What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buddah Watcha's 90W of Love!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Quick update, they do grow fast! Been watering around 500ml a day to each plant. They seem to enjoy! Yesterday I fed some aloe vera and malted barley, I also added around 100 worms to each pot to keep the magic flowing smoothly!

picture.php

Besides that not much progress on the cab lately... Hopefully this weekend!

Peace! BW :tiphat:

wumpyc

Good vibes the sensimilla looking fruity hooked me up a boost for my happy seedlings 96W CFL give jah bless
Peace buddha

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Whats up broders and sisters!

Some updates for yall!

Was able to do an upgrade on the cab! Installed the fan/scrubber, new led cob lights, running at 32W each for a total of 64W. I might have to bump that a bit more. Thinking of maybe even doubling the wattage, since I have an extra driver sitting around!

Heres what it looks like:

picture.php

picture.php

Also started training the ladies a bit. Most of the Apollo 11s have great structure and branching already. The More Cowbells just now are starting to put out some lower branches out. Training should speed that process up, also help keep a short and full canopy, which allows the plant to eat more light and produce fatter nugs!!

picture.php

I'm pretty happy on how the cabinet came out. The scrubber is a bit loud, so I'm gonna work on a sound box for it and reduce that noise!

Any suggestions on how to improve please feel free to suggest!

Peace, bW! :tiphat:

grouchy

Could you move the driver outside the cabinet? Unless it's for stealth purposes there is no reason to keep it in there generating heat. Other than that it looks great.
Did you ever find the 100k potentiometer? I picked mine up at radioshack. Running both drivers will give you that extra punch for sure.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey grouchy! Yes I could move them outside, i might do it, since they seem to be putting most heat out. I ordered the resistor and the potentiometer a few days ago, still havent received, but once I do i'll try to hook both drivers and put more juice on those cobs!

I also followed Dion's suggestion and lowered the cobs to around 15cm above the plants!

Thanks for the suggestions broda! Much appreciated! :tiphat:

grouchy

If you are planning on using two drivers you will need two 100k potentiometers or you could use one 50k for running both.

15cm height sounds good

you could also place the drivers next to/below the pots, it will keep the roots at a steady temp, if needed

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Let the show begin! Day 0 12/12!

picture.php

Hoping to end up with at least 2 females per container! I trained a bit more some of them with velcro, to get them lower branches to compete with main cola!

Everything going smooth so far! Lets hope things stay that way! :)

Peace bW! :tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
ReikoX, thanks broda! Can't wait either! Hopefully we have some fast finishers, A11 should be a fast flowering strain, I hope we find a quick winner!

wumpyc, thanks homie! getting hot indeed!

So first of all, I am very impressed with the Cree Cobs. They sure put out some light! Plants seem to love it. Today I lifted the cob's around 5cm. Plants are starting the stretch period. Lots of branching coming out. I was considering in running the cobs a bit harder but I think I decided this run I'll leave it like that and see what kind of yields I can pull out of this setup! 1 zip per light would be my goal!

I've been training and tucking leaves everyday, I also been keeping the velcros going to keep a short and spread canopy! pulling the top colas toward the sides and the secondary branches towards the middle.

Some phenos have more branching the others. More cowbell seems to not like branching out too much. Apollo's 11, for the most part very branchy! Only 1 or 2 plants kept a more robust structure.

Here we are at day 3. Things are starting to get interesting. Still no preflowers, but another few days we should be able to tell a few boys and girls!

Things are crowded now, but after the males are gone they should have more space.

picture.php

I'm selecting a male from each strain and doing some pollen chucking! Most likely pollinate a branch of each female!

After this run is done, I'm most likely going to reveg the best ones and give a 2nd run of their money.

But first we need some buds! :) Hopefully soon!

Peace BW :tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Oh and if you pay close attention, in the back towards the middle you see a 1.5L bottle with a baby seedling in it! That is one of my outdoor crosses that I'm testing, it will go 12/12 from seed along the other ladies! It's a CJxSB, a very nice pheno, early, very plump calyxes with good smell taste and high, that got crossed with a random male. We'll see how it comes out!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Whats up brothers and sisters. Today we finished week 1 of flowering, aka day 07. Things started stretching and its getting crowded in there!

It seems like we are going to have at least 2 boys on the Apollo 11 side. Not 100% confirmed but most likely, saw some balls popping out the past day! I will keep a close eye on those, and if confirmed males, they will be heavily defoliated and cut every secondary branch, only leaving the main cola growing till its about to burst pollen, thats when i'll chop them and transfer it to a cup of water inside of a bucket and let it pollen drop so I can make some seeds with the best females later on!

Plants are growing great, I watered a bit with aloe vera and neem meal this week, also did a foliar feed with a bit of kelp!

More Cowbell have such a sexy structure, all of these I feel are very GSC dominant, they all sport the 4 fingered leaf on the first node of secondary branches, I think its very pretty. They all have fat ass leaves that acts like a umbrella to most of the secondaries. Everyday or so I tuck all the fan leaves in order to open some light to lower branches so they can compete with top cola! That way we get uniform sized nugs! These plants been very stinky since week 1! It looks like there are some winners in this pack for sure! Their stalks are fat and juicy, bigger than a pencil size already! Even the fan leaf stalks are fat as fuck!

I also been using velcro to pull the main colas down to keep a short and full canopy and promote secondary branches! Seems to be working.

Some of the Apollo 11's have awesome branching. Lots and lots of secondaries, some even taller than main cola. Stems are a bit skinnier than the More Cowbells. The smell is starting to come out on those. There are also some plants that look like winners in the bunch! Looking forward to seeing some flowers in the next week or so!

Anyways, enough talk, lets see some pictures!

Lights on:
picture.php

Lights off:
picture.php

Apollo 11's:
picture.php

More Cowbell:
picture.php

Closeup on the MC, such a pretty plant!
picture.php

Peace homies!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cab is looking great! Getting really crowded in there. Looking forward to seeing it blow up with buds!
How are you using velcro to tie down the tops?

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Cab is looking great! Getting really crowded in there. Looking forward to seeing it blow up with buds!
How are you using velcro to tie down the tops?

Hey broda, thanks man :) The velcros work great with smart pots, they attach right into them. I usually do a loop around the branches and then pull it down and velcro to the fabric pots! Easy peazy! I use the green velcros that you find at the gardening part of home depot, they are not as strong as regular velcro, but enough to get the job done. I'll try to snap a pic of it when lights come on!

Peace broda!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
blynx, this is how I do the LST with the Velcros!

picture.php

A loop around the stalk, and the pull and velcro to the fabric pots!

Hope that helps broda! Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
So it seems like A3, A4 & A5 are males. Looks like I have 1 confirmed female on the Apollo side. I already picked one male apart, tore all the lower branches and fan leafs and used to mulch the pot, only left the main cola to collect pollen when its about to burst!

More Cowbell seems to be a little slower showing the genitals, looks like a nice MC will be a male, which is sad, its the one which I took a closeup on the last pic update! However, pollen will be saved! Couldn't tell the other ones just yet!!

Peace BW!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Its officially a party in here! We have a 1 confirmed lady on the Apollo 11 side and 3 males.

picture.php

On the More Cowbell side, we only have 1 confirmed male:

picture.php

Peace! :tiphat: