What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green House Seeds Reviews?

T

thesloppy

I've grown about half of Nirvana's stable as well, and have enjoyed a lot of their offerings (White Castle is a great strain I always recommend), but they're at pretty much the exact same price point as GHS. Believe it or not, there's these places that actually sells both of their seeds, and lists the prices, where it's possible to actually compare their prices.

There are plenty of REAL criteria for which GHS can be criticized, why not stick to that stuff, rather than repeatedly delving into fantasy, or secondhand criticism you read 6 months ago? Lots of GHS criticism is valid. Lots of it is years old, flat out misinformation, that could be fact checked in a matter of seconds, using the internet that we are all necessarily on right now, but instead misinformation is repeated and passed on....usually with a reference to how GHS is trying to fuck you over. "GHS seeds will shrink your balls...Arjan doesn't care about you." Howsabout, before telling me who does and doesn't care about me and/or my money, y'all get your facts straight, because that would show real respect for the crumpled dollars in my pocket. Passing on crap info doesn't help anyone, regardless of what you think your motives are.

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Ditto the above. The hype against GHS is just that, hype. Good, cheap female seeds
I thought everything on the internet was true? :laughing:

Seeds stores and banks are in it for the money, but where would most folks be w/o them? Even good ones will have lemons or bad apples. No matter how good the strain or QC is, it's still can be like a box of chocolates. Some bad reviews I take w/a grain of salt. It's the volume and percentage of good reviews that count.

Green House seeds isn't at the top of my list though.

A

Alfred

Greenhouse seeds may have some good seeds, but they seem to be aimed at the much larger but less knowledgeable buyer market.

I'm not meaning to be positive or negative for them.

Experienced or Connoisseur growers generally look elsewhere.
(I'm not regarding myself experienced or connoisseur either)

:)

eastbeast

Greenhouse seeds may have some good seeds, but they seem to be aimed at the much larger but less knowledgeable buyer market.

This is true.

The first seeds that i ever purchased were from greenhouse and nirvana.
Greenhouse seems to be aiming @ the newer/inexperienced grower demographic almost exclusively these days, and why not?
There's 100 companies selling 10 packs for around $75 or more, but only a handful at their greenhouse's price-point.
There's less competition and the seeds perform as expected for the price, so i don't let myself get as angry as i used to about arjan and his business practices. It's just a shame since Greenhouse used to be a respected company and one of the innovators of the industry.

Now if he were selling his knock-offs for $100 a pack like some other "breeders", that would bother me.

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
I'm not meaning to be positive or negative for them.
Experienced or Connoisseur growers generally look elsewhere.
(I'm not regarding myself experienced or connoisseur either)
:)
Word ! Where do you see top growers that breed or have a headstash from GHS ?

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
meh, its just like buying clothes... some people will only wear something that has a poncy label on in.
hype / percieved "coolness" sells for more £$.
the emperor wears no clothes.

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Mr. Nice, Chimera, Tom Hill, Ace are some of the best seedbanks out there IMO, and they aren't expensive at all...
Quality speaks for itself...
Peace, HJ.

The Revolution

Veteran
One of the more intelligent GHS debates ive seen. Thanks all for holding it down. A lot of good points made by all. GHS is a company. At the end of the day, there goal is to make money. Cant Hate a co. for that. We all know of his supposed shady business practices, but he will go down as one of the most brilliant businessmen in my book.

Unequalibrium

Funny, GHS Bubba is NOT real bubba kush. Doesn't look, grow, or smell like it. It's also well known in the proper circles, that Apothecary does NOT have the legit Chem, but a Sour Diesel knockoff. And the GHS Trainwreck isn't even close to the real cut. Watered down garbage. You are the one passing bad info.

Those three strains have been long accepted as exactly what they say they are. The Bubba Kush and Chemdog are both from a joint project with Apothecary Genetics, and several reputable folks have confirmed that their Traniwreck is genuine.

Believing/not checking bad information is certainly your 'right', but passing it on is irresponsible.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Funny, GHS Bubba is NOT real bubba kush. Doesn't look, grow, or smell like it. It's also well known in the proper circles, that Apothecary does NOT have the legit Chem, but a Sour Diesel knockoff. And the GHS Trainwreck isn't even close to the real cut.

Hit the nail on the head there. Because of this there are gonna be a shit ton of growers running around with ghs bubba...swearing its bubba kush,and likewise with the TW. That is bad business. I have no problems with them making money. But to make a strain and call it "bubba,or chem or TW" for the sake of a dollar is NOT GOOD! I suppose I should call my suburban a Mercedes and slap a benz emblem on the front....call shit what it is..not what it looks like! Also,the whole beef mr.nice vs ghs is getting old. But gotdamn, it is obvious who has the real deal there. Who is releasing shit in REG form. Who`s SSH is it you read about in EVERY magazine(shanti`s)
not ghs. The ability to only push fem genetics is also a sad sad decision on their part. YES,fem seeds are gr8 for what they are..fem seeds. For people who have no time for males...well some of us do have time/space for males. To make f2 and own that strain for life is priceless...especially with the cost of seeds these days. It is quite obvious ghs is very rich already and they have no interest in public demand..they push fem beans only and MAKE you buy the strain again if you want it...afterall,clones only last so long. They do lose vigor over time they do become more prone to diseases and pests as the clone gets tired...so eventually you buy the seeds again..and again. =(

T

thesloppy

Funny, GHS Bubba is NOT real bubba kush. Doesn't look, grow, or smell like it. It's also well known in the proper circles, that Apothecary does NOT have the legit Chem, but a Sour Diesel knockoff. And the GHS Trainwreck isn't even close to the real cut. Watered down garbage. You are the one passing bad info.

It's "well know in proper circles" that Apothecary makes the ridiculous claim that their Chemdog is one of the parents of Sour Diesel, GHS listed those genetics in their catalog, and everybody got their panties in a bunch about that claim. That you are mis-repeating that tired argument as gospel, shows exactly what "proper circles" you run in: this board, about 6 months ago.

Did you know the underlined words in the post you responded to are a link? Not only that, they link to a first person report from Rezdog confirming that GHS have Bubba, Chem, and Trainwreck. Are you going to tell me that your 'circle' have more experience growing those particular strains than Rezdog? Are you saying Rezdog wouldn't recognize those plants, or do you think he's lying? If you've got better evidence I'd love to hear it, but just repeating year-old hearsay does not make it true. I dunno how you can fault a first person report, from a widely respected breeder of the strains in question, saying he saw and smoked those exact plants, with Arjan. On the other hand, if you're asking me to disbelieve a first hand report from Rezdog, on the basis of some vague reference to the circle of a dude with a single post.....well, you're asking a lot.

....or did you just not bother reading my link, before providing your superior information? Here it is again, just in case:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2269168&postcount=84

T

thesloppy

Hit the nail on the head there. Because of this there are gonna be a shit ton of growers running around with ghs bubba...swearing its bubba kush,and likewise with the TW. That is bad business. I have no problems with them making money. But to make a strain and call it "bubba,or chem or TW" for the sake of a dollar is NOT GOOD! I suppose I should call my suburban a Mercedes and slap a benz emblem on the front....call shit what it is..not what it looks like! Also,the whole beef mr.nice vs ghs is getting old. But gotdamn, it is obvious who has the real deal there. Who is releasing shit in REG form. Who`s SSH is it you read about in EVERY magazine(shanti`s)
not ghs. The ability to only push fem genetics is also a sad sad decision on their part. YES,fem seeds are gr8 for what they are..fem seeds. For people who have no time for males...well some of us do have time/space for males. To make f2 and own that strain for life is priceless...especially with the cost of seeds these days. It is quite obvious ghs is very rich already and they have no interest in public demand..they push fem beans only and MAKE you buy the strain again if you want it...afterall,clones only last so long. They do lose vigor over time they do become more prone to diseases and pests as the clone gets tired...so eventually you buy the seeds again..and again. =(

Sigh. You can buy GHS SSH regular seeds from several sources at this very moment.

I'll say it again: there are plenty of REAL things to criticize GHS for, before we start crucifying them over our imagination. I would take the criticism of GHS a lot more seriously if the passioned pleas against them weren't usually based on wrong information that could be so easily checked, and/or done in the name of some imaginary newbie who is going to somehow bring about the apocalypse using GHS seeds.

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
If you've got better evidence I'd love to hear it

34h98qt.jpg

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
In that post Rezdog clearly wrote that he can confirm that GHS have at least the Trainwreck and Bubba Kush cuts and that he smoked some with Arjan at lunch. But that doesn't mean a thing, who the hell can confirm that the released seeds are S1 of them ? If they are, they sure did a crappy job...
Anyway, to each their own... I know that I'm not gonna buy anything from them.
Peace, HJ.

T

thesloppy

In that post Rezdog clearly wrote that he can confirm that GHS have at least the Trainwreck and Bubba Kush cuts and that he smoked some with Arjan at lunch. But that doesn't mean a thing, who the hell can confirm that the released seeds are S1 of them ?

Too true. There is no first hand evidence of anybody confirming the cuts, watching them pollinate those specific cuts, watching over those plants for their entire life span, removing and then placing those particular seeds in the packaging. If you wanna believe GHS started a project with Apothecary regarding their cuts of those strains, and has the cuts in their possession, but then released S1's of something else, using the names of those cuts, I suppose that's your right. Some evidence would be nice. If you've got experience seeing or growing some of those GHS plants in person, I'd love to hear it....if you've seen pictures, or heard stories of those plants, or smoked someone's second hand nugs, well...welcome to the club, I guess.

Maybe I'm seeing things through rose colored glasses, but I've read just as many first-hand grow reports claiming obvious traits from those parents, as I have people dismissing them. To be sure, I have NOT read reports of people saying the plants consistently grow just like the clone-only cuts, but I haven't read that about ANY seeds, and certainly not any seeds of those particular, supposedly hard-to-self varieties. I only have experience with the Trainwreck from that group, to speak of myself. I didn't particularly like the flavor, which is the same thing that kept me from keeping the cut, and the GHS plant grew into a more indica leaning plant then the cut, but there were some definite shared traits, and I have no problem believing that the seed came from the cut. Your mileage may vary.