What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dropped off the face of the earth for 8 months and than shows up

Can't say too much about this unfortunately, but I personally know someone who had pretty much dropped off the face of the earth last January and than has suddenly reappeared without explanation.

During this 8 month period his phone went unanswered, his house looked unlived in, other forms of communication were not being used, etc. I am a friend, or rather acquaintance of this person but the people who were closer to him said that he was in mexico, or spain etc (different story depending on the person).

Now this person has returned, and his story is that he spent the the past 8 months in Europe. Since his return he has been hanging around more than usual, and has been popping in unexpectedly much more than he ever previously did, much to my dismay.

Now his friends are still sticking to the story that he was out of the country but there are several things that do no add up.

1) He basically disappeared. No prior indication of a trip was given anywhere.

2) In this day and age of cell phones and the ability to connect to the internet almost anywhere in the world, an 8 month absence without any form of communication at all is really inexcusable.

3) Most telling of is the various explanations as to his whereabouts given by friends and family members during his absence, all of which were different.

This person does not know I grow, he only knows that I always had good weed when he was around, but since his return and out of character behavior of coming around more frequently I have refused to light up around him (at least in my home), claiming that I have not been able to get any weed.

I think I am playing it safe until more details emerge about his absence...Other people much closer to him (family members mostly) keep telling me I need to chill out.

What say you Icmaggers??

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Ask him to see photos from his trip.

Wouldn't he have snitched on you and not gone to jail at all?

Fuck him you do not owe him any favors, and disconnect from his entire circle.

Time for *you* to drop off the face of the earth for a year, you social butterfly you

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Sounds like he may have been in the JOINT not smoking a joint. Steer clear or you may get screwed.

O

OrganicOzarks

I can't believe that no one has pointed out the obvious. He clearly was abducted by aliens, and anally probed. His strange behavior is a sign of the PTSD that he has now because of being probed. PTSD can be treated with cannabis, but your ass never goes back to the way it was before.:)

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
All joke aside you need to always be careful if you have something to hide or that can get you into trouble legally. You have to always be aware of everything.

qupee

could be rehab

8 months is a long time to be disappeared in treatment.

Caution is well advised. But if he already did time, there probably isn't much danger of a narc. That tends to happen before they go to jail.

Maybe he got his 3rd DUI or something and had to sit in county (oh god 8 months in county is like 3 years in prison ugh).

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No brainer here. I don't give a F**K where he said he was, the thing is you're getting conflicting reports from all over the place, especially from him. Not only that, the circumstances of disappearance/reappearance is enough for me not to even open the door. He only hangs around you for the "fire", trust me. Hell no, don't light up, and I bet you a mortgage payment that he stops coming around - UNLESS he doesnt have anywhere to live. One member said "shoot him in the face"(had to give him K+ on that one:biglaugh:). Anything short of that would do, though.
My thoughts are he/she was incarcerated. If he wants to catch a buzz, then I'd trash the rehab thought. Trust me, he's only an "acquaintance" - at best. A REAL friend would have told you the truth - even BEFORE disappearing. And another thing, I'd keep an eye out on the MF's who's telling you to "chill out". I'm questioning ANYBODY who dissappears for a period of time, then suprisingly appears.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Arrest records are Public-- Not too hard to find out if he was arrested for anything in that time period--:tiphat:

Trust your gut sounds like trouble just don't blaze when he's around. If he keeps showing up without calling start answering the door in a towel and bitch that he didn't call first. If he keeps coming around try to find the nastiest swag ya can (haven't seen that stuff in a long while if ya can even still find it) tell him that's all ya can find after weeks of trying so u decided that ya can't smoke anymore cause the weed sucks and your just burnt out.

Also don't trust arrest records cops have gotten sneaky sometimes they will pop somone and never put it in the system. Hoping to turn them working them for months with no official record of being arrested so don't. Just rely on arrest records best of luck bro