What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S1’s and crosses

Nachoguy

Hey all,
So, I’ve been collecting cuts for some years now, and I thought I’d start backing them up! And throwing some others in there for good measure?. I got the lemontree a while back, and I thought I’d start there.
It’s an amazing taste, smell, and high! so I set up two small tents and got er going.
the other tent is our find we call nacho. O e seed found in one # of gg4. Looks very similar in growth, but holds its weight and doesn’t flop all over. The taste is nothing like gg4.. deep candied orange peel, sunflower seed, rancid oil, skunk, and rubber!
Very high sesquiterpenes. Tastes better at the end of the doob, but a great morphing taste throughout.
Anyway, here’s some pics?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=84888&pictureid=2095772

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84888&pictureid=2095770

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84888&pictureid=2095773

Nachoguy

There we go!
Lillt holding lemontree babies

picture.php

Cloneman

Veteran
Nice one guy.
Im going to get round to this myself soon, been meaning to. Was going to get a tent for it but decided to use a part of my main one after my last run of my season (summer break too hot). In about 20/22 weeks will run all of the donors in one go to get the fem pollen to store.

good luck

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I am working on a similar project this winter. Looks like yours is going well, nice work!

The fun comes when growing out those creations!

Hope to see this thread continue on and see some progeny!

Nachoguy

I appreciate the kindness everyone! these are my first reversals using sts. It was actually pretty painless! Me and my buddy will be thoroughly looking through these in the coming months. Mainly to see what these killer cuts throw into the nacho. We know that plant so well, it’s a leg up on seeing what other things are bringing to the party.

clearheaded

lemon tree s1 yes please :). nice man! i wonder how they will be as don't see any s1 of lemon tree hopefully will be like mom!

Nachoguy

My understanding of s1 is that you will have to look though a few to get what you’re looking for. But, you don’t have to waste space on males! So I bet if you popped 2 packs of 10 there’s a possibility of something better or as good as the mother. But I’ll have to test this theory!
I heard csi say that a lot of times, fem crosses work better than s1 as far as finding the jams. I’m sure it’s all true and untrue!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The thing with S1's in theory, is they aren't really anything but a tool to select suitable parents. They aren't really an end goal thing. The purpose is to see what influences they pass on. How their genes recombine etc. And if happy with the offspring, then use them as a P1 parent for making F1's.
I'm not trying rain on your parade, just thought I'd throw it in for consideration. S1's have a greatly reduced gene base.

Nachoguy

I completely agree. It’s all starting points! I always increase the old school special packs
As a feeble attempt to at least preserve a little diversity. But lemontree already exists, as well as all of the “elite” cuts. It’s just my way of preserving the cut, while at the same time making some interesting x’s!

Latest posts

Latest posts