What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roots Organic Coco

GSWCali

Morning everybody. I have been looking into cheap coco coir and Roots organic 5kg blocks have caught my eye. I wanted a brand of coco that doesn't really have anything already in it, I think the correct term is buffer?

I enjoy formulating different nutrient regimens with raw salts which is why I'm not looking at coco that is already packed with some nutrients. Roots Organic coco seems to be perfect for what I want to do but this will be my first run with coco so I'm not sure if my strategy will work as planned.

I have all the salts I need to charge rinse and charge the coco with the proper elements to hopefully balance the CEC. Would love to hear if anyone has tried this brand of coco or has any suggestions on something similar with the goal I have. Thank you.

eric2028

Veteran
What’s your technique for charging or buffering your coco? I use Mother Earth coco but have been running into mag def I. Early in veg.

Latest posts

Latest posts