What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

DoloDankness

@Fiddy its a blistering one today too, 90F. I'm about to head home after spending time with a friend of mine. Had a nice sesh, took dabs and toked a ton. Me too brother I can feel myself getting antsy to flip, but I have to remind myself patience is key!!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you also have a fat tire bike so the part could be totally different from a similar model
/something like the P#xyz-Fat
but i know you are up to it and im surprised you dont wrench on your bikes more
now you know what to expect from that section and im sure you will master it
thats the fun or riding the same trails, you get to learn their nuances and even come up with ways of getting around them
im looking forward to camping and you are right about the cool air at elevation being nice during the summer
yuo can totally make your own screens to sift hash with
if nothing else get a clean tight weave cloth, put a bunch of weed in it, and then put that into a bucket and give it a few good shakes
im having a great week and its only getting better friend!
lets finish this one off strong!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Thursday! Another week is wrapping up and I'm looking forward to a nice weekend.

@DoloDankness. Our hot weather is over for a few days. It's in the upper 70's today but the high next 3 days is going to be in the 60's and sunny. Good weather for being active out doors.
Your right about patience being a great thing for growing. I never had the patience to grow when I was younger. I still get anxious around the flip, especially when they are new genetics that I don't know how much stretch I'm going to get.

@pop_rock. From what I understand my frame is the same as my brothers bike that has standard 29's on it. Since mine is a mid-fat it's mostly the same as a regular mtn bike where the real fat tire bikes are spicific to fat bike stuff. Maybe I just need to find the right resources for looking up parts. I do plan on doing most of the work on my bikes going forward. It would be a shame for someone with my mechanical aptitude to take it to the kids at the shops to have work done.
I will get dialed in on that section in future rides for sure. No way I'm going down for a third time in the same spot! I really feel that I can get a lot more out of the trails as I get to know the obstacles better.
I will look up some info on making a dry sift set up soon. I've got to give it a try and I've got a few jars of dry trim to use up.
I'm glad your having a great week! Do you have anything exciting planned for the weekend? I'm defenatly getting a ride or two in and might cook up something warm since it's going to be on the cool side.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happeing f'nut
hope you are having a great week; its finally starting to cool off here too and it feels great
im sure you can find a parts list on the bike makers web site
im sure you could do most of the repairs yourself
you probably have all the tools already, except for a few special ones
i bet you could make a pretty nice dry sift set up with things you have around the house
a simple frame with fabric stretched over it would be easy to make
me and the mrs are going for a nice walk this weekend and the girl gave us coupons to a place called jersey mikes sub
me and the boy are going to fix a broken tent pole
other than that its just hanging around the house getting high and eating good food brother
hope you are wrapping up your week nicely and all set for a great weekend!

Fiddynut

happeing f'nut
hope you are having a great week; its finally starting to cool off here too and it feels great
im sure you can find a parts list on the bike makers web site
im sure you could do most of the repairs yourself
you probably have all the tools already, except for a few special ones
i bet you could make a pretty nice dry sift set up with things you have around the house
a simple frame with fabric stretched over it would be easy to make
me and the mrs are going for a nice walk this weekend and the girl gave us coupons to a place called jersey mikes sub
me and the boy are going to fix a broken tent pole
other than that its just hanging around the house getting high and eating good food brother
hope you are wrapping up your week nicely and all set for a great weekend!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
If you haven't been to a jersey mikes I think your going to like it. It's really good for a chain sub shop, probably my favorite. They make everything super fresh, they don't even slice the meat untill after you order. And they make a pretty legit cheese steak too! All the cold subs I've tried there are great as well. What's your favorite sandwich?
Do you have anything interesting on the menu this weekend?
I'm kind of in the mood for Italian so I'm thinking about making a bolognese sauce and doing a pasta dish tomorrow. Maybe I'll even make some spidini. It's going to be on the cool side so some warm comfort food won't be too heavy.
I feel a little wiped out after a couple of busy weeks so I could use some down time this weekend. I will get a ride in but I also want to get some rest. Hanging out and smoking some good ganja sounds like a great plan! I hope you have a great weekend.

DoloDankness

It's beautiful out today, not too hot, isn't windy. Just very enjoyable day outside. Hope you all had the same type of weather! Don't have much planned for this weekend just chill and see what happens next.

@Fiddy The stretch may be scary for most but I kind of love it. Just seeing the explosion of growth within 2 weeks time is insane. I haven't able to really use a space and fill it out properly. Hopefully this time I can do that. That food sounds amazing brother!! Hope it turns out the way you like.

@Pop_rocks Wow okay I never knew that. I'll do some YouTube research on it see what I can find. Thanks for the idea! Theres a few jersey mikes around me as well, heard its good food. Let us know how it is then. Hope you have a nice walk!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the sandwiches sound great man and i cant wait
i like cheese steaks and a good cold cut combo type sub
my mrs loves rubens but says jersey mikes is not the place to go for a good ruben
we will get the two free sandwiches and them another one for us to share
im not sure whats on the menu this weekend
the mrs has some peppers she is going to cook with stuffing and i kind of would like to get a pizza this weekend too
that sauce sounds great and tomatoes are coming in season right now

hope you have a great weekend too doh
let us know what you find out!

DoloDankness

@Pop_rocks I totally forgot I have a mini tumbler my dad won years ago with a micron screen around it. My dumbass has made dry sift before and forgot! Lol. I'll be able to show you guys how it works once I get it out the garage. It's old school as hell, my dad won it years ago on a contest here on Ic I believe. May have been a different forum from back then though.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think ive seen them if its what im thinking of; its called the pollinator or something like that
that was high tech gear back in the day

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope y'all had a nice weekend! My weekend went really quick. Saturday after work I went to a birthday party for my nephew who is in town from Oakland. His parents got sick of working from home and trying to take care of him at the same town so they will work from my moms house and get help watching the kid. It was the first time I've seen any of my family (except my bro) since February. I've been avoiding them because of the virus. It was nice to see my mom and the others again.
Sunday morning I fixed my mountain bike and went for a really nice ride. After replacing the derailleur hanger I had to do some adjusting to get it shifting right. It now shifts better than ever. I spent the afternoon helping my bro put a new air conditioner in his camper.

@DoloDankness. I'm glad your getting nice weather. It's been very pleasant here as well just a tad cold for swimming. The heat will be back here tomorrow says the weather person.
The streach is probably the most exciting time of the grow. It only gets scary when your plants threaten to grow right into your light. I've only had the plants get that tall on one grow but I almost had to abort the grow. I'm sure you'll get that space full soon brother. I just posted on your thread my method on keeping my flower tent packed at all times.
That dry sift tumbler you have sounds interesting. I'd love to see a pic of it and hear about how it works sometime.

@pop_rocks. I hope you enjoyed the sandwiches. I think your lady is right that a good Ruben has to be made at home or in a deli. I like nice thick slices of corned beef and lots of melted cheese on mine. Jersey Mikes slices very thin which is great for cold cuts but wouldn't be my favorite for a good Ruben. Stuffed peppers sound great! I love to stuff bell peppers with ground beef and rice and cook them in the oven or on the smoker. Pizza sounds great too!
My sauce tuned out very good. It was a cool evening and it really hit the spot. I'd love to make a sauce with fresh tomatoes sometime. The season for local tomatoes is short here and I'm too lazy to grow them. When I do get to the farmers market to get tomatoes I usually eat them by the slice or make bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches. The tomatoes we get year round in the grocery store tast like cardboard and arnt with eating.

DoloDankness

@Fiddy glad to hear you had a good weekend with your family!! That's cool you got out for a ride too, I didn't do too much this weekend. Just chilled in the house with my girl while she did her college prep for next year. Im gonna post an update on the grow in a couple days, I wanted to line up the updates so they would be weekly somewhat so I could compare the growth throughout the weeks. I will definitely post pictures of the tumbler when I fish it out of the garage after harvest.

@pop_rocks hope you had a good weekend as well brother! Those stuffed peppers sound great!! I just finished digging my yard up for the veggie garden yesterday. Have too much to remember it all, but we have a real nice variety. From sweet peas to pumpkins!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats great that you were able to fix your bike up and go for a ride fiddy
now you can keep it tuned up yourself and wont need to go to the shop
happy birthday to your nephew! thats great that he can stay with family and im sure it really helps his parents with their schedule
i put a few plants into buckets at my friends house last week
the haze seeds dident do well but i brought him some cherry riders and they are doing great
im talking to some friends about a special drop so we will see if i can get some of those in
i also have a friend close by who i could get cuts off but part of the fun is growing out something new
hope your week is off to a great start! let enjoy this one1

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I had a nice mountain bike ride before work today and I'm feeling great. As long as the weather holds out I'm planning on a an every other day riding schedule. I wish I could ride every day but bumpy trails and a hard tail bike make for a sore ass. In other news the heat is comming back to wisco so my rides will have to be early morning.

@DoloDankness. I'm glad you had a nice chill weekend. I miss my days of hanging out and doing course work and prep. I always told myself that I would continue to take some courses after graduating just to keep my mind fresh but holding down a job and growing take up most of my free time. But the quest for growing knowledge has been a lot like researching something for a paper or something. You have a great plan for doing regular updates in your thread. I use to do weekly updates and it really helped me focus on my progress.

@pop_rocks. I feel pretty good about the work I did on the bike. I've defenatly got a lot to learn about how some of the components work and how to adjust them. The beauty of bikes is how simple they are. The ine thing I won't do myself is true the wheels, that's a pain in the ass and I'd much rather pay for that service.
The nephew had a great party and his parients are really happy to have the help. He got a mountain of presents. He has 3 cousins that are all kids here to play with which he loves.
That's great you have some plants in at your buddies already. I can't wait to see this year's show brother. Cherry rider sounds great. I hope you can find something interesting in that drop with your friends. Bringing cuts in always a risk, even if your buddy runs a super clean grow. I've pretty much given up on the idea of getting elite cuts and I'm just happy pheno hunting. Popping seeds is always interesting and you never know if you will find the next elite. I hope your week is off and running too brother!

DoloDankness

@Fiddy Glad you got out for a ride today, I've got plans this evening to go play basketball with a few friends. Yea I need to get my shit together and figure out what I really want to do with my life. I thought really hard about going into the cannabis industry, and then I did my research. It just seems like people that go in without a large sum of money for their own licenses and things don't have a good experience. Honestly I just don't want cannabis to ever leave a bad taste in my mouth and seeing a lot of big corps doing what they're doing kind of makes me feel that way. Don't know just stoned rambling lol. I'd like to go back to school for a business degree, maybe real estate.

@pop_rocks what's that Cherry Rider cross? My dad had a cross back in the day that was called "Cherry Slyder" but I could've read it wrong. Found a couple nugs of it in his toolbox the one day lol! Didnt have the best taste after being in there but it did the job. Haha.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys! hope everyone is starting their week of a good note

sounds like you really like to play that round ball doh'
its a lot of fun to get out and be active and hope you guys had a great game
the cherry rider is cherry pie x nightrider
i think its one of the newer crosses but i would have to ask p'fan
wonder if cherry slider is a misread, ive heard aof a few strains that sound simular
one of the strains a good friend of mine holds is called slimerOG
/he is pretty much the only one i know who grows it; if you have tried it in socal its prob from his garden
about how long ago was this that you found the bud? was your dad into autos?
the canbiz isnt what its cracked up to be and yuo are right that its a lot of greed heads who run the show
a lot of business owners dont know anything about weed, they are just in it for the money and the ones who know weed often cant handle the back end stuff well
/you cant pay your bills with weed

we will see how this years show grows, i have a few other plants in another location
/with a friend ill call madMax
but its a pain in the ass to get to hos place especially with the covid
i hear you that wheel building is an art form and an exercise in patience
more fun to ding them than repair for sure
thats great that your nephew had good birthday
birthdays are for kids, same with christmas too and there is nothing like the joy they get when they are young

DoloDankness

@pop_rocks I do like gettin out to play basketball. I like the cardio, when I was younger I was on the chubbier side so I hated running lol. Now that I'm a little skinnier I can deal with full court for three or four games. We like to play in the evenings so it's never really too hot. My dad was into autos when he started. Growing lowryder and stuff like that. I could've definitely misread it.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy hump day!

@DD. I hope you had a great time on the court with your buddies! I wouldn't worry too much about what you want to do when you grow up so to speak. That type of thing usually works it self out. As you try diffrent things you will probably find something that you both like and are good at. School helps but life experience and work experience count for a lot too. I've seen people force themselves to get a degree in something that they don't have a lot of interest in because they think it will get them a good job only to hate the job and move on to something else. The trades are another great way to start making a good living right away without having to go to 4 plus years of school first and accumulate all that debt. I say don't sweat it and don't try to force it too much and you'll find the right path. Making a living in the weed biz isn't easy and everything is so fluid that it's a big risk. I know a couple of people in Colorado that have a good thing going. They have their own grows and make a legit living doing what they love. But in most states you have to have deep pockets just to apply for the license. The worst stories I hear are from people who go into partnerships with people and end up either doing all the work or just getting outright screwed out of their share.

@pop_rocks. I'm looking forward to the show for sure! That is great about your madMax location as well. Your not putting all your eggs in one basket I see. Is madMax an experienced grower?
I've never built a wheel and don't intend to. I just don't have the patience and it's way too "arts and crafts" for me. I can take a motor apart and rebuild it or dial in the spring rate and proper weight and fluid level on suspention all day. But I don't even own a spoke wrench. Your right I do like beating the wheels up though.

DoloDankness

Hey Fiddy, thanks yea I did have a good time at the court. Broke my glasses but it was bound to happen with the super glue I had them together with lol. Need to make an appointment with the eye doctor. Thanks for being so encouraging about the career thing. I've been stressing about it lately. Just need to find a job period honestly. Hopefully an opportunity will come my way soon. That's cool you have buddies out in CO that were/are successful. I also hear you out on the other part with needing deep pockets, the license in my state I think was $250,000. I really had a nice opportunity to be an apprentice for an accountant that works in the cannabis industry. I went to school to be an accountant and realized it was not for me, thought I liked it throughout high school and quickly realized my high school accounting was nothing compared to what I need to actually know. Just did not interest me at all. Spending my whole life on Microsoft Excel is not for me lol.

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddy, thanks yea I did have a good time at the court. Broke my glasses but it was bound to happen with the super glue I had them together with lol. Need to make an appointment with the eye doctor. Thanks for being so encouraging about the career thing. I've been stressing about it lately. Just need to find a job period honestly. Hopefully an opportunity will come my way soon. That's cool you have buddies out in CO that were/are successful. I also hear you out on the other part with needing deep pockets, the license in my state I think was $250,000. I really had a nice opportunity to be an apprentice for an accountant that works in the cannabis industry. I went to school to be an accountant and realized it was not for me, thought I liked it throughout high school and quickly realized my high school accounting was nothing compared to what I need to actually know. Just did not interest me at all. Spending my whole life on Microsoft Excel is not for me lol.

Good afternoon DD.
That's unfortunate about your glasses. I've never warn glasses before but my wife does and I know how much they can cost. She seems to need a stronger prescription every year or two so even if she dosent break them she has to pay up.
Just keep your head up and your eyes open and opportunity will be there. I wouldn't say I'm particularly successful from a normal financial view point but I make enough to support having a home and my hobbies and (most importantly) I'm happy with the work I do.
My dad has an accounting degree and work in the field and it's a good job but I'd be board to death. I never liked doing math in school except in chemistry or statistics where I was using it for something practical.