What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best vape to minimize waste?

Jaqen H'gar

My best bet is cause its 600 bucks!

Its the clear king of the ring... If you want the best save your duckets and go for The Volcano... The pax is the only other vape I have seen that doesn't scorch the herb similar to the volcano... Granted it has been a few years since I have been into vaping flower.. I like oil now personally

You should probably research the current market before giving advice.

The volcano is regarded as a bit of a dinosaur these days, its not recomended very often at all, dont get me wrong its a great vape, its just that in almost every possible use scenario there are better (and cheaper) options. If you were really into the idea of bags the volcano is the right vape but hardly anyone does bags these days (if your not in a group setting its just so wasteful!).

been running my Volcano classic daily for 10 years. excellent build quality, minimal maintainance. cleaning/changing bag about once a month (iso!), new mesh screen every 1-2 years, one rubber ring (blue) needs replacing after about 3 years.
aside from that it just runs and runs and runs.
when i made the switch from bong to vape i halved the amount of weed i needed while improving the high significantly.

if my volcano broke beyond repair i would immediately buy another one.

If you are ever looking for a second vape have a look at the e-nano. You will likely cut down half again with an e-nano vs a volcano.

earthwyrms

i just wanted to repost, because my post got lost on the last page,
Elipse Esential Vape, through bong
dh gate bongs
the eclipse vape comes with water pipe adaptors, 14 and 19 mm ground glass joint
it really helps cool the vapor and allow good rips, that don't bother the lings

check out my post on the last page, at the bottom

MrBungle

You should probably research the current market before giving advice.

The volcano is regarded as a bit of a dinosaur these days, its not recomended very often at all

if you read my original post I recommended the Pax....

I still think the volcano is the king.... its price point is the only thing that makes it not practical.. there are add ons if you choose to not use the turkey bags...... I like purely vaporized flower if I'm vaping, not scorched half vaped half smoked shit.... which is what that nano produces all day long.. spend some money do your lungs a favor and completely vape, not half smoke/vape

earthwyrms

with the eclipse, you can pure vape, through a bong, and if you want, crisp it all the way. but the point is, you have full control. the art of fire :)
EDIT: IT'S THE H2O, i forgot, the most important part, it's called the eclipse vape h2o
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eclipse-Vape-H2O-Choose-from-12-colors-Includes-case-/281348497342
$32.99 for the case, all the stuff. you just need a bong, unless you wanna smoke the hot vapor through the regular mouthpiece (14 and 19mm glass on glass adaptors also included) no waste, you can even burn it if you want. you can get an awesome bong on dh gate and still come in way under the price of any vaporizer on the market, more healthy and more effective. i even iso extracted my partly burned carbonized bud for hash, albeit gritty lol, and i can put that right back through the vial and the water pipe percolators (and i did, and have about one to two hits left).

Last edited:

Jaqen H'gar

if you read my original post I recommended the Pax....

i read it, pax is also a very old vape that isnt recomended by anyone anymore, even the pax3 is getting mostly poor reviews. you would be better off with arizer air or any number of other portables if you want a portable. :)

ive used the nano nightly for nearly two years and havent scorched or smoked my weed once. if you have used one and scorched your weed youre doing it wrong mate.

superx

Veteran
Pax 3 receiving poor reviews? maybe read all the reviews...

I like to dig quite deep when it comes to research, (old habits die hard, especially before i hand over lots of money before making a purchase, i believe most do)

So after watching countless you tube videos, speaking to previous owners and past owners of the older pax and joining up with fuckcombustion the feed back was excellent (actually it was better than excellent) for the pax3...

Maybe you have a touch of vaporiser snobbery.

Last edited:

Old Toker

Appreciate all the suggestions.:tiphat: Evidently different vapes engender tremendous loyalty from their owners/users. Not surprising considering what they do for us.
BTW - still researching......haven't purchased anything yet. In the mean time I made a pound of cannabutter and a couple dozen cookies. So I am at least giving my lungs a much deserved rest.

Max Headroom

Veteran
If you were really into the idea of bags the volcano is the right vape but hardly anyone does bags these days (if your not in a group setting its just so wasteful!).

bags are wasteful? how so?

i prefer bags by far over whip style vapes. the taste of the first bag is unbeatable - with whips the flavor is usually gone after a couple of drags.

Jaqen H'gar

Pax 3 receiving poor reviews? maybe read all the reviews...

Maybe you have a touch of vaporiser snobbery.

I dont think i do tbh, i own several vapes that i would also give negative advice for. (i hate the firewood 3 for example and everyone else loves it, i also have a grasshoper and would never recomend it despite it being great at what it does it has too many negatives).

Every piece of advice on the pax 1 2 and 3 ive read from someone who owns more than one vape is that the pax vapes are sub standard compared to the other vape.

The pax 3 thread on FC has 14 pages at 6 months old. Sticky brick junior thread is one month older and has 42 pages. The arizer solo 2 thread has 8 pages in 2 months and its not even out yet. That says enough for me.

Appreciate all the suggestions.
tiphat.gif
Evidently different vapes engender tremendous loyalty from their owners/users. Not surprising considering what they do for us.
BTW - still researching......haven't purchased anything yet. In the mean time I made a pound of cannabutter and a couple dozen cookies. So I am at least giving my lungs a much deserved rest.

You'll find most threads most people recomend the only vape they own so most advice is to be taken with a pinch of salt and even when people own various vapes its very subjective.

Id suggest having a read of some threads on fuckcombustion and take note of the people who own tonnes of vapes to get a better idea of what is "best".

bags are wasteful? how so?

i prefer bags by far over whip style vapes. the taste of the first bag is unbeatable - with whips the flavor is usually gone after a couple of drags.

From my own personal experience they just use lots of weed compared to other vapes. I can get as high from 2 e-nano bowls or 2 arizer solo or air bowls as i can from a bag on an arizer extreme q or volcano using about a quarter of the weed the bags would use. The title of the the thread is 'Best vape to minimize waste?'.

Last edited:

Old Toker

Id suggest having a read of some threads on fuckcombustion and take note of the people who own tonnes of vapes to get a better idea of what is "best".
Thanks Jaqen H'gar! :tiphat:
Found and read a ton of vape reviews/opinions on IC Mag. Tried the search function for "fuckcombustion"....but didn't get any results.

Beginning to think selecting a vape is like finding a wife. You need to try on quite a few to make sure they "fit". :tiphat:

MrBungle

When vaping flowers there is no waste.... with a good vape you can make edibles with the left overs... that is if the weed doesn't get scorched

angelgoob

I recommend the pulsar apx. it was 60 dollars you can't go wrong with a starter vape like that. Although it doesn't get me like smoke does. Thirdly, just put like .1g in it and vape that. Then smoke a half joint. It saves about 25% weed that way.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
been running my Volcano classic daily for 10 years. excellent build quality, minimal maintainance. cleaning/changing bag about once a month (iso!), new mesh screen every 1-2 years, one rubber ring (blue) needs replacing after about 3 years.
aside from that it just runs and runs and runs.
when i made the switch from bong to vape i halved the amount of weed i needed while improving the high significantly.

if my volcano broke beyond repair i would immediately buy another one.

totally agree ,,i was considering get a spare volcano when i bought mine but the reliabilty and construction haven't let me down ,,they're so reliable its a joke ,,i went on holiday for a week forgot to switch it off came home to a ready warmed volcano ,,loaded it up and got stoned :biggrin:

what waste ?

Old Toker

Thanks everyone!:tiphat:
Is it possible to use a small amount of product in a Volcano? Seems as though (while well built) the chamber is rather large. Maybe not....seeing as I've never actually used one I'm just going by pictures.

Max Headroom

Veteran
Thanks everyone!:tiphat:
Is it possible to use a small amount of product in a Volcano? Seems as though (while well built) the chamber is rather large. Maybe not....seeing as I've never actually used one I'm just going by pictures.

on the classic i fill the chamber just so the screen is covered with weed (maybe to the thickness of a coin) and i get 3-4 (large) bags from that. don't fill the chamber full - that's way way way too much.
you can just use a small speck and only fill 1 bag. you can also make the bags as big or small as you like (not on the "easy valve" version as the bags and the mouthpiece are ready-made and disposable. the chamber on the easy valve is also much wider IIRC from my visits to amsterdam. i recommend the "solid valve")

hazyfontazy

Veteran
on the classic i fill the chamber just so the screen is covered with weed (maybe to the thickness of a coin) and i get 3-4 (large) bags from that. don't fill the chamber full - that's way way way too much.
you can just use a small speck and only fill 1 bag. you can also make the bags as big or small as you like (not on the "easy valve" version as the bags and the mouthpiece are ready-made and disposable. the chamber on the easy valve is also much wider IIRC from my visits to amsterdam. i recommend the "solid valve")

i just fill mine up so i guarantee the bags are full to bursting ,,1 full bowl usually gives 7-8 very cloudy bags depending on strain and temp:tiphat: