What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

Common Sense

Thank you Ozz, thank you nepalInt21.
Here is one for size reference:

Attachments

• f36.jpg
    f36.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Common Sense

Just put her in this small pot so I was going to veg her for a couple of weeks at least.
Sounds similar to the strategy I went by. Very small cup for the seedling with 200-300 ml of soil for 2 weeks, then 1 l pot until week 5 1/2, the last 8 days of that already at 11/13. Lots of LST from the very beginning until about 2 weeks in flower.

The goal was to keep them manageable in the small space, of course, especially the Honduras x Panama that's in there too.

I wanted to have a SCROG grow this time, therefore the LST and the longer veg time. But I also thought that having them matured more when flowering starts might limit stretch a bit, too. I feel that having them rootbound in the small containers for a bit longer kept the stretch down in a sustained way even after putting them in the bigger pots (16 l). This worked just right for the HxP, which is now exactly where I want her size wise, but I maybe overdid it a bit for the Zamaldelica, which seems to grow a lot bushier by default, at least my pheno.

So far it looks like it will work out just fine, though.
I did find them a bit difficult to manage once they became rootbound, i.e. more sensitive to changes in fertilizer or lack of water.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
I have been posting on the other Zam thread Zamaldelica – The Search for Trip Weed.

Here are my beasts in a tent door lights out photo today @ 57 days from bean - they are fem seeds btw. 12/12 all the way. Now in 5 g pots (but only 3 gal coco/perlite). First 2 weeks in solo cups. Topped once @ 3rd node.

The plant on the right is stalky with big inter-node spacing. It started flowering 10 days before the other. Nice structure & lots of buds forming. Preflowers @ 27 days. Flower started Day 36. Its height has now topped out @ 37 inches from dirt.

The plant on the left is actually 5 inches shorter than it appears because I have had it on a booster seat since it has been smaller through its life - until the last week with that one stalk being heroic. Much, much bushier with much smaller node spacing. I have defoled it a bit for airflow & I am debating a lot more.

picture.php

Tin Goose

picture.php

Zamaldelica under LEDs, flower day 67. LST'ed to hell :biggrin:
Doesn't smell much if I stick my nose, but I just took a tester bud and I was inundated by the most pleasant floral aroma (jazmines maybe?).

Seems like it has some way to go still... Can't get impatient now :bow:

Tangwena

Veteran
View Image

Zamaldelica under LEDs, flower day 67. LST'ed to hell :biggrin:
Doesn't smell much if I stick my nose, but I just took a tester bud and I was inundated by the most pleasant floral aroma (jazmines maybe?).

Seems like it has some way to go still... Can't get impatient now :bow:
Thats the good one floral tones are really good.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway

Really? My plants have a very distinct odor. Tropical fruit with a bit of cat piss in the back - especially after lights out.

Tin Goose

Really? My plants have a very distinct odor. Tropical fruit with a bit of cat piss in the back - especially after lights out.

Yep! This one is really discreet.

I was running another girl that smelled really powerful, similar to what you described. Unfortunately she hermied around week 5 and I took her out.

Just a personal thing the more flowery perfume like delicate aromas are my favorite highs.

I'm very glad to read that Tangwena!! :biggrin: I'll keep you guys posted :wave:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
Day 77

I dropped the light to 11/13 last week and stopped humidification. ec 0.55 and I will drop this further in a few days.

The plant on the right has nice rock hard colas. Pistils are mostly amber. Trichs are still clear. The plant on the left (the bushier one) is about 10 days behind its sister and still throwing white pistils.

The stalks are all self-supporting . . . :rasta:

picture.php