What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Katsu's MASSIVE P98 Bubba Kush Reversal Bean Run

Katsu

Veteran
Can we see a pic of the packs before they all go out? I'm curious what look you went with. :tiphat:

dank.Frank

Hey, brother. I really don't want to make my forum posts business related but I did post some pics on IG and I have a link in my sig :) These forums are like home to me and I don't want to muck it up. I posted a pic of my logo somewhere else for comments and was politely scolded by mods (rightfully so, but I was just looking for art critique :) )

On another note, check your PM's - I sent you a message a while back :)

Katsu

Veteran
Apologies for the delay in getting testers out. I have had higher humidity and lower temperatures than expected and the beans need a bit more drying time. I'm heading out of town, so I will send them out on the 13th, 14th, and 15th. Again, apologies for the delay :-(

Katsu

Veteran
The last of the testers should be going out today. If I didn't send you a PM that means I missed you - please hit me up again and I'll make sure they go out. Sent out a bit over 20 packs - can't wait to see what everyone gets :)

Katsu

Veteran
I've got approximately 4 seedlings each of the following that I'm running myself:
Dracarys (GG4xP98)
Sour Bubba (ECSDxP98)
Bubba's Sis (ChemSisxP98)
Bubba's Breath (OGKB2.0 from Chunkypigs xP98)
Schromba (SchromxP98)
Xanadu (Bandaid Haze #7xP98)
Kaffir Kush (Key Lime Pie x P98)
Also have a couple of P98 S1's

I'll post some pics when they're a little bigger

Katsu

Veteran
I've run the Dracarys and Sour Bubba before - I wish I had more space to run more of each but I'm going to be sending out large batches to some friends for some more serious pheno hunting. I figure 4 of each should be enough to give me an indication of what the flavors and highs will be like. I love to squish the buds (rosin) because I think I get a really good, clean representation of what the flower should taste like when properly grown and flushed.

Happy Times

I've got approximately 4 seedlings each of the following that I'm running myself:
Dracarys (GG4xP98)
Sour Bubba (ECSDxP98)
Bubba's Sis (ChemSisxP98)
Bubba's Breath (OGKB2.0 from Chunkypigs xP98)
Schromba (SchromxP98)
Xanadu (Bandaid Haze #7xP98)
Kaffir Kush (Key Lime Pie x P98)
Also have a couple of P98 S1's

I'll post some pics when they're a little bigger

Can’t wait to see the variety! (and similarities too). How dominant will that P98 side be? Only time will tell :biggrin:

MD84

Kaffir kush lmao? How did that come about? I was thinking Key Lime Katsu myself...

edit...never mind my brain wasn't working this morning lol

Happy Times

Kaffir kush lmao? How did that come about? I was thinking Key Lime Katsu myself...

edit...never mind my brain wasn't working this morning lol

Hmm, found this on a google search

https://modernfarmer.com/2014/07/getting-rid-k-word/

Happy Times

Wow - no idea. I'll have to rethink the name. I'm a chef and have used Kaffir Lime leaves in my Indian dishes for years. First I heard of the word being offensive. So many meanings... Katsu means "dick" in Italian LOL...

I didn’t know that it was offensive to some either! Not trying to be all Internet indignant , wanted to let you know just in case

That reminds me of something I read in the news recently where there was a combination of mayonnaise and ketchup called mayochup or something, and that word meant something offensive haha

Katsu

Veteran
Here's a pic of all of the Bubba crosses - will be cleaning up the tent later today (it's not really "show" ready :) )

Attachments

• Bubba crosses.jpg
    Bubba crosses.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 50

too-dope

Bubba's Sis

Bubba's Sis

First round of Bubba's Sis testers. 3/5 germinated within 72 hours and were planted. I'll give the other two a couple days. One seed in the pack was damaged but I couldn't tell until I opened it. Thanks again Katsu :tiphat:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Katsu

Veteran
First round of Bubba's Sis testers. 3/5 germinated within 72 hours and were planted. I'll give the other two a couple days. One seed in the pack was damaged but I couldn't tell until I opened it. Thanks again Katsu :tiphat:
Old school Heavens Stairway style shipping - I had a few people tell me the beans ran through the automated postal equipment the wrong way and smashed a couple of beans, but for the most part everyone seemed to get theirs safe and sound. It was particularly economical (and under the radar) for the International sends - I think I sent about a dozen or so packs abroad. Looking forward to seeing all of the pics.

The beans seem to be particularly hard-shelled - I precracked mine and had a 90%+ germ rate.

Peace, KB

too-dope

Old school Heavens Stairway style shipping - I had a few people tell me the beans ran through the automated postal equipment the wrong way and smashed a couple of beans, but for the most part everyone seemed to get theirs safe and sound. It was particularly economical (and under the radar) for the International sends - I think I sent about a dozen or so packs abroad. Looking forward to seeing all of the pics.

The beans seem to be particularly hard-shelled - I precracked mine and had a 90%+ germ rate.

Peace, KB

Make that 4/5. Another one shot out a tap root in 24 hours.:dance013: