What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"friends and contacts"

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i'm curious (as well as some other things, lol) about how others here deal with their "friends and contacts." i've been here a bit, and have noticed that many of those that contacted me RE friendship have disappeared over the years. do you folks delete them or ? it is not a problem as in "i aint gots no room for more names". i suspect that many others here (like myself)have "friends" that have gone quiet. i have several that i frequently disagree with on here on various subjects, but that is true of my real-life friends as well. being "friends" does not mean "we agree on EVERYTHING!":biggrin: one of my very few real-life friends left alive and i made the mistake of getting into a drunken argument RE firearms ownership, background checks etc that ended when he accused me of wanting to "supply killers with weapons of mass destruction" LOL. we did not speak to each other for over a year, yet if he had called in the middle of the night needing help, i would have gotten up and gone. wow, i wandered badly there! anyway- do you cull as they go silent? thanks...:tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Even old friends (and family) that you fall out with can bounce back in time - so I would not delete any of them - because you never know when you might be able to re-engage.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I wouldn't delete a contact/friend...unless they have deleted their membership.

I always give them time to apologize to me for being wrong.I'm not the kind of guy to rub their faces in it when they make the mistake of taking on a superior intellect.Ha-ha-ha.

Hey!I hear you guys snickering out there!Knock it off!

:biggrin::biggrin:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Even old friends (and family) that you fall out with can bounce back in time - so I would not delete any of them - because you never know when you might be able to re-engage.
i have a few that i know have passed on ,
but i dont feel good deleting them ,
im sure they are not bouncing back sadly ,
but just out of respect they can stay ....

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I accept anyone who requests a 'friendship' here, most easily it's one way to avoid being exclusive at all.

if/when anyone on my list gets to feudin' w/me I keep them on, it helps to keep an eye on 'em.

you know.......
u0CaT0f.jpg

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

Oh ya? Well what about jrelax there boss? :laughing:

I don't delete. Sometimes we have business to discuss, sometimes not. The way I see it is we're all on the same team here. I know I won't agree with some people on here. Especially on Global Warming. lol. Big deal. That's not really a problem. Cops knocking on your door is a problem. Pot plants getting ravaged by nature is a problem. But not agreeing on media's flavor of the day?... not a problem.

Dog Star

Veteran
Its good to delete some of them as some come in first place gently rubbing your balls
but later they backstab you or show their real face..

so i like those delete option,same rule worths for me... if you think am no any good then
hit a road bro,why we need to be friends if we dont respect each other..

Also ignore option is pretty OK so you dont need to read posts of person that creates
just more negativity in yourself,sucking your positive energy like a vampire..

P.S. Same as Donald i dont delete those that died and i knowed for them they are good people.. it looks to me as some bad
praxis no matter they will never come back to this reality.. am still know they exist and that is enough to keep them as a
friends forever..

armedoldhippy

Veteran
good replies on here. i was leaning toward keeping list intact. who knows why people go quiet? many reasons for that i suspect. to delete them would be disrespecting the reasons we became friends, in retrospect. i miss several of them badly, hope life has not been harsh...:huggg:

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
when I erase someone here or in my phone, it's as if that person totaly cease to exist for me, so I do not delete often ...

and for quiet members, safe or not, as Stardog says:
I am still know they exist and that is enough to keep them as a friends forever.

A died friend of mine always has is FB page, so strange, here but not really...

:tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
I definitely keep all on my list - they have all done me the honour of either requesting or accepting my friendship, so quiet or not it’s all good.
Let’s face it, some of us smoke weed so we’re likely to go quiet sometimes.....

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I never delete, it doesn't even occur to me.

The question of 'friends' did prompt me to review my list and miss those that are no longer here.

.... but the one name I clicked on was a poster banned in 2015, yet I noticed his last visit date was recently (Last Activity: 02-13-2019 06:06 PM), so hopefully a lot of missing friends are still here but remain hidden.:huggg:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I never delete, it doesn't even occur to me.

The question of 'friends' did prompt me to review my list and miss those that are no longer here.

.... but the one name I clicked on was a poster banned in 2015, yet I noticed his last visit date was recently (Last Activity: 02-13-2019 06:06 PM), so hopefully a lot of missing friends are still here but remain hidden.:huggg:

i began as a "lurker", i suspect at least a few may have reverted to that persona. :)

T

Teddybrae

Friends? Some want to see my private pictures and I never hear of them again. I message others and they don't reply. I sometimes worry there may be a narc seeking friendship to see what I 'm up to. I am ambivalent about internet friendship.

In real life, for me, friends are your needs personified. Here is different ... here is Cyber Space ...

troutman

Seed Whore
I try to message my contacts from time to time to stay in touch.

Some I message more because they are troublemakers and need more advice than others. :biggrin: