What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Presh filter for 4x4x6 tent.. stinkiest $hit

Erliqin

Hey guys I can't decide the right size Presh carbon filter for my growing tent.

Light: 400 or 600HPS ?

Size: 4x4x6'feet

Fan & Filter combo:

-400 or 550 CFM 6x16" or 6x24" filter?

-315 Hyperfan or 435 CFM Hurricane ?

Thats it, I cant decide the filter size, if 6x16 or 6x24"

and if the hyper or hurricane fan.

I need the strongest overkill oudor control I can get, this after almost getting busted because a Paradise Seeds Wappa big monster pheno and some BioCanna BOOST overfeeding... bust city..

Its peace of mind running the 6x24" big filter with one of those fans for such a tent? help!

CoCoSativas

Hey guys I can't decide the right size Presh carbon filter for my growing tent.

Light: 400 or 600HPS ?

Size: 4x4x6'feet

Fan & Filter combo:

-400 or 550 CFM 6x16" or 6x24" filter?

-315 Hyperfan or 435 CFM Hurricane ?

Thats it, I cant decide the filter size, if 6x16 or 6x24"

and if the hyper or hurricane fan.

I need the strongest overkill oudor control I can get, this after almost getting busted because a Paradise Seeds Wappa big monster pheno and some BioCanna BOOST overfeeding... bust city..

Its peace of mind running the 6x24" big filter with one of those fans for such a tent? help!

Take the 6x24. Hurricane fan.

Oh and i use a 600 in the same size tent. I think a 400 watt lamp is not enough in that size tent

Erliqin

thats perfect !

Take the 6x24. Hurricane fan.

Oh and i use a 600 in the same size tent. I think a 400 watt lamp is not enough in that size tent

thats it. Gonna go 6x24 550CFM + hurricane 435CFM
then I will get a 600HPS.

It would be too noisy? thats another thing I have to consider.
With that setup, fan should run at full or.. maybe I can lower to 40% with the fan controller?

filter inside or outside? its huge lol.

Thanks !

CoCoSativas

I have a can 33 hooked up to a 4" s&p in an appartment. You should be fine

thats perfect !
thats it. Gonna go 6x24 550CFM + hurricane 435CFM
then I will get a 600HPS.

It would be too noisy? thats another thing I have to consider.
With that setup, fan should run at full or.. maybe I can lower to 40% with the fan controller?

filter inside or outside? its huge lol.

Thanks !

Granger2

Veteran
While the smaller filter may do the job, the larger one will give you peace of mind and will do the job for longer. More carbon. Good luck. -granger

CoCoSativas

Iam kinda noob for those terms, whats a can 33 and a 4" s&p???

Can 33 is one size smallet than a can 50. I own both but the 50 is packed atm. You can look them up on the can filter website. My 50 weighs about 55 pounds. The 33 is a fair abount smaller. Its better for the tent, my 50 would break the tent.

The 4" s&p is a four inch necked inline fan. I cant remember the cfm right now.

My cn 33 is located in the pic, top left side behind the cooltube

CoCoSativas

While the smaller filter may do the job, the larger one will give you peace of mind and will do the job for longer. More carbon. Good luck. -granger

You are leaving out a key aspect of your hvac man.

You must match the cfm on the larger filter to a larger fan. You should also calculate if your cfm is enough, too little or overkill.

Honestly that hurricane would be running to much cfm for that tent, in my oppinion so he can choose, maybe smaller filteer and fan, or go with the bigger one and slow down the fan.

Those filters have a cfm that you must be whithin range of. Mines minimum 100, max 200 i think. I gave the box to a buddy with some clones in it so i dont remember. I know my fans like 140 cfm and thats enough in my tent, so its up to you.

Higher fan speed and cfm equals more noise. There are duct mufflers but just get the right sized fan and flow for the tent

CoCoSativas

The fans he's considering will work for a 6x24. -granger

Im glad you checked that, however it would be wise to relay that info to him. He has let us kbow hes kind of a newbie, so why not teach him why you pick the stuff you pick...

Not trying to be hard, you are being helpful, i just think its important to inform guys how to pick gear so they dont have to post a thread everytime they need a new piece of gear

Erliqin

Im glad you checked that, however it would be wise to relay that info to him. He has let us kbow hes kind of a newbie, so why not teach him why you pick the stuff you pick...

Not trying to be hard, you are being helpful, i just think its important to inform guys how to pick gear so they dont have to post a thread everytime they need a new piece of gear

This is very informative thx!

I still can't decide, maybe because I'am not used to grow in tents, only on small balcony, 2 plants and thats it, but.. I had a very serious issue with a Wappa and Biocanna's Boost and feeding line.

The smell went to ... lets say... you know, the one that traspases walls, doors, windows, climbs higher to other floors, and can be smelled from 20 meters easily, the kind of skunk penetrating smell that will set you high only with after couple hours with it nearby.

This from a single plant omg.

ok lets go back to topic:

what Iam understanding is that

The tent could be too small for such high CFM in order to operate succesfully that big bad boy of 6x24".

lets say that 550CFM 6x24 filter, has a minimum CFM to operate and kill oudor, anything below that limit will not be enough right?

What are the min. CFM rating for one of those 6x24 work ok?

I can go with smaller setup, it will save me $$$ wich is something very important now.
only if it will be 100% reliable on the oudor control:

those 550 CFM combos

http://growershouse.com/hurricane-6-435-cfm-inline-fan-phresh-carbon-filter-combo-package

or this

http://growershouse.com/active-air-6-400-cfm-inline-fan-phresh-550-cfm-carbon-filter-combo-package/

or, maybe more pro and on the "smaller side" 400CFM filter:

http://growershouse.com/vortex-s-line-6-347-cfm-fan-phresh-400-carbon-filter-package

or

http://growershouse.com/hyper-fan-6-315-cfm-phresh-400-carbon-filter-package

the tent is a 4x4x6 at the most.

CoCoSativas

Ok let me put this into perspective for you right now. Im using a 140 cfm fan in my tent with a can 33, and i have no smell leak. I have a 4x4 mammoth tent.

Yeah you can get a big ass filter, but do you need it? I dont... Im fine with what i got... My setup ran me about 250 before flexie duct

Any of those choices would be acceptable. The hyper fan is good i know that... If its me tho id take the quietest.

Erliqin

Ok let me put this into perspective for you right now. Im using a 140 cfm fan in my tent with a can 33, and i have no smell leak. I have a 4x4 mammoth tent.

Yeah you can get a big ass filter, but do you need it? I dont... Im fine with what i got... My setup ran me about 250 before flexie duct

Any of those choices would be acceptable. The hyper fan is good i know that... If its me tho id take the quietest.

thx I think I will setup on the 400CFM size filter, the 6x16 with better silent fan.

Sorry for all the questions, the thing is I dunno how efficient those Phresh or can filters are.

I think overkill because I dunno the efficiency of good filter, and what I read here on the forums.

I was thinking the "too much CFM for small tent" thing too, but didn't know that a "smaller" 400CFM quality filter will cover at least 4 stinky ass plants, like the ones from Luc does wich I stick to the most.

CoCoSativas

thx I think I will setup on the 400CFM size filter, the 6x16 with better silent fan.

Sorry for all the questions, the thing is I dunno how efficient those Phresh or can filters are.

I think overkill because I dunno the efficiency of good filter, and what I read here on the forums.

I was thinking the "too much CFM for small tent" thing too, but didn't know that a "smaller" 400CFM quality filter will cover at least 4 stinky ass plants, like the ones from Luc does wich I stick to the most.

Yeah like i say i use a small setup.

Oh and can filters are excellent. I cant speak to the phresh cause i never tried em, but they are aussie and most aussie stuff is good shit. Smart folks they are... Adjust a wing...

Yeah its common to have the overkill idea for odour but not required. My ex had a can 150 for a bathroom grow. Get real its one square meter for god sakes, i have a can 5o for a whole 12x12 square foot grow... Ive used can 50 for a whole basement...

My can 33 eats the stank off my super lemon haze, which jest reeks... Its a small filter but highly effective.

Btw growers house has very good prices. Bellow market retail price always far as ive seen

Erliqin

Sorry for all the questions, it must be because I dunno how efficient those Phresh or can filters are.

I think overkill because dont know the efficiency of good filter, and what I read here on the forums.

I was thinking the "too much CFM for small tent" thing too, but didn't know that a "smaller" 400CFM quality filter will cover at least 4 stinky ass plants.

Erliqin

thx. that sounds good stuff. I wanna take the most out of the tent, gonna go with a phresh 400 and a the hyper.

I like your setup in the pic. Thats a bulb vent setup?

For running a 600HPS in a 4x4 tent is needed the cool tube setup? how much thosr cost?

CoCoSativas

thx. that sounds good stuff. I wanna take the most out of the tent, gonna go with a phresh 400 and a the hyper.

I like your setup in the pic. Thats a bulb vent setup?

For running a 600HPS in a 4x4 tent is needed the cool tube setup? how much thosr cost?

Yeah im venting that shit man.

I couldn't tell you the price. I just buy it. I think that tube was 50, the can duct (insulated ducting) was 25 for the lights duct, 200 for the gavita ballast, 120 for the hortilux bulb 50 for the axial fan, 15 for the ratchet hangers...

The hvac/filter stuff was 150 for the can 33, 125 for the sp fan, 45 for duct for the filter

Tent was 300 i think...

I grow in coco. I use grow bags, they are soft plastic bags that are like normal bags but are like a normal container when full. Holes on tye bottom, yada ya. They are less than a dollar each, usually 25 cebts canadian each... 10% the average cost for hard containers. The coco is about 15 bucks for 15 gals. Its cheap.

I use general hydroponics flora. 100 bucks for a gal of each. Im also using protekt silica from dynagrow (70 per gal i guess) and floralicious plus, 25 bucks for the 8 oz bottle.

My shops not cheap but not that bad either.

Coco growing is cheaper and way better yielding than dirt. I love it

Erliqin

thx thats perfect..

covo is like soil?

over here Canna Coco is available. These are good?
I heard they habe bugs or pests.

Latest posts

Latest posts