or persons of interest coming from the residence. The deputy gave Mrs. Gund a cell phone number to call if she saw anything.

At no time was Mrs. Gund instructed to go to Kristine's residence. Nor would the Trinity County Sheriff's Office ever send a citizen to perform a deputy's job.

Atleast this murder article was worded better than the one with the crowbar. Only a slight mention of the marijuana, wheras the other one had only a slight mention of the murder then talked about the grow. I geuss Trinity cops have a way diffrent outlook, not taking peoples plants while there dying and all.

One Love 731

Veteran
Please be safe out there everybody. This story saddens me on so many levels.

RIP Kristine Constantino, 33, and Christopher "Sky" Richardson, 26
skyrichardsonandkristineconstantinorogueriver2010.jpg

Peace, pot and karma. One Love:ying:

P

puffinpass

This is terrible news...my condolences go out to the families involved. Of course, idiot pigs say this is why mj needs to stay illegal....I say this is why it needs to be legal...it was NOT the mj that caused this...it is the black market and the laws that created this artificially over priced herb, in which many people are willing to kill for. Its pathetic.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
I really don't understand what motivates someone to murder. If your set on robbing someone, why not wait until they aren't home? I've got to assume this guy had mental issues. Karma got him in the end but those two people look so nice and harmless. Such a shame. They look so happy in that picture.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
This is why you need an arsenal if you live far from where cops can respond. It is a bad idea to live in the countryside without some serious firepower.

highonmt

Veteran
Really heartbreaking news, they were so young ; man what a tragedy. It's too bad that god damn son of a bitch got off so easy...a real shame. RIP and a quick recovery to those brave folks that tried to help.
HM

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
SPEECHLESS............how could sombody do that.so sad to hear this is going on so close to me. you MUST HAVE A DOG living so far out there.

RIP.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
What a beautiful picture. They looked like good, standup folks and so young....very tragic indeed. My condolences to the families of the young couple.

At least the guy who did it didn't get away. I'd take some solace in that fact if they were friends of mine.

HB.

Momerath

Holy shit I just realized something...I know that guy! A couple years ago I blazed it with him at my neighbors place. I live in trinity county and remember hearing this in the news, but I had no idea it was Sky. Way cool dude.

Thats a real bummer :(

forty

SPEECHLESS............how could sombody do that.so sad to hear this is going on so close to me. you MUST HAVE A DOG living so far out there. RIP.

the suspect was friends with the victims, not a stranger, so the post about keeping an arsenal of guns and having a guard dog probably wouldn't have done much. it's truly a shame and i'm glad karma served the killer in short order.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
They didn't look like the type to keep an arsenal anyways, true on the instant karma... Wonder if it was intentional.

Fucked up friend who will kill you to rip you off.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn another reason why i would carry concealed 24/7 if i lived in a remote county like this....ive been hearing from a few buddies up north that theres been an influx of outta towners recently, more ghetto looking types. RIP to the couple, they look extremely peaceful.