What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cop busted for stealing weed

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
It must have been good stuff!

http://www.theledger.com/article/20...-Winter-Haven-Police-Officer-His-Career&tc=ar

BARTOW | A former Winter Haven police officer paid a huge price for stealing a marijuana bud.

<style>.art_main_pic { width: 250px; float: left; clear: left;*</style> He lost his career.
Ricardo Flores, 36, accepted a plea deal Friday on charges that he stole a small amount of marijuana seized from a grow house.
He pleaded guilty to misdemeanor possession of cannabis.
As part of a plea deal, he must give up his law enforcement credentials and serve a year of probation.
Chip Thullbery, a spokesman with the State Attorney's Office in Bartow, said the plea agreement was appropriate because Flores must give up his career in law enforcement.
Prosecutors also took into consideration during plea negotiations the small amount of marijuana involved in the case, said Thullbery.
Chief Gary Hester said he was happy that Flores can no longer serve as a law enforcement officer, and the profession is better off without him.
Flores violated a position of trust, and his actions demonstrate a significant character flaw, Hester said.
He said he was he was proud of his officers for doing the right thing by not tolerating the illegal actions of a colleague.
"No one is above the law," Hester said.
Fellow officers accused Flores, a motorcycle officer, of stealing a marijuana bud by hiding it inside his helmet, records show.
The bud was part of a much larger seizure of about 250 marijuana plants from a house near Old Lucerne Park Road.
The plants were hauled to the police station in a city pickup truck. Flores, who was not part of the grow house investigation, was accused of taking the bud from a plant on the parked truck.
Flores was hired in December 2006 and paid $41,309 per year. He resigned after his Jan. 20 arrest.
[ Jason Geary can be reached at jason.geary@theledger.com or 863-802-7536. ]

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Proves that cops are just as "bad" as the rest of us...
Typical shit,
I also love how they say "knowone is above the law", i find that hard to believe.

C

CANNATOPIA

lol How sad lol It would be fair if they took his kids & family & all of his possessions & then locked him up in prison for many years + loosing his job etc.

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
He wasn't part of the grow bust- sounds like he just didn't want to see that shit go to waste. Your stupid if you think there aren't cops who smoke ganja, and it is stupid and wrong for ANYONE under any circumstances to be fucked with for anything involving a small amount of cannabis. In this case I would look at it more as if he was saving the herb that someone sacrificed a lot to grow, rather then theft.

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
lol How sad lol It would be fair if they took his kids & family & all of his possessions & then locked him up in prison for many years + loosing his job etc.

Just like the rest of us,except he should also be thrown in a cell block full of huge black dudes to make him a new prison bitch.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
funny thing is this...

steal a bud... loose your job and go on probation

shoot an innocent civilian... get a time out in the corner, then come back a few weeks later.
:thinking::crazy:

I

idoreallytry

press charges and fire him for stealing a bud lol,,, but just put them on leave if they murder an old man scare the shit out of a lil girl,,and kill one of there own,,,cops fookin suck,,,i cant tell noone is above the law,,,,peace

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
it's like any corporate employee stealing office supplies.
they'd lose their job also, maybe face charges if it was serious.

any first offense would only get probation for a small amount, officer or not. the officer thing most likely helped with sentencing...

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Stupid fucking piggy...they need to charge him with the 250 plants and call it a day. He had no part in the bust yet stole a nuggy...whatever. I hope he enjoyed that 40K dollar nuggy

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just like the rest of us,except he should also be thrown in a cell block full of huge black dudes to make him a new prison bitch.

So the rest of "us" are skinny white kids scared of "huge black dudes" in prison. Hardly not, and what a post :no:
Is that how you feel ?

--------------------------

Just a cop being a cop here, and more cops snitching on him
fsu.gif
:yeahthats

Last edited:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Must have been some good shit, a pothead just can't resist that frosty funk going to waste! :joint:

I feel bad for the dude he probably was pro-pot which is why they don't want him around.

:respect: to him for trying to save a nug! Or maybe he planned to save a clone? :good:

If you think about it, using their logic: THEY STOLE IT ALL TO BEGIN WITH! :canabis:

Slangheat

Must have been some good shit, a pothead just can't resist that frosty funk going to waste! :joint:

I feel bad for the dude he probably was pro-pot which is why they don't want him around. :Respect: to him!

Yea... my initial reaction is "fuckin pig..."

Who knows though - certainly there are military members and even police officer/correctional officers that are on these message boards, love the ganj, and really just made a poor career choice.

Regardless of the badge, it'd be haaaaard to walk away from some sticky stank, especially if it was a crime of oppurtunity.

Good point about his colleagues snitchin him out as well - must be something normal about the guy that they didn't trust... my money says that a nug isn't the only thing gone unnoticed from seizures around there, but who really knows!

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
funny thing is this...

steal a bud... loose your job and go on probation

shoot an innocent civilian... get a time out in the corner, then come back a few weeks later.
:thinking::crazy:
It is how our society perceives violence versus drugs!
:blowbubbles:

Yeah there are cops who smoke, there are even cops who wont arrest you for having buds on you, some wont even confiscate it, not all cops are bad fellas, they are people just as you and I are. The thing is that these cops are spread so few and far between that most of our society never experiences these types of officers. I will say taht as a whole, I hate cops, Ive been screwed over countless times, took to jail many times for weed. I dont like 99.9% of them

The reason why I say all that is because I know this for a fact, I know cops that only enfore laws they find morally correct, like small time pot possession no confiscation no ticket no jail time, .01% over the legal alcohol limit, ect... Its called having good moral judgement, thats what it was like in the 60-70's before my time, instead of arresting a drunk driver they tell them to drive carefully and slowly if they think they are capable of making it home. Now its by the book, one wrong step and its your ass. This is why people hate the police now, if they would allow them to use their human instinct it wouldnt be the people vs. the cops, it would actually work like its meant to.

The way i see it , there are good and bad people from all walks of life. Have meet cops that have let me off cause all i had was herb and not the hard stuff they were after . (good) i have met cops that have stolen 2 oz, then an eight , then a pipe. all claiming prosectition and never even filled a compliant . the stuff was just taken with no record or log of it ever being recieved. just taken .(bad). so it could be either way for this guy i save judgment caus i dont know all the honest factors , most cases in life are this way and life isnt what it always seems.

Latest posts

Latest posts