What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Great job hemphry, I can only imagine how great an outdoor haze like that must smoke.

Me too...but I'll hopefully find out soon enough. I've never grown these out before, so it's going to be interesting to find out how they all smoke.

This afternoon, I started toking some of these early picked/unwashed/uncured C5 x Durban buds. Not bad and well worth digging through the rest of the seed I have to find a possible keeper. I should have let it go longer than I did, but the mold was starting to creep in and I didn't want to push it.
i1loExBl.jpg

eYPA2Xcl.jpg

ZJadZZKl.jpg

HB.

LostTribe

Premium user
My Todd's haze seems to be a longer flowering pheno. I put the just rooted clone into the 12/12 tent on August 10th. That's 9 weeks
To me It still looks like it has alot of time left, but Im new to the sat game.

For 9 weeks it looks well on its way to me. How many weeks did it take to start showing sex or more blooms? Looks like a great start just be patient don't take them early. Is the stretch as bad as you had anticipated?

I started a few Todd's as well not ready to clone yet but they aren't stretching like some of the others I have experience with at least so far in fact one is staying a good bit shorter but I think it might be the one that got a bit hot waiting for the tap root to pop out.

JohnnyChicago

Figure I should put up some plant pics...to lighten the vibe a bit.

You are good there where you are HB.
In Amsterdam you had to bring your own Haze if you wanted smoke really good Haze. Commercial S5,SSH, Amnesia etc. is almost all what you could find. That's no Haze compared to what was there before. All the good hazes from the 90s are gone since very long time in Amsterdam.
I guess it's known that even NY has better Hazes than Amsterdam.

If I had to chose between visiting your garden with no smoking at all and go to Amsterdam in 2010 with all Hazes for free, I would chose your garden all the time.

(Could be that it has gotten slightly better haze-wise the last years, but not sure. Not really motivated to ckeck it myself ... everything has gotten worse in the NL in the cannabis scene since the 90s, exactly like happened with the Haze, probably for the same reasons)

@Madmac imgine that one under the californian sun :)

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Today Haze is Hazy smelling indica,and thats all in AMS.
In shops but there are homegrowers with good stuff as always.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
For 9 weeks it looks well on its way to me. How many weeks did it take to start showing sex or more blooms? Looks like a great start just be patient don't take them early. Is the stretch as bad as you had anticipated?

I started a few Todd's as well not ready to clone yet but they aren't stretching like some of the others I have experience with at least so far in fact one is staying a good bit shorter but I think it might be the one that got a bit hot waiting for the tap root to pop out.

I'm gonna let it ride! She ain't coming down till she's ready. Lol

The stretch was crazy. Considering the clone was 6-8 inches tall when I put her in the bloom tent. She grew into the light and burnt herself in no time. Towered over the other plants. I tied her down and now that she has some weight to her, the scrog net is only thing holding up.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I freeze fresh bud, but only if I’m making bubble hash with it.

Here’s something you probably REALLY won’t like or understand, lol...

I wash all my outdoor weed before I hang it.

I dunk the colas into a big ass plastic tote filled with a mixture of 7 gallons of clean water and 1 cup of h2O2, then I dunk the same colas in another tote with 10 gallons of fresh water to rinse then I hang them on fishing line in the drying room.

You won’t believe all the gunk I wash off of the buds. One of these days, I’m going to use white totes to show everyone what comes off your weed when you wash it before drying. It’s gross and I don’t want to smoke that shit.

I live in a high humidity area, so I have my dehuey in the drying room set for 65% for about two days, then I let them ride with a small fan circulating the air but not blowing on the buds. Works for me, but I don’t expect everyone to do it the same way I do or “understand” why I do things this way. It’s just what I do...and the people that are gifted weed from me never seem to complain.

Volcanic soil is some of the best stuff around. The sun is important, but so is the soil.

HB.

if I understand it well you wash it from some shit that is in the air in the area where you are growing it? dont you normally breathe that air whole year? or you have some filters in the house for it?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
if I understand it well you wash it from some shit that is in the air in the area where you are growing it? dont you normally breathe that air whole year? or you have some filters in the house for it?

I wish I did have better filter system inside. Just look at the crud that builds up on fan blades.
And if you have pets their hair and dander is everyfuckingwhere. Or if you smoke in the house that multiplies it.
Just cause you don't see it on there don't mean it's squeaky clean. I'd love to have a filter set up like Douglas.Curtis built in his thread.

LostTribe

Premium user
I'm gonna let it ride! She ain't coming down till she's ready. Lol

The stretch was crazy. Considering the clone was 6-8 inches tall when I put her in the bloom tent. She grew into the light and burnt herself in no time. Towered over the other plants. I tied her down and now that she has some weight to her, the scrog net is only thing holding up.

Is she still stretching now at 9 weeks bloom? You on 12/12?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Is she still stretching now at 9 weeks bloom? You on 12/12?

No she's not stretching anymore She's steadily putting out pistils. She hasn't done any sort of swelling at all, but maybe I'm too used to the indicas.

Yes I'm doing 12/12 I'll finish her like that this time, and try a shorter day period on the next go when I get my new tent for sativas.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hahaha! I was just trying to get an idea of what to expect growth wise from not only Todd's OHz but also some fellow named Tom Hill do you know of him?

Effect is the most important criteria, nevertheless one must be well readied to maintain such plant life to the best of his abilities in order to be blessed with the opportunity to judge the effects of his final work.

Best
LT

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I freeze fresh bud, but only if I’m making bubble hash with it.

Here’s something you probably REALLY won’t like or understand, lol...

I wash all my outdoor weed before I hang it.

I dunk the colas into a big ass plastic tote filled with a mixture of 7 gallons of clean water and 1 cup of h2O2, then I dunk the same colas in another tote with 10 gallons of fresh water to rinse then I hang them on fishing line in the drying room.

You won’t believe all the gunk I wash off of the buds. One of these days, I’m going to use white totes to show everyone what comes off your weed when you wash it before drying. It’s gross and I don’t want to smoke that shit.

I live in a high humidity area, so I have my dehuey in the drying room set for 65% for about two days, then I let them ride with a small fan circulating the air but not blowing on the buds. Works for me, but I don’t expect everyone to do it the same way I do or “understand” why I do things this way. It’s just what I do...and the people that are gifted weed from me never seem to complain.

Volcanic soil is some of the best stuff around. The sun is important, but so is the soil.

HB.

Like the philosophy. I take the spray gun to my outdoor plants. Hose that shit down. Don’t really care if I knock a resin gland or three off. Dealing with fires and all sorts of resin sticky magnets. One good blast and allow to dry out for a day or so, then harvest.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Of course , and you ?

Any of you guys posting in this thread on a regular and dont enter or at least send a few buds for us Haze fanatics to sample are all talk and i wont ever let you forget it !

This isnt about winning its about Haze Heads getting together and sampling each others Haze's so we can all know what we are talking about instead of pics and someone's own opinions

I dont even care if its not an actual Haze category ( although that will be much better and we can see individual score sheets for tast/Highs/looks/smells etc etc from actual Haze fanatics)

6 months until the 420 cup , no excuses:tiphat:
Are you in mate.