What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My grow setup 2, DWC, 2x2, HLG135, scrog, Bruce Banner

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
I'd have put money on that thing not surviving at the start of the thread. Nice turn around frosty.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks GMT, she's bounced back well and has just started showing flowers.
I like what is just below your username; I am therefore I think

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
This pic doesn't really show it that well but this is the first day of flowering, weekly updates will be done from today on-wards instead of every Saturday.

picture.php

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
They look nice and a bit hungry. Might want to check pH, bump the solution 50ppm, then add pH up to hit the original pH. :)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
Looking good man, can you adjust the white balance on your cam? Or maybe just select the incandescent house light build symbol? Might take some of the yellow out of the pics and give a truer colour image.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Looking good man, can you adjust the white balance on your cam? Or maybe just select the incandescent house light build symbol? Might take some of the yellow out of the pics and give a truer colour image.
White light photos will help a lot.

As for how I can tell it looks a bit hungry, I've been looking at photos of cannabis under HPS for a long time and this light is verrry yellow. :) I'm definitely willing to be wrong, but I'm fairly sure. Please add a white light photo :)

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor

White light photos will help a lot.

As for how I can tell it looks a bit hungry, I've been looking at photos of cannabis under HPS for a long time and this light is verrry yellow. :) I'm definitely willing to be wrong, but I'm fairly sure. Please add a white light photo :)
Unfortunately my camera is a cheapy, no light balancing and I can't take the plant outside as the scrog net is attached to the tent.

ozzieAI

Veteran
looking good mate...

if it was me i would be clearing some of that under brush to give the bud sites a bit more light...and a bit of a lollipop to increase the yield...

H

HarbingerOfHarv

Looking great dude.. If I was you.. I'd leave foliage alone. Wait and see it's your first grow. Don't grow chopping a bunch of stuff off to increase your yield, Defoliating can help increase but it has to been done intelligently and even then lots of veteran growers swear by not doing it at all.

ozzieAI

Veteran
Looking great dude.. If I was you.. I'd leave foliage alone. Wait and see it's your first grow. Don't grow chopping a bunch of stuff off to increase your yield, Defoliating can help increase but it has to been done intelligently and even then lots of veteran growers swear by not doing it at all.

yeah...you wouldn't want to increase your yield mate...sounds terrible....

this sort of result would be a disaster...

picture.php

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks for the replies guys.
I have removed branches below the scrog net but I am not a fan of defoliation as I think it takes energy away from the plant.

ozzieAI

Veteran
Thanks for the replies guys.
I have removed branches below the scrog net but I am not a fan of defoliation as I think it takes energy away from the plant.

that is what i was suggesting...regarding the removal of under net growth...removing leaves that directly blocks the light from buds helps promote bigger buds...

not saying remove all leaves by any means...but selective pruning will give you a much better result...the difference is between growing in full light or shade...

regardless you are are doing way better than your first attempt...that light is the perfect size for that tent...

keep up the good work...

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ozzieAI.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]She hasn't been drinking as much since I upped the bloom nutes, won't have to top her up until tomorrow night.
[/FONT]