What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

FJ2000

I started this girl indoors late February, she’s been more or less left to fend for herself in the flower garden all summer. She’s in a 5 gallon plastic pot that is totally root bound, been knocked over by wind 4 or 5 times. Split right down the middle and zip tied. I’m on Long Island and this fall has been kinda wet but she lives!!! Been up in the low 70’s last couple days with light rain in the forecast this weekend. I think I’ll put one of those pop up tents over her to keep her somewhat dry. The flowers all around her base have died and her legs are exposed. Her buds not big but are definitely sticky with a spicy, ripe mango smell. Beautiful plant. I love how the branches flop and the buds grow upright with the sun. Even if the smoke isn’t primo due to my neglect, it been a pleasure to watch her flower.
IMG_1588.jpeg
IMG_1587.jpeg
IMG_1586.jpeg
IMG_1585.jpeg

Last edited:

gwhunran

Update on Golden Tiger, hydro scrog grow. 3 plants, two different phenotypes.

GT Day 100 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 100 since flip. hydro two screen scrog

GT Day 100 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger Day 100 since flip. Malawi Killer pheno on back left.

GT Day 100 flower (4) close up of frost front thai.JPG

Golden Tiger Day 100 since flip. Close up of previous MK pheno flower.

GT Day 100 flower (6).JPG

Golden Tiger Day 100 since flip. Thai pheno stalk that's easy to photograph.

GT Day 100 flower (6)2.JPG

Close up of previous Thai pheno flower.

gwhunran

Impreesive trichomes on the bracts on both phenos @gwhunran :yes: Malawi Killer pheno looks dangerous, with the potential to be a white phantom pheno, looks perfect for chop chop.
Thai dom buds are lovely as well. What do they suggest on the nose ?
Thanks Dubi, What can you tell me about white phantom? I'm afraid I can't harvest the plant on the left until I harvest the plant in the front. I don't think the Thai phenos are ready yet. Do they look ready to you? I can't tell much about their smell because I have Colombian Gold growing a few meters away and they really smell. My GT doesn't have a strong smell compared to other strains. Picture of Thai pheno bud from yesterday.
GT Day 101 flower (8).JPG

GT Day 101 from flip. Thai pheno.

GT Day 101 flower (8)close up.JPG

GT Day 101 from flip. Thai pheno.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @gwhunran you can get an idea of white phantom Malawi Killer phenos in for example Killer A5 Haze description for silverish Malawi pheno, and visually in Killer A5 Haze strain picture. I'd try to harvest the Malawi pheno, if you need to wait for the Thai phenos the Malawi pheno will be wasted by over ripening. Tha Thai phenos are starting to get ripe but still need a bit more time.

HCMPA

Hi @gwhunran can you tell me what's your setup? (tent size and lights).
I'm looking to arrange my own indoor setup, I'm an outdoor grower and don't know what size would be optimal for 2 or 3 plants (preferable in soil), your setup looks pretty good to me.

Best regards.

gwhunran

Hi @gwhunran can you tell me what's your setup? (tent size and lights).
I'm looking to arrange my own indoor setup, I'm an outdoor grower and don't know what size would be optimal for 2 or 3 plants (preferable in soil), your setup looks pretty good to me.

Best regards.
I am not using a tent. I partitioned a room, using a false wall to separate the spaces. :) I run two grows on opposite sides of a 4 ft/122cm wide x 16 ft/5m long x 8ft/2.5m high. I use a 3ft/91cm x 3ft/91cm flood and drain tray. I run two 4ft/122cmx4ft/122cm scrog screens. I put the 1st screen about 7"/18cm above the plants. I can vary the height of the 2nd screen, depending on expected height of the plants.:) The 2nd screen is mainly for spreading the stalks out and structural support for heavy buds.:)
I can only access things from the front, so a problem in the back, is hard to address. :rolleyes: Running a hydro flood and drain, they all get the same water. You would have to be able to water your plants in soil and I wouldn't be able to easily do that with my set up.:unsure:
You need to address your ventilation. I have large exhaust fans that are on inkbirds, set to come on if the AC breaks and things start getting hot. Otherwise the AC keeps things in range. My space is also super insulated and sealed pretty tight, so I have to be really concerned with the relative humidity.:unsure: When the flowers are growing strongly, the RH skyrockets.:oops: I use a dehumidifier to take the moisture out of the air. How much space you need probably has more to do with how long your planning on vegging them before flip.:unsure: I vegged the GT for 14 days before flip. Some veg for months and fill up a large tent with one plant.:)

gwhunran

Golden Tiger harvest was finished yesterday. :) 110 & 111 days from flip. Trimmed and hung. I'll give them a few days drying then I'll cut the more airy flowers on the lower stalks and make COB.:unsure: :) The top colas will be jarred/bagged for cure. :) A lot of very nice flower. The top of the stalk flowers ended up being very dense. :unsure: :biggrin:

GT harvest Day 2 finish (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, harvest after 110 days from flip. Three plants in a hydro flood and drain.

GT Harvest 2nd day (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, harvest after 110 days from flip. Three plants in a hydro flood and drain. Thai phenos:)

Golden Tiger MK pheno (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, harvest after 110 days from flip. Three plants in a hydro flood and drain. Malawi Killer pheno in the foreground. :oops:
:)

HCMPA

I am not using a tent. I partitioned a room, using a false wall to separate the spaces. :) I run two grows on opposite sides of a 4 ft/122cm wide x 16 ft/5m long x 8ft/2.5m high. I use a 3ft/91cm x 3ft/91cm flood and drain tray. I run two 4ft/122cmx4ft/122cm scrog screens. I put the 1st screen about 7"/18cm above the plants. I can vary the height of the 2nd screen, depending on expected height of the plants.:) The 2nd screen is mainly for spreading the stalks out and structural support for heavy buds.:)
I can only access things from the front, so a problem in the back, is hard to address. :rolleyes: Running a hydro flood and drain, they all get the same water. You would have to be able to water your plants in soil and I wouldn't be able to easily do that with my set up.:unsure:
You need to address your ventilation. I have large exhaust fans that are on inkbirds, set to come on if the AC breaks and things start getting hot. Otherwise the AC keeps things in range. My space is also super insulated and sealed pretty tight, so I have to be really concerned with the relative humidity.:unsure: When the flowers are growing strongly, the RH skyrockets.:oops: I use a dehumidifier to take the moisture out of the air. How much space you need probably has more to do with how long your planning on vegging them before flip.:unsure: I vegged the GT for 14 days before flip. Some veg for months and fill up a large tent with one plant.:)
Thanks for the info. DIY tent or room "tent" are my more appealing ways, in fact if it were legal in my corner of the world I will have half home fill up with plants :cool:

Nice harvest BTW!! Enjoy your hard work, my friend!

FJ2000

The weather on Long Island has been cool and relatively dry for the last couple weeks. Nights are touching the high 30’s but days hit 60 in the sun. I harvested about half the plant and letting the second half seen here will ride till frost is in the forecast or Dubi tells me to just pull the trigger.
IMG_1657.jpeg
IMG_1655.jpeg
IMG_1654.jpeg
IMG_1653.jpeg
IMG_1651.jpeg
IMG_1649.jpeg
IMG_1644.jpeg

gwhunran

Thanks for the info. DIY tent or room "tent" are my more appealing ways, in fact if it were legal in my corner of the world I will have half home fill up with plants :cool:

Nice harvest BTW!! Enjoy your hard work, my friend!
It being legal now where I live has changed growing for me. Before, a lot of energy was spent, just to hide the process. After a few years of things being legal, I'm just now really getting just a little bit relaxed about anyone knowing about them. :unsure:

FJ2000

You guys are fighting a battle to get tropical plants to finish properly in temps like that.
I flower mine in 36c or higher just like in central Africa and they love it but cold like that takes mother nature to be on your side thats for sure.
Hahaha…. Yup, definitely not betting the farm on a crop. It’s a hit or miss year to year. When it hits, it hits.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
The weather on Long Island has been cool and relatively dry for the last couple weeks. Nights are touching the high 30’s but days hit 60 in the sun. I harvested about half the plant and letting the second half seen here will ride till frost is in the forecast or Dubi tells me to just pull the trigger. View attachment 18916745 View attachment 18916746 View attachment 18916747 View attachment 18916748 View attachment 18916749 View attachment 18916750 View attachment 18916751
Impressed to know you managed to harvest GT in NY @FJ2000 ;) well done! Looks perfectly done in the quoted post. If weather remains good without strong winds and with 0 rains, then you can experiment over ripening her a bit, although cut the rest of the plant if bad weather is coming.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Golden Tiger harvest was finished yesterday. :) 110 & 111 days from flip. Trimmed and hung. I'll give them a few days drying then I'll cut the more airy flowers on the lower stalks and make COB.:unsure: :) The top colas will be jarred/bagged for cure. :) A lot of very nice flower. The top of the stalk flowers ended up being very dense. :unsure: :biggrin:

View attachment 18916671
Golden Tiger, harvest after 110 days from flip. Three plants in a hydro flood and drain.

View attachment 18916673
Golden Tiger, harvest after 110 days from flip. Three plants in a hydro flood and drain. Thai phenos:)

View attachment 18916674
Golden Tiger, harvest after 110 days from flip. Three plants in a hydro flood and drain. Malawi Killer pheno in the foreground. :oops:

Congrats also on your bountifil harvest @gwhunran :D great job!
Let it cure 3 months and then please let us know what do you think about your 3 GT girls, enjoy!

Latest posts

Latest posts