What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What gives outdoor grown that taste and smell ?

troutman

Seed Whore
Have any of you grown the same strain indoors and out?
I did and the outdoor plants smelled a lot stronger and nicer.
Still trying to figure it out the variables that were involved.
Must be something hiding outdoors that did it.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I did and the outdoor plants smelled a lot stronger and nicer.
Still trying to figure it out the variables that were involved.
Must be something hiding outdoors that did it.

no but I grew with living soil, bottles and hydro, the same cuts I had been running close to 20 years now

I get the same difference indoors that is described in "proper" outdoor

posted the science in this thread

green404

What podcast was Ed in?

I found it.- Kyle Kushman interviews the Guru of Ganja Ed Rosenthal- Indoor vs. Outdoor Growing Debate

I haven't heavily analyzed the water I've used but it can become important. I use regular tap water which is fairly good where I live. I know the county adds stuff to the water I'd like to avoid but the plants don't mind it so I live with it.

For hydro I let "city" water sit with an airstone in it for 12-24 hours to evaporate some chlorine.

In the desert areas of the Rocky mtns there is usually very hard water. Just to drink water in some places I would let it sit in a bucket for 24 hours a lot of the minerals will settle to the bottom and you can pour the water away from them. I helps a lot..

In Denver if you go out into the desert the water gets hard.. When I go to the airport DIA and take a drink of water it is so hard it coats my teeth with minerals and tastes like garbage.

yeah, it has never been a good comparison. My outdoor environment has never been that great, it is ether been too cold or not full sunlight. So the indoor stuff will rock under 12/12 80deg and the outdoor stuff,, will be outdoor stuff.

Personally I would not ever mess with indoor if I lived in a warmer climate.

Latest posts

Latest posts