What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gavitas, Og's and rockwool

Legal medical grow, Gavitas set at 1K. 4" rockwool stacked on hugos. Closed system with c02. botanicare and advanced make up most the nutes. all fan leaves are stripped week one and week four of flowering. questions are welcome
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
Very nice!

Have you ever not stripped some plants to see if the stripped ones out yield the unstripped?

Peace

The room looks awesome.

How many plants/sqft?

I'm assuming these are clones, correct?

How tall are they when you start flowering? and finish?

Thanks everyone.

So the total number of strains on deck usually runs at about 25. Everything is in clone form. The cuts of OG we have range from sfv, larry, master P, skywalker to a few others. some of the cuts of og are very old.

Jones, yes we have tried not stripping and stripping at different times. because we pack our canopy so heavily we really see a difference in flower site development and overall yield when they receive direct light. Also,the stripping aids in air movement and pm prevention.

Basement, Yes, clones. 9 to 12 plants per light. and height wise usually we try and put them in the bloom room at anywhere from a foot tall to 3 foot, finish at 2 to 5ft. The room never stops being on a 12/12 cycle with no down time. So if they are smaller, we pack more in to properly fill the canopy.

meison, never have checked yeild per plant. Though we usually hang around 2 per light.

Hello High Grade....Thank you for sharing....have a few questions about your set up with the gavitas...How high up did you mount your fixtures from the floor..?...and...did you increase your light coverage compared to a normal 1K..(4'X4' vs 5'X5'...etc..)

Looking forward to more posts..!!

JV

jointventure, the lights are on ratchets and not mounted at a specific height. We have seen that they need to be much higher than normal HPS lamps from canopy level. sometimes up to three feet away. as far as horizontal spacing, they are under four feet apart. not saying that is necessary, but it is working for us.

david, yes. more often if the lights aren't raised properly lots of light bleaching occurs. not heat burn, but full on bleaching.

BadRabbit

Thanks for sharing this ... I'm going to test that fan trimming cycle out on a plant - I've been growing hydro/rockwool for a long while and I must admit it surprises me - but your photos are a good argument. I'll try some side by side comparisons a bit and see ...

I understand there are valid arguments against defoliating plants. It works for us. Though, i believe it works for us because we are packing the canopy so tight, if we didnt strip leaves we see a severe underdevelopment of flower sites. So i dont think you can see the overall result from just one plant compared to another. Its more about an application of pruning practices on a larger scale than just one plant if that makes sense,

Frankly i'd prefer not to have to spend all the time stripping leaves, time wise it's a minimum of 20 minutes per light twice a harvest.... that adds up quick.

BadRabbit

I understand there are valid arguments against defoliating plants. It works for us. Though, i believe it works for us because we are packing the canopy so tight, if we didnt strip leaves we see a severe underdevelopment of flower sites. So i dont think you can see the overall result from just one plant compared to another. Its more about an application of pruning practices on a larger scale than just one plant if that makes sense,

Makes sense - Maybe I'll test it "in a portion of the grow table" rather than "a plant". Do one half in my usual fashion (just tucking fans when they block a bud site) and the other half defoliated.

Using matched clones, perhaps I'll see a difference.

But thanks High Grade, even us old dogs can new tricks.

RulaTone

Veteran
nice room HGO
whats difference between hugos and regular grodan rockwool cubes?

if i see correctly you dont use drippers? how you water them?