What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about additives

RJE231

I'm growing using the Canna Coco line, specifically;

Canna A+B
Calmag
Canna Boost
Canna RHIZOTONIC - early stages
Canna PK 13/14

I've read a lot of great things about GH Floralicious Plus & Armor Si as additives as well. I'm pretty sure the Silica is fine to add but I'm curious about the GH Floralicious Plus, specifically if it's adding something my above products doesn't already? I don't want to add it in my regime if one of my other additives is already basically doing the same thing.

Thanks!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I use floralicious+ at about .5ml/gallon. Only when I first mix the flowering res though, no additions during the run later. Stuff adds a floralicious+ flavor to flowers at higher concentrations. Silica is good, but be sure to keep it low and prevent brittle branches.

My recommendation for magnesium will always be epsom salt, and calcium should be it's own product. Cal/mag has extra nitrogen and sodium usually, along with never being the right ratio for balancing nutes. If you need calcium, add calcium. If you need magnesium, add magnesium. Throwing nitrogen, salt, calcium and some magnesium at your plants is not the brightest thing to do.

Never used rhizo or PK, but I'm not in coco either. I'm a base NPK/Micros kind of guy, with a touch of fulvic. ;)

Canna Coco A+B has been my fertilizer of choice for years now and I can tell you, do not worry too much about additives. In my experience, booster products don't increase yield much/at all and don't keep up to their other promises (like Canna Boost, which is claimed to improve taste). Similar applies to other additive products for root stimulation etc. The basic Canna fertilizer series are pretty complete already and some big players in the business recently told me that for years already they are only using Canna Hydro A+B for their mother plants without any sign of lack.

Latest posts

Latest posts