What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Malawi - limited edition

orfeas

Veteran
Hi there.
Some more photos since 30 October. Started to swell and the smell started to change a little from the Malawi with the addition of something sweet,and i like this.
The whether is good enough 'till now and I hope to enjoy some of her before Christmas- cross fingers -.

really stunned! never seen a plant at this stage at this time of the year, I'll swear this is beginning of October... :)

good luck!

:tiphat:orfeas

nksv

so I put this into flower early as I was running out of space in the veg box. so my yield wasn't super (my fault) - but the frost was insane on this. smoking now and I am super bummed I don't have more. It's just happy smoke. Normally with some ACE sativas there's that rollercoaster at the start (which is fine!), but this one is kind. She takes you to happy brain gently and quickly. Yeah not super potent but such a good smoke. I find the next morning I feel so clear...this is really top quality.
And in good news, I got two seeds so the next one is well on the way and will not be rushed into flower!

TheFertilizer

4 weeks since the flip. I am loving the fragrance this strain has, though it's so hard to describe, and I think I have two phenotypes. One of them has an almost expectorant quality, like you can feel your nostrils wanting to flare up. It's kind of like Vicks VapoRub but with more of a floral scent than that medicinal chemical smell. Besides that there's a kind of fruity/skunky smell, but the other one without the VapoRub effect has a different scent I just can't even begin to find words for. I mean every time I try I just come back to, "This smells like weed," thinking back to old bags I use to get before everything came with a name. Otherwise I'm just noticing some seem to have a little N claw going on; I made my mix pretty rich with neem meal, but others have their leaves straight up praying like they're very happy. Overall they seem more alike each other than unalike, so I'm not really sure if I have two distinct phenotypes or if some plants are just expressing different scents.

TheFertilizer

Forgot to add pics of what I think are the two different phenotypes I have. One clearly doesn't mind all the extra N I have going on as much as the other.

MaryMaven

Hi Dubi! :dance:

I was wondering; do y'all happen to have lab results you will be posting on your website for the Panama x Malawi like you do for so many others? I've checked a couple of times but haven't found any. I figured y'all had them done because you've posted THC/CBD levels...No biggie, I just keep a notebook with all the strains I have and all the information I can gather on them...very handy to have.

Peace
Maven

judge-penitent

I am having some hermie issues with my panama x malawi and would like to hear some opinions. The deal is I had some low night temperatures and high day temperatures which likely made the pan x mal to hermie. This is fixed now. It's the only panama x malawi I got going and the one I am waiting the most to try out. My question is: is there any point in picking out the nanners and just going thru with the flowering? Culling her would be kinda big of a deal because I won't have a change to grow her again in a long time. Few seeds in my weed is no biggie..

TheFertilizer

I had a pheno that I believe is more Malawi dominant start producing seeds, but I never actually saw any nanners. I haven't seen any seeds develop on the other plants though. I've been having low night temperatures as well, but my light schedule got interrupted by 15 minutes thanks to a power outage as well. I'm not really sure how to differentiate between the Malawi vs the Panama, but the one that went hermie was much lankier, smaller buds, more resinous, and had very vibrant orange pistils, like blaze orange. A shame because it's the phenotype I thought looked the best, had a distinct aroma. I don't mind the seeds so much either though.

TheFertilizer

Sorry can't edit my last post... Here are the different phenotypes I had, I think #1 was either #2-dominant or a #2/#3 hybrid. #3 is the one that got seeded, that I can see so far--the calyxes were split and the whites were visible. I'll have to wait until I trim to see if I find any in the other phenotypes.

MaryMaven

I've got one of these lovely plants going with some Early Bubba Hash plants. Very sturdy, healthy plant. Ace sure does produce some good genetics!! :)

Happy New Year, all!!

Peace,
Maven!

Pretty Lady...(in the 12-30 shots she is in a gallon pot. She is in a quart pot up until then - just got transplanted this morning :) )

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

judge-penitent

picking nanners til flower is what I do
Thanks for the encouragement! :biggrin:
I've been picking hundreds of balls for the past few weeks and it seems that she has stopped to throw them. Just starting the 4th week of flower and the smell is very fruity and enjoyable!

Also I got two cuttings from which one threw nanners in 24/0 lights

I'll save them for now but maybe its better to just get new seeds if I really enjoy the smoke? Is there much variation between the fem seeds?

Anyway can't wait to try this one :D

MaryMaven

OFF WITH HER HEAD!!! :D

picture.php

I'll give her another day to recover from her beheading then transplant her. About week after that, she'll get a good cleaning up and be ready to flip.

She was transplanted into that gallon pot on the 30th of December and she sat more than half-way up the pot when I seated her in there... I thought she'd be comfortable in that for quite a while. Wrong. It has been 8 days and she now has a riotous profusion of roots trying to escape the bottom and side drain holes of the pot.

Ace genetics rock! :)

Peace,
Maven

MaryMaven

That is a beautiful plant!

That is a beautiful plant!

Thanks for the encouragement! :biggrin:
I've been picking hundreds of balls for the past few weeks and it seems that she has stopped to throw them. Just starting the 4th week of flower and the smell is very fruity and enjoyable!

Glad to hear she seems to have made up her mind! :) I'll be sure to post if I have the same experience with mine when I flip her!

Peace
Maven

MaryMaven

Wow!!

Wow!!

Just wanted to post a couple of shots of the finished flower.

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74921&pictureid=1815987" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74921&pictureid=1815986" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74921&pictureid=1815985" target="_blank">View Image

Holy moly, look at all that beautiful resin! :peacock:

Thank you for sharing, it's nice knowing what we have to look forward to! :)

Peace
Maven

TheFertilizer

Holy moly, look at all that beautiful resin! :peacock:

Thank you for sharing, it's nice knowing what we have to look forward to! :)

Peace
Maven

You're welcome, I am happy to share so long as it isn't seen as shameless bragging and spamming :p

Those pics were from #1, #2 and #4 (from left to right). #3 and #5 just didn't really have great bud structures, mostly broke up into popcorn and very fluffy buds. Here pics of them, first the #3 and then the #5.

I ID'd #1, #2 and #3 in previous posts with pictures. #4 and #5 look very much like #2 but with different bud structure, with #5 getting a little larfy.

I'm still trying them all out to really be able to do a "review" or rate them at all. They're not incredibly unique, but there are some distinctions.

#1 tastes the best out of all of them, but it's really hard to describe why, or what the flavor is. The smell is also quite unique. Kind of like a sweet citrus with a backing of pine and floral tones, like standing in the middle of a meadow sipping a lemonade that's got some extra fruity flavor you can't quite put your finger on. The others have that heavy citrus tone, but not so much the sweet floral hints.

#3 has a more heady high than the rest, where #2 is more energetic.

Hard to really say much more than that so far, because I kind of keep getting high and forgetting which one I just smoked :p

MaryMaven

You're welcome, I am happy to share so long as it isn't seen as shameless bragging and spamming :p

Those pics were from #1, #2 and #4 (from left to right). #3 and #5 just didn't really have great bud structures, mostly broke up into popcorn and very fluffy buds. Here pics of them, first the #3 and then the #5.
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74921&pictureid=1816560" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74921&pictureid=1816559" target="_blank">View Image

I ID'd #1, #2 and #3 in previous posts with pictures. #4 and #5 look very much like #2 but with different bud structure, with #5 getting a little larfy.

I'm still trying them all out to really be able to do a "review" or rate them at all. They're not incredibly unique, but there are some distinctions.

#1 tastes the best out of all of them, but it's really hard to describe why, or what the flavor is. The smell is also quite unique. Kind of like a sweet citrus with a backing of pine and floral tones, like standing in the middle of a meadow sipping a lemonade that's got some extra fruity flavor you can't quite put your finger on. The others have that heavy citrus tone, but not so much the sweet floral hints.

#3 has a more heady high than the rest, where #2 is more energetic.

Hard to really say much more than that so far, because I kind of keep getting high and forgetting which one I just smoked :p

:D Aw, it isn't shameless bragging/spamming if it's the truth, is it?

Very interesting on the taste. I'm really looking forward to seeing what mine turns out to resemble out of your plant profiles. :)

And now I'm really wishing that I'd planted more than one at a time. But I only had room for one this time around...so it goes.

My little girl got flipped to flower today - the Early Bubba Hash plants she's been rooming with just couldn't wait any longer, and really, she probably couldn't either, not if her stretch stands up to sativa legend...

picture.php

MaryMaven

Looking very nice right now. Kind of interesting it looks so squat with broad leaves, looks more indica than sativa right now.

I know, right? When she's sitting in the middle of the Early Bubba Hash plants she's rooming with, I can't hardly tell them apart at this point, the leaves look so similar. :shucks:

I think the 'squat' look comes from me topping her. :) Her side branches really jumped up fast and it makes her look bushy. I imagine the difference will make itself apparent during the coming weeks, especially when she hits her stride in stretch.

But at this point she sure is a healthy girl. Great vigor! :plant grow:

Peace
Maven