What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hammerhead Genetics - White Larry F2 x Amber Cookies

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
:tiphat:

Coming to you live from the nest will be a test grow of Hammerheads cross of white larry f2 x amber cookies. Parental wise amber cookies is easy, as its orange cookies x cherry cookies(unsure which is the dad though in that). if the digging Ive done is correct, white larry is a worked line of the white x larry og by smf (please correct me if Im wrong). as of right now I don't plan on keeping any of the males in case the cross goes unreleased, and the entire pack was germed out instead of the usual 8 with the rest saved as disaster back ups. had perfect 12/12 germination, but lost one to dampening off right away and then two others to a humidity issue I didn't catch in time, leaving the dirty nine. the initial plan was to test these under a new led setup as a test run of that as well, but its safe to say Im not an electrician or engineer for a reason. like all musicians say, the show must go on :biggrin: medium will be the same I always used, a modified LC soilless mix, nutes will be the tried and true GH 3 part, watering however will mimic a hydro setup as they'll be bottom fed in a flooded tray.

one male has already shown itself, hopefully hes the only one and there isn't a bunch hiding in the rest. individual pics to come later today, and anyone else testing this for HH feel free to add in anything helpful.

:peacock:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
here they are in all their glory, a through i. I think d is the lone male so far.

a,b,and c

Attachments

• WLACa.jpg
    WLACa.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 30
  • WLACb.jpg
    WLACb.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 27
  • WLACc.jpg
    WLACc.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 32

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
and g, h, and i

Attachments

• WLACi.jpg
    WLACi.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 31
  • WLACh.jpg
    WLACh.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 29
  • WLACg.jpg
    WLACg.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 27

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
end of week 1, a, b, and c(female)...

Attachments

• WLACa1.jpg
    WLACa1.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 30
  • WLACb1.jpg
    WLACb1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 33
  • WLACc1.jpg
    WLACc1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 31

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
d, e, and f....

Attachments

• WLACf1.jpg
    WLACf1.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 37
  • WLACe1.jpg
    WLACe1.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 32
  • WLACd1.jpg
    WLACd1.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 31

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
g, h(female), and i(female)

Attachments

• WLACg1.jpg
    WLACg1.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 32
  • WLACh1.jpg
    WLACh1.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 32
  • WLACi1.jpg
    WLACi1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 34

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
a slight lockout/issue started up right at the end of the first week, not sure why, hoping to rectify the problem immediately, otherwise nothing but smooth sailing with this cross so far.

:tiphat:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
quick bumpdate, d's stamens starting opening and dumping pollen already so he got the axe, while g has show to be female, bringing the number to 4 females 4 unknowns. whatever lockout started has gotten worse so Im going to try flushing and repotting into a new mix to see if that solves the issue. Ive never had this happen before reusing my LC mix, but Im sure the screw up is more on my end somewhere then within the genetics.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
so, as Ive posted been dealing with a weird lockout issue all of week 2 and 3 of flower. noticed this morning the light was on when it shouldn't be, looked at the timer, saw it had just turned out. just checked it again, when it clearly should be off, on still, with the damn timer still in the same fucking place! I guessing it broke right after week one and would of went unnoticed. it explains no more showing of sex etc. dunno if anyplace is still open tonight but a new timer is coming asap.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
with the timer fix it appears all has changed and on the upswing for the better. while the upcoming pics would be week four of flower, im guessing with the two weeks of 24/0 they reverted and are starting over again. final sexes are:
a-male
b-male
c-female
d-male-already axed
e-male
f-male
g-female
h-female
i-female
so almost 50/50. hoping something special comes out of the final four. :tiphat:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
in all their glory, before males were removed pics....

wlac a

Attachments

• CSC_0393.jpg
    CSC_0393.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 30
  • CSC_0392.jpg
    CSC_0392.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 32
  • CSC_0391.jpg
    CSC_0391.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts