Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Microplaning,really??

Thread Title Search
Microplaning,really?? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2017, 12:05 PM #1
NemanHarpoon

NemanHarpoon is on a distinguished road
Microplaning,really??

Hello guys. This is my 2nd time doing bubble hash and this time I tried to microplane some of it. A day later I wanted to roll those trichomes into a ball,but the whole thing just crumbles and looks like it lost all of his oil. Here in the pic you can see(same batch,from left to right)
38-70 micron/ 70-185 micron/ and 38-185 micron,microplaned and tried to make it into one piece.Smells good but looks like crap. What have I done wrong? I just tried to knead in my hands like a dough.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170829_113314.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	425810
NemanHarpoon is offline Quote

Old 08-29-2017, 01:38 PM #2
Pepé The Grower

Pepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to all
Are you telling us you microwaved your hash?

"Flowers everywhere is what he sees, because he is one of Shiva's devotees"
Pepé The Grower is offline Quote

Old 08-29-2017, 02:21 PM #3
iboga

iboga will become famous soon enoughiboga will become famous soon enough
you have done correctly by the sound of your message. Just every plant has its own genetic makeup which is what you will find in your bags.
It all depends what you put in the bags ....
GOLD IN GOLD OUT!!!!!
SHIT IN SHIT OUT!!!!
iboga is offline Quote

Old 08-29-2017, 02:24 PM #4
NemanHarpoon

No,no I didn't do it,I just sifted through a strainer( guess it's called microplaning) and left small crumbles to dry out. And after 24 hours it looked to me pretty dry,so I was trying to knead back to a single piece,but it somehow does not stick to each other and it feels crumbly and dry. While other pieces(shown in the pic) are nice playdoo texture and oily
Maybe I just did something wrong.I was experimenting with faster drying methods. But to be honest,so far the best method for me is to take fresh wet hash out of bag,put it on some sort of tile surface,and keep the fan blowing on it. After 2 hours it already looks moist,but not damp and I just formed it into disc shape and leave it for 24 hours,next day knead it for a little bit and again make disc shape and leave it for another 24 hours,5 days later you can store it in the jar and it won't mold.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:37 PM #5
Pepé The Grower

Pepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to allPepé The Grower is a name known to all
Ok, it was the first time i heard that term. Looked into it, seems microplane is a US brand of kitchen sift/tools.
Better that than you microwaving your hash, sorry to have made such assumption, my bad.

Then Iboga might be right, it could be genetic related. Or maybe you over dried it( seems strange tough). You could try to press it harder and for a longer duration, maybe using some heat.

Did you used the same green for both hash?

"Flowers everywhere is what he sees, because he is one of Shiva's devotees"
Pepé The Grower is offline Quote

Old 08-29-2017, 11:07 PM #6
NemanHarpoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepé The Grower View Post
Ok, it was the first time i heard that term. Looked into it, seems microplane is a US brand of kitchen sift/tools.
Better that than you microwaving your hash, sorry to have made such assumption, my bad.

Then Iboga might be right, it could be genetic related. Or maybe you over dried it( seems strange tough). You could try to press it harder and for a longer duration, maybe using some heat.

Did you used the same green for both hash?
Sorry,I guess I just got lost in translation by using "microplaning" term
But I think it got too dry and became brittle,and yes it is from the same wash from the same material,just the end result is not what I've expected. But oh well,you try and learn.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:56 PM #7
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Probably more contaminate in the third piece. It was your second wash, the 38-185u piece?
Mikell is online now Quote

Old 08-31-2017, 03:15 PM #8
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
I think Chimera said not to use MicroPlanes, as they slice through cell walls, as opposed to pulling apart .. exactly like a leaf

Here people are using vaccum freezer ovens to dry fast and with optimal terpene conservation, drying slowly always seemed to me to be a bad idea.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:27 PM #9
NemanHarpoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
Probably more contaminate in the third piece. It was your second wash, the 38-185u piece?

Aha, yes it was. But I tried to be gentle and not to go wild with the spoon in the bucket

Old 10-11-2017, 07:49 AM #10
mallorian

mallorian is on a distinguished road
any links to one of the freeze dryers? or how to create one? been wanting to try that heard its better results an easier than microplaning
mallorian is offline Quote