What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Malawi

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Phrenos - I'd say you're about 80% haze there, way more than mine (60/40). Here's my haze leaning pheno with the lights off about 6.5 weeks in.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Phrenos, this is a very purple haze dominant pheno, looks interesting, hope you can mature her enough, it's a real beauty. I think Terpene is finding more malawi influenced phenos. Thanks for posting! :thank you:

Phrenos

Hi Phrenos, this is a very purple haze dominant pheno, looks interesting, hope you can mature her enough, it's a real beauty. I think Terpene is finding more malawi influenced phenos. Thanks for posting! :thank you:

Thanks for the info Dubi :) few weeks of flowering approximately? 15 weeks? more? I hope she can finish maturing jejeje.
best regards

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola Phrenos,

Yes, purple haze x malawi needs at least 4 months of flowering, the more purple haze influenced phenos like yours are the slower to flower. How are the aromas at this stage ?

Terpene

Veteran
Here's my indoor Purple Haze x Malawi at 8.5 weeks. She's just barely out of the pistil only phase and juust starting to thicken up. Thankfully, she's about done stretching at 2.3 meters... That's a handle of Jack / 38 liter pot for a size reference.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
nice Terpene, those plants look so healthy. How do you keep them so green without having the leaves curl up?

Thank you for the compliment but you're going to laugh at how little I actually do. All I use is Fox Farm Happy Frog soil and mountain spring water. Sometimes, if I'm feeling creative I might add a dash of molasses, but that's maybe once during flower, if at all.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Phrenos and Terpene :)

Im so glad to see the new purple haze x malawi limited edition maturing so nicely in your gardens.

The goal of this F1 hybrid is to create a purple haze dominant sativa for the flowering traits/personality with the extra potency, resin production, yield and improved growing traits of the malawi, it also takes one month less to finish than pure purple haze. Can't wait to hear your opinion after harvest! ;)

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
hey there phrenos,terpene,dubi- mind if i hang with the gang? started six of the purple malawis couple of weeks ago. all came up within 3 days. then one night the cat pissed me off and i shut her out of the bedroom. well the next day i went into the spare bedroom where the plant nursery was, only to find 3 of the 6 pulled out of the rapid rooters and bitten in half. yes the cat and the other plants are doing fine. will try to get some baby pics up soon. hopefully they clone easily

Terpene

Veteran
The goal of this F1 hybrid is to create a purple haze dominant sativa for the flowering traits/personality with the extra potency, resin production, yield and improved growing traits of the malawi, it also takes one month less to finish than pure purple haze. Can't wait to hear your opinion after harvest! ;)

Purple, check.
More frost, check.
Improved vigor, check.
Improved yield, check.

Night time temps here are hovering around 8-11C. The purple color has really come out in the last few weeks. I have a another pic of the Malawi pheno outside, but there are so many trichs covering it that it was hard to actually show the purple color with the camera. Here's the top bud, which looks more white than purple thanks to the trich coverage. :biggrin:

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Dubi with your permission I put some pictures that me send by email.
The temperatures in day/night not exceed 10ºC, night 2-4ºC, much wind this weeks and a beautifull colors :)

Nommed for pic of the month! :tiphat:

Terpene

Veteran
As the two finish off, they almost act as if they have traded places. The Malawi pheno is very purple and smells like Ace purple haze. The haze pheno is more and more Malawi looking and smells like it as well.

The outdoor Purple Haze x Malawi (malawi-ish) pheno comes down today at 13 weeks (December 6th). It's probably been done since December 1st, but I always like to wait an extra week to be sure. Outside, our day length is currently at 10day/14night. Temps have been dropping to 3-5C at night and hover around 16-18C day.

I would say the indoor Hazey pheno is about 2-3 weeks behind, its night time temps at around 13-15C, daytime temps at 20-21C. I will keep that one at 11.5day/12.5night for the duration of its life to see what kind of time it takes to finish in near 12/12.

There are some interesting differences between the two plants. The outdoor pheno is in cheapie miracle grow potting soil, a soil I always considered a bit hot. It's only had hose water / rain water and remains perfect looking without additional feeding. The indoor pheno is under the LED and in happy frog soil. I have been watering with mountain spring as usual and the plant developed a minor calcium / magnesium deficiency in its 10th-11th week. After feeding with Cal/Mag and molasses, everything is back on track. I didn't have this issue with the purple haze, so I would imagine that the addition of Malawi has increased the nutrient needs (at least calcium / magnesium) of this line.

Interestingly, the outdoor pheno's yield looks like it will be less than my indoor pheno - something I was not planning on.

My indoor pheno has not changed color at all, a product of the warmer indoor nights. I may force it to color up in its last week with ice water flushes. ;)

Heres the hazey pheno, continuing to fill out.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php