What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
We present ACE Seeds' first 100% autoflowering strain: Auto Malawi x Northern Lights.

http://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/automalawinlfem.html

Sativa/indica hybrid of excellent vigor and structure, producing a huge main cola and powerful side branches loaded with well resinous buds, its production and quality will surprise even the most experienced autoflowering growers.

The first version of this hybrid produces 3 main phenotypes. The first more indica phenotype matures in just 8 weeks since the flowering is started, producing an average yield. The second phenotype (the most interesting in our opinion) produces potent sativa/indica plants (with a flowering of about 9 weeks and a half), of huge yield, very complex terpene profiles, abundant resin production and excellent flower/leaf ratio. The third and final phenotype develops in flowering an almost pure sativa expression (so it usually needs about 10-12 weeks of flowering), allowing the autoflowering growers to experience with very sativa african phenotypes, quite rare in current autoflowering strains.

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights is more influenced by Purple Malawi phenotypes than other Malawi crosses, oftenly showing beautiful purple and pink tones at the end of flowering.

The terpene profiles are fragrant and complex. The aromas in flowering can vary between Petit Suisse and strawberry yogurt (in the more sativa Purple Malawi phenotypes), and fruit juice (pineapple, pear, peach) in the better yielding green sativa/indica phenotypes. The most extreme sativa phenotypes have woodier aromas and a longer flowering time.

As usual with autoflowering strains, Auto Malawi x Northern Lights starts to flower after 4 or 5 weeks from germination, regardless of the indoor photoperiod or outdoor season, allowing it to mature properly in latitudes far from the equator where the photodependent strains start to bloom too late to mature correctly.

It can also be cultivated in mid-latitude climates,finishing in summer time when it is started in spring, months ahead of the usual autumn harvest of the photodependent strains.

Excellent adaptability to indoor growing, where it can be flowered and harvested next to the mothers with a growing photoperiod, and thus to be able to obtain a harvest without having to prepare another growing area with different photoperiods, as it happens with the photodependent strains.

Type: F3 AUTOFLOWERING POLYHYBRID
Format: Feminized
Sativa/Indica ratio: 50 % sativa / 50 % indica
THC: 15 %
CBD: Below 1 %
Flowering indoors: 8-12 weeks
Flowering outdoors: 8-12 weeks
Yield: High
Resistance against spider mites: Average-High
Resistance against powder mildew: High
Resistance against botrytis: Average-High
Resistance against white fly: Average-High
Resistance against cold: Average
Resistance against heat: High
Latitude: 0º-55º

Genetics: Old Killer Malawi x auto flowering Northern Lights. F3 polyhybrid.

Structure: Vigorous sativa/indica plants of excellent structure, with a huge main cola and strong lateral branching.

Bouquet: Aromas of strawberry yogurt and fruit juice (pineapple, pear, peach), some plants are woodier. Sweet, resinous and floral flavor, like cereals with honey.

High: It has 3 well differentiated phases: it begins with a sensorial, mentally lucid effect, that increases the thoughts; then it becomes more dense and dreamy, finishing with a pleasant, narcotic and relaxed effect.

Growing Tips: Since Auto Malawi x Northern Lights starts the flowering after 4 or 5 weeks of life, it is important to maximize the growth as much as possible using from the beginning pots of at least 7 liters for indoor growing, and pots of about 15-20 liters for outdoor growing.

The indica and sativa/indica phenotypes require average/high nutrient levels, while the more extreme sativa phenotypes require a soft feeding.

The colas of the very high yielding sativa/indica phenotypes usually require support in late flowering due to the huge volume and weight they reach at the end of flowering.

Attachments

• Auto Malawi NL6 whole2.jpg
    Auto Malawi NL6 whole2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Auto Malawi NL6 colas.jpg
    Auto Malawi NL6 colas.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Auto Malawi NL3 whole.jpg
    Auto Malawi NL3 whole.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Auto Malawi NL4 whole.jpg
    Auto Malawi NL4 whole.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 253
  • Auto Malawi NL3 cola3.jpg
    Auto Malawi NL3 cola3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 233
  • Auto Malawi NL1 bud.jpg
    Auto Malawi NL1 bud.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Auto Malawi NL4 bud.jpg
    Auto Malawi NL4 bud.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Auto Malawi NL4 bud2.jpg
    Auto Malawi NL4 bud2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 216

ULMW

Excellent news!!! Congrats Ace team!!! Will look into getting some of these for sure.

Dr.King

Veteran
The Ace team is on top of their gear. Gonna take over the auto flowering business. This and auto CBG lined up in sea of green on racks outside would be pure bliss. If you racked these strains on top of each other you could yield a lot. Solid genetic autos, I can't wait. Thanks again Dubi.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice, now nothing about auto's, what hours do they grow/flower on

Hi kickarse,

As described in the description, Auto Malawi x Northern Lights starts to flower after 4 or 5 weeks from germination, regardless of the indoor photoperiod or outdoor season.

N

not real geroi

Maybe notice for Beginners: cant expect exactly Flowering And growing Times it depends on direct sun And temperature Also...plant cant be mature to Flower after month in shadow or dark :)

Thank you
Why Did you choose auto nl?

gr8fulguitr

I like to run autos indoors to during the summer. I am not a big auto fan but have run Auto CBG and was happy with it.

I am wondering why Northern lights as well?

Shooters

Sweet!! This just might be the ticket! I wanted something that I could harvest between now and my usual harvest of Sep/Oct. I ordered up a 10 pack of these along with a 5 pack of PCKxKali China! Thanks for the "Sticky" heads up Dubi!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I believe it said auto Malawi,, not auto NL

Welcome hanky3,

As the title of the thread says, our first auto flowering strain is called Auto Malawi x Northern Lights, it's an autoflowering Malawi x indica hybrid, that's why it was not released as Auto Malawi, this could be a bit of misleading.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I believe it said auto Malawi,, not auto NL

I like to run autos indoors to during the summer. I am not a big auto fan but have run Auto CBG and was happy with it.

I am wondering why Northern lights as well?

Hi,

We decided to use an Auto Northern Lights to cross it with Malawi because we have been reproducing the auto Northern Lights for many years and we knew the line quite well so it was quite natural for us to do this cross. We also have had good experience crossing sativas with NL, NL doesn't dominate so much when it is crossed with sativas, like it happens with other more afghani lines.

I will explain in more detail the breeding of Auto Malawi x Northern Lights in my next post.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Auto Malawi x Northern Lights breeding details

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights breeding details

Since 2011 one of our breeders has been reproducing an interesting Auto Northern Lights line, this auto line has been refined and reproduced for many generations in regular and feminized format. The Auto NL produces very small plants of 1 single cola with almost no branching, of aprox half meter size. Super fast flowering, it finishes in aprox 9-10 weeks from germination, producing sweet creamy aromas and resins, with a pleasant narcotic indica effect.

In 2014, we were working on a Malawi fem reproduction and our Old Killer Malawi mother was reversed. A few Auto NL females were pollinated by the Old Killer Malawi reversed. The Auto NL x Old Killer Malawi F1 fem hybrid produced strong, vigorous and high yielding sativa/indica plants as one can expect when crossing Malawi with a stabilized indica. This F1 fem generation did not autoflower, as the autoflowering trait is recessive. The F1 was grown and tested, and a few selected F1 plants were reversed to pollinate other sister F1 females producing a F2 fem generation of the hybrid.

25 % of the F2 generation was autoflowering, the autoflowering trait is recessive but it can be fixed following simple mendelian ratios. The 75 % of the F2 plants were photodependent and were discarded to work only with the 100 % autoflowering plants. A very resinous, short sized and fast flowering F2 autoflowering sativa female was selected and reversed to pollinate other very high yielding, resinous and aromatic F2 sativa/indica autoflowering females, to finally produce the 100 % autoflowering F3 generation that has been released as Auto Malawi x Northern Lights.

ULMW

Since 2011 one of our breeders has been reproducing an interesting Auto Northern Lights line, this auto line has been refined and reproduced for many generations in regular and feminized format. The Auto NL produces very small plants of 1 single cola with almost no branching, of aprox half meter size. Super fast flowering, it finishes in aprox 9-10 weeks from germination, producing sweet creamy aromas and resins, with a pleasant narcotic indica effect.

In 2014, we were working on a Malawi fem reproduction and our Old Killer Malawi mother was reversed. A few Auto NL females were pollinated by the Old Killer Malawi reversed. The Auto NL x Old Killer Malawi F1 fem hybrid produced strong, vigorous and high yielding sativa/indica plants as one can expect when crossing Malawi with a stabilized indica. This F1 fem generation did not autoflower, as the autoflowering trait is recessive. The F1 was grown and tested, and a few selected F1 plants were reversed to pollinate other sister F1 females producing a F2 fem generation of the hybrid.

25 % of the F2 generation was autoflowering, the autoflowering trait is recessive but it can be fixed following simple mendelian ratios. The 75 % of the F2 plants were photodependent and were discarded to work only with the 100 % autoflowering plants. A very resinous, short sized and fast flowering F2 autoflowering sativa female was selected and reversed to pollinate other very high yielding, resinous and aromatic F2 sativa/indica autoflowering females, to finally produce the 100 % autoflowering F3 generation that has been released as Auto Malawi x Northern Lights.

That is dedication and a great account of what it takes to pass the grade. I am inspired to grow them when I next order. Alteady delighted with the Ace seeds I germinated this week on the 11th. I even got so happy I had to pop a Violeta standard to join the freshly germinated others. Ace is the place

Sasaki

Great news for every Sativa fan who lives in places with tough climate!

Dubi, I have a few questions for you:
I have some experience growing Malawi indoors and i wonder which height can I expect from this auto grown outdoors with only 5-6 hours of direct light per day.

Also i would like to know if the high can be compared to de high of a "real" Malawi in terms of psychoactivity or the NL auto genetic has wiped out it.

This could be the best auto ever!

Thanks
PD: sorry but English is not my first language

Latest posts

Latest posts