What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chocolate Diesel smoke report

20370Chocolate-Diesel-sauron_grown08.jpg

20370Chocolate-Diesel-sauron_grown01.jpg

Picked up a few packs of these lil while ago back in the day of cw and cbay. Also got some double blueberry apollo 11 and taipan x siddarthas ghost from the same breeder, santasmoke, and they all have been great.

on to the report:

this pot could be your new lunch buddy. Good break time pot when you need a little picky me up. It will heat up the front of your face and leave your head in a clowdy haze for a few minutes. The haze clears way to a great clear energetic high, you wont have to be asked twice to do things while medicated with this herb. The high peaks for about 5 minutes, and has a wave that comes about 10-20 minutes later and keeps ya pretty lit up for the next few hours. It has the type of high that is clear and social, like the apollo 11 has been. I would compare this to apollo 11 as the pineapple diesel is the cindy 99.. much racier herb in the pineapple and cindy, and a definate mellow euphoria with the choco D and apollo 11. Fun to listen to music on this, easy to focus on it, but at the same time it might be hard to say the alphabet.

Smell and texture is where it is at! break it up and its fantastic aroma hits you in the nose, far stronger than when it was stinking your
room up while in the bag. It reaks to high heaven, and i do mean heavenly smell. Has hints of pineapple or tropical citrus in it, and a very
strong astringent smell that overpowers and stings ya nose.

Taste is like a faint nutty chocolate mouse with all kinds of berries. soaked in astringent diesel fuel funky goodness. As with most diesel
crosses the astringent part sticks to the taste buds on the exhale and remains the mouth for a few mins. Very enjoyable smoke, the hydro
grown is much more fuel flavored while the soil is more citrus berry with the faintest bit of chocolate to it.

The quicker you smoke the bowls, the higher you will get, and the longer the peak will last, if you slowly toke it you get a mild long
lasting buzz that wont get in the way of work. Not much ceiling to it, and I have smoked it for a few months straight with no more tolerance to it than I would with other strains.

Last edited:
Variety/Cultivar name: Chocolate Diesel

Breeder: maphia hybrid labs / santasmoke(hope all is well with ya, been a while!)
Lineage if known: Chocolate Trip x Sour Diesel
Vendor: Cannabisworld/Cbay
Price: $10 a seed

==================================================
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

1. Visual Appeal: 8.5
Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.
comment: Looks delicious, nice and light nugs you can tell the buds want to be broken down from a mile away. Chunky nugs with a great calyx to leaf ratio.

2. Visible Trichomes: 8.5
Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.
comment: large trichome heads that cover every inch of the nugs, inside of them is as frost as the outside, never hit a bag so all the trichs are intact and not squished.

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome
heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for
a more precise report.

Soil Sample:
Clear: 5%
Cloudy: 90%
Amber: 5%
Dark: 0%

Coco Sample:
Clear: 40%
Cloudy: 55%
Amber: 5%
Dark: 0%

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more
detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.
Brown:
Green: 6
Gold:
Blue:
Grey:
White: 4 (milky white trichomes)
Red:
Rust:
Orange: 3 rusty-orange pistil color
Purple:
Black:

5. Bud density: 5
Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are
not in their natural state leave this field blank.
comment: Perfect texture, this the kinda bud I enjoy to break down. I can grab a gram in my fingers and break it down for a joint with two fingers in just a few seconds, personally do not like breaking up dense rock nugs when i need a bowl asap. This stuff has a good calyx to leaf ratio on the inside of the bud, all frost topped fluffy calyx's

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a
subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ]
Berry [ ] Floral [] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ]
Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum/Fuel [6]
Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine-sol [ ]
Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [4]
Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ]
Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ]
Citrus [6] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [2]
Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]
Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

comment: Very unique smell, smells like an astringent cleaner with some fuel and citrus mixed in with it. A very spicy citrus smell that pairs really well with the diesel fuel smell of the bud, definatly gives it a smell of something sour and funky. There is a major component to this that I cant put my finger on, but it must be something to do with the citrus and diesel smells mixing together. smells heavenly, everyone loves this stuff. can stink up a crowded bar in a few seconds if ya crack the jar open.

7. Aroma: 9.5

Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled
bud for best results.
comment: Smells fantastic, sticks to you really well, the hash smoke from it is hard to get off ya clothes.

8. Seed content: 1
comment: no idea how/where this bean came from but outta 5-7oz and only one bean gets chalked up to freak cross pollination. grown this a few times and it throws a banana at the end like trainwreck but it doesnt have time to create a seed, let alone a completely ripe one.

Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information
below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc): PHX bong
Vaporizer (enter the brand name):
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass):
Joint (enter brand of papers):
Other (specify):

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a
nine indicates a very pronounced presence.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [5] Licorice [ ]
Berry [ ] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ]
Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [3]
Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ]
Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ]
Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ]
Chocolate [ ] Hash [3] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ]
Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [3]
Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]
Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

3. Taste: hydro-8; soil-9.5

Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

Comment: has a definate diesel flavor through the samples, the coco tastes like flaky apple pie crust, fruity and buttery/nutty. The soil on the other hand tastes like a blast of fennel, chocolate and mixed berries. oh yeah.

4. State of dryness: 5

Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. smoke ability: 9

Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

Coment: flushed for two weeks on the soil sample and one week on the coco. As long as you dont heavily feed it this strain works just as well without a flush as with a week long flush, but you wont get the white ash and your joints wont burn as clean imo.

6. Smoke expansion: 3

Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.
comment: Easy to hold this one in as it burns smooth, has a strong lung expansion after the exhale though, I dont mind this that much as I dont feel like coughing the smoke out, so its still a pleasurful smoke regardless if it makes ya cough at the end. my ol' iron lungs have no problem overpowerin this stuff.

1. __[3 hits / .5g max]__ Dosage

Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

2. __[6]__ Effect onset

Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. __[8]__ Sativa influence

Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa
influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. __[1]__ Indica influence

Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica
influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing
effect that affects the body.

5. __[8]__ Potency

Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. __[2]__ Duration

Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. __[3]__ Tolerance build up

Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this
field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability

Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day
to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day.
Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [4]
Day - work [10]
Evening - relax
Night - sleep

9. __[8]__ Overall satisfaction

Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10. __[10]__ Ability and conditions
comment: Grown this a few times, and had samples from a few different growers with different cuts than mine and it is just as fantastic, some flavors out there that I have yet to come across in this chocolate diesel.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use?

Yes [X]
No []

comment: its got all the attributes of holy grail, and excels in all categories, however, the stone could be more intense for me. I remember when I first smoked it a few years back it was more intense the first few bowls, but one gets used to it after some time.

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take
care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the
existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns
in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not
be construed as medical advice.

Negative Positive
Effect Effect

__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Appetite
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Anxiety relief
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Paranoia relief
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Sex drive
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Sleep
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Pain relief
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Ability to rest or sit still
__[4]__ __[ ]__ Thought process
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Speech process
__[ ]__ __[4]__ Imagination/creativity
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Humor perception
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Visual perception
__[ ]__ __[8]__ Audio perception
__[ ]__ __[ ]__ Taste perception

FINAL COMMENTS:
Your new lunch buddy. Good break time pot when you need a little picky me up. It will heat up the front of your face and leave your head in a clowdy haze for a few minutes. The haze clears way to a great clear energetic high, you wont have to be asked twice to do things while medicated with this herb. The high peaks for about 5 minutes, and has a wave that comes about 10-20 minutes later and keeps ya pretty lit up for the next few hours. It has the type of high that is clear and social, like the apollo 11 has been. I would compare this to apollo 11 as the pineapple diesel is the cindy 99.. much racier herb in the pineapple and cindy, and a definate mellow euphoria with the choco D and apollo 11. Fun to listen to music on this, easy to focus on it, but at the same time it might be hard to say the alphabet.

Smell and texture is where it is at! break it up and its fantastic aroma hits you in the nose, far stronger than when it was stinking your room up while in the bag. It reaks to high heaven, and i do mean heavenly smell. Has hints of pineapple or tropical citrus in it, and a very strong astringent smell that overpowers and stings ya nose.

Taste is like a faint nutty chocolate mouse with all kinds of berries. soaked in astringent diesel fuel funky goodness. As with most diesel crosses the astringent part sticks to the taste buds on the exhale and remains the mouth for a few mins. Very enjoyable smoke, the hydro grown is much more fuel flavored while the soil is more citrus berry with the faintest bit of chocolate to it.

The quicker you smoke the bowls, the higher you will get, and the longer the peak will last, if you slowly toke it you get a mild long lasting buzz that wont get in the way of work. Not much ceiling to it, and I have smoked it for a few months straight with no more tolerance to it than I would with other strains.

Last edited:
H

Hal

Great report Sauron. Very informative, and fun to read. You and A.N.Other are a couple of treasures here on IC.

JDOG6000

Veteran
Nice report.
I grew some from seed and kept one of em.
Mine is a chocolate Trip phenotype and it is bomb.
The high sounds the same but mine tasted more like an earthy spicey chocolate thai with a diesle background.
I'm growing it again right now because it is some of the strongest sativa I've ever found.
It's the only SD hybrid I really love. As far as the ones I've tryed.
I miss that earthy spicey chocolate thai taste. Plus the high is so strong and uppity but not overwhelmingly up.

bopper

Hi Sauron,

Thanks again for the fine report on the much admired and sorely missed Choco Diesel. :rasta:

We have some packs of the Maphia/santasmoke efforts, namely Raspberry Supreme, Blue Apollo x Apollo and Grape Ape, but none tried so far from seed. Is the Blue Apollo cross the one which you mentioned above?

Thanks for your help. :smile:

Best,

bopper

Hey bopper,

I believe i remember you from back on CW. Good to see you got some of santa's gear, the raspberry sounds like a treat, i enjoyed the grape - very flavorful.

Yes the Blue Apollo cross mentioned above is his double blue apollo. You might find this thread of interest, it was some dwc plants i ran, most genetics were from santa and jojorizo.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=52538

Namely santas double blue apollo, taipan x siddharthas ghost, chocolate diesel, and from jojo the trainwreck s1 and the black berry widow f2.

Glad to see ya still around and growin - stay safe!
-stb

bopper

Thanks for the feedback on santa's line. The referenced grow of santa and jojo stuff is great to see. We're glad that the double blue apollo turned out so well. If santa's Raspberry turns up any beauties, we'll let you know and pass them on as wanted. :cool:

Best,

bopper

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Hey Sauron, good to see ya, nice flowers. It is good to hear of old people and places.
H

skar

nice pictures all around Sauron !

thanks for the smoke report, got some cross with this ChocoDeez in the fridge...need to pop some now ;)

bopper

Hey Haps,

Nice to see you posting. :cool:

We used to love seeing the pictures of beautiful trees which you put up. What became of your efforts to make feminized seed from your favorite lines? Did the old CW info prove useful?

Sorry for the aside Sauron.

Best,

bopper

V

Verde

ahhh cw memories...what's up fellas ;) i only had the cut of choco d that got passed around cw and it rocked, i've been meaning to remake some for quite a while though as i've been running the ct cut a few years now and still have some beans of rez's 1.5's to try and find a good male of cuz the girls from them yielded like a mofo...also wanna try it out with a male from sugenite's og x nl/og...cool thread to dig up i love the chocod :) great report, it's dead on

Last edited:
G

very nice pics, blue background is so nice against the buds.
peace,
MT

Nugz

Just smoked a fatty of organically grown OG x Choco D, log into IC to see this tread up top, nice!

So here is my quick report:

Plant was grown by me from beans from elite genetics, using organics only, fish, bone meal, bokashi, ashes 'n stuff, got a little bad overfert 2nd week into flower but recovered really nice, was left to flower for 10 weeks, trichomes mostly cloudy, dried and cured for 55 days so far.

Bud smells a little funny to me, like detergent, at the same time a little hint of mint or something fresh in there.

Taste is really smooth, yet very present. Can't really describe it, it's a mix of things, but it lingers nice in the palate for a while.

Nice high, relaxing but no burnout with this one. I like it.

Nugz

EDIT: Had to go and roll another and take some more puffs hehehehehe.

Anyways, to better describe the taste, it has a hint of mint chocolate, faintly sweet and notably fresh taste that really lingers on the tongue and a little less in the mouth. This pheno is definitely a keeper.

Here are a couple of pics of her:

20522OG_x_Choco_D_-_2-med.jpg

20522OG_x_Choco_D_-_1-med.JPG

hey bro, I hope you don't mind me jumping in here with my little report. If you don't like it here, I'll delete it. Sorry, was baked and happy to see your report the other night and wanted to share my limited experience with this plant...

Last edited:
I gotta get around to popping these and the GG4 x Chocolate diesel ASAP.

I wonder if the Chocolate diesel hit to the ECSD and AJ's SD would produce decent progeny?

Anyone have any recent experience with these?

Sounds really promising.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Had a pack of seeds of this from CW. A grower by the name of Skitty passed me some.
I don't have them anymore and it is eating me alive.

Grizz

Veteran
this was the very Choc diesel used to make gg4, Sauron has disappeared from icmag but wherever you are, thank you for passing the cut

4 Dragons

Pretty sure GG#4 was made with Chocolate Trip and not Choco D.

I have some Chocolate Trip x Choco D seeds up and about to go into flower. I plan on making some really nice goodies with it if all works out as planned...