What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really dissapointed in Gavita

Chaghatai

So I got some Gavita lights for my latest growroom - a detached garage converted to a grow shop

I submitted my information to get a lighting plan and was very pleased to get a reply that they would do the plan for me and referred it to their design team

However they are VERY backed up and so far, over 40 days later I have gotten no response - I have updated my ticket with a request for some kind of status and have been ignored

This is terrible service, even for a free service - it's one thing to offer a valuable service for free - it's another to have really poor service while doing it

So just posting this to let people know that if they want a lighting plan from Gavita, it may not be forthcoming or if it is, can take well over a month - in fact I don't know how long given that my ticket is still active - very disappointed because I thought they were the coolest

Chaghatai

thanks, I really don't want to come off as unappreciative about what is a free value added service, I really do appreciate the offer - but long turnaround times with no updates is frustrating - if they are overloaded (likely due in some part to changes to US laws creating many more large grows) - at least they should give updated SLAs

Super Chill

Have you grown with de lights before? Great results if used properly. Just go easy and keep them high, super vigilant during stretch phase and you should be fine. I scrog the canopy out to at least 6 ft Square and keep them 3 feet above it. As far as customer service goes that has to be super frustrating and management should at the very least send you an apology and notify anyone attempting to use that service about the wait time. You have a good point about the state laws and their popularity in the market, but come on, oh no our product is too popular, we're too busy and making too much money to be responsible and make sure we do a professional job! That right there is an unforced error, either hire more people or don't offer the service. I don't mean to judge either and I don't know anyting about the service or for how long it's been offered, but your company has taken off in the last few years and that's your bright marketing idea, offer a free service to customers that probably would have bought your lights anyway and then ignore them as if to say, we have your money now haha sucker. I'm sure that's not how they mean to come across, but any intelligent business person should automatically no that's how people will feel. So all you're doing is pissing off your customers ensuring they will not by your product the next time they upgrade. But who cares right, when do indoor Growers ever upgrade their equipment especially ballast hoods and bulbs haha

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I feel its important people see this when they open this thread!

Made with Gavita 3 lb+,last run,from clones that are only 10 days vegged,
strains are Silver Haze elite cut,Amnesia Haze elite cut,Fake GG#4,
16 plants in organic soil,organic setup,runned Gavita on 1150W except last two weeks
go dimmed.

Main thing was in defoliation,that was raise mine yield in amazing way,

lot more buds i got than before when i didnt defoliate.

Last edited:

Super Chill

I will personally testify that they do produce over 3 lb per light consistently. With a better failure rate then other digital ballast I've owned. I'm not at all saying anything negative about their product, on the contrary, my problem is with poor business decisions. Their product may even be good enough to stay Atop The Market for a while despite alienating new customers instead of building loyal ones. His could be an isolated incident, they may realize their mistake and apologize, but to this point... Like I said an unforced error

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
I can do the layout for you. I use the same philips lighting tool they use...I would be happy to help. I'll send you a pm

Wow how you do that????
Wish it was that easy bud nope all those sites do not have it in they all go through sunlight and sunlight has 120v cords either. So I got some info on this subject and asshole Gavita did not make enough 120v cords thinking this light was gonna be used in more commercial apps so they have tons of 240 and 277 hard wire cords but instead people doing regular house 120v grows bought them all up and gavita did not produce enough cords. So at the moment I have a 1400$ light just sitting in box while my plants already started flowering SMFH. So gotta wait till gavita makes more cords April 19th is earliest I heard so far

Also is there anyone out there experiencing the same b.s. out here with there new gavita 1650e led light? I'm sure it's a high quality light just disappointed w gavitas business model. As this is my first led I hope I get the 3lbs a light theory

Dog Star

Veteran
Gavita lights are pretty impressive tool if you know how to use it..

you need just to tune self and to get proper good yielding cuts and then you will rock..

If you cant grow with Gavitas then no other brand of lights will help you... usually
underperformance depends on grower if lights are technically correct and new..

N

nordie

about to check price out, we use 240 so should be ok. pretty poor to send you light though and no bloody cord.

Dog Star

Veteran
about to check price out, we use 240 so should be ok. pretty poor to send you light though and no bloody cord.

That is technical mistake... also somebody could pull it in shop to
use it as reserve if he haves same fixture.. its weird people talk
bad on Gavita cause i didnt sees much complain on them..

mine rate will be A+++ type of fixture,no matter HPS or this
new LED 1650ml,am growing with DE 1000 but will love to
try those new LED..

am only sorry they are only selled in US,its weird cause i tought
that Gavita is EU company but we dont have them here..

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
$1400.00 for a single 5 x 5 canopy 25 square feet

$1400.00 for a single 5 x 5 canopy 25 square feet

anyone else think that's a bit pricey? you could cover a one hundred square foot 10 x 10 grow with HPS for that price...

G

GatorGumbo

Honestly, I'd just go with Quantums or make my own strips. 3lbs a light is possible with any light given enough PAR, that's why people normally index their yields against wattage used. It's a more relevant meter in my opinion.

If they are getting 3lbs from a single E270 LED (270w actual), then that's about five times what any other light could do on its best day ever. Not swallowing that myself, to the point of basically thinking they would never say that themselves about that product specifically. If they have another LED lamp, I missed it.

Even with a 1000w, 3lbs is 1.36g a watt. I can believe that if the stars aligned for every single crop, with CO2, and a mega strain. If that 1000w is yielding 3 lbs, then the 270w actual wattage LED is congruently yielding 1.28lbs total, which is normal IMO.

Get quantums, you'll grow more or at least as much per dollar the entire time. LEDs don't really need cooling hoods and all kinds of HID/MH creature comforts, I don't bother paying for those features myself.

I'm not concerned with my growing skills I'm concerned with gavita selling people these expensive lights and they don't have a power cord so you can use the thing and the fact i cant get any answers from them at all pretty much give me the run around so yea that's not A+++ or whatever you give them cuz r now there getting a F-------- from me