What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Landrace Grows & Seed Reproductions

Land

Thanks Malato, the high is quickly expansive, energetic, rather quick and I can feel it in the eyes.

Might I add that I flowered these on 11/13 under a 400 watt HPS.

meizzwang

great thread Land, thanks for putting this together!

Quick question about kumaoni: did you have a normal 50/50 female to male ratio, or did you have a high male to female ratio? I had an unusually high male to female ratio, but I suspect that's the luck of the draw. Doesn't really matter though, all of the genetic diversity was captured and preserved in seed form.

I also had poor germination on Nanda Devi (seeds acquired 2016), had 3 sprout from a 12 pack. From my experience, batches of seeds from the RSC varied in viability: seeds from their region of origin sometimes had very poor germination compared to seeds reproduced outside their region of origin, which consistently had 100% germination. However, a few varieties "from the wild" also had 100% germination.

Here's my nanda devi after a long cure:
45369416574_56c3903c0e_c.jpg

Land

Nice that look likes some good well preserved product, probably has a great effect with a nice cure too. Interestingly there are quite a few "blank" seeds that the Nanda grew in this seed run, the seeds that are pale and crush easily non viable. Anyways, I had probably a 60% male 40% female ratio on the Kumaoni out of a 12 pack that all 12 grew.

grayeyes

"Unfortunately its a clone line."

Why? Because you bought feminized seed. And you get to buy it again and again and again. Seed sellers love you for it. But you have to clone or go through unbelievable contortions to hermie then try and pollinate.

Solution: Quit supporting that. Buy regular seeds and grow those. On the long list of seed seller sponsors look at Ace if you want seeded Malawi. Then you can grow your own instead of clones.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
or go through unbelievable contortions to hermie then try and pollinate.
STS or Colloidal silver. :D No contortions necessary. ;)

Less than 100w of SIL lighting produced plenty of pollen from some small cuts of Tsue. :) I mix the pollen about 100:1 with toasted flour, as you can see from the single plastic pouch.

There's a link in my sig to a very reliable process using STS. :)

Attachments

• STS-Femmed-Tsue-Pollen-End-of-2018.jpg
    STS-Femmed-Tsue-Pollen-End-of-2018.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 34

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Great projects. What was your method of keeping the keralas that small in those relatively big pots?

grayeyes

Land,

Isn't the TRSC stuff amazing? I am definitely a fan having heard several great stories about success with his stuff.

For those not in the UK stay tuned.

Land

Keeping the Kerala Small

Keeping the Kerala Small

The genetics TRSC has to offer is the real deal. What a pleasure it is to be able to grow out different unique land race strains from around the world and experience the different characteristics they offer.

As for keeping the Kerala small, I started the seeds in early August outdoors in quart pots so they would start to flower right away by the time they were small seedlings. August where I am is when the nights can start getting cooler and days are getting shorter so by the time the Kerala had developed into a one month old seedling it was September - full blown flowering season.

The biggest contributing factors to the plants being so small I would have to say are (1)starting the seeds late, (2)cooler temps, (3)shorter days in late August and September.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
As for keeping the Kerala small, I started the seeds in early August outdoors in quart pots so they would start to flower right away by the time they were small seedlings. August where I am is when the nights can start getting cooler and days are getting shorter so by the time the Kerala had developed into a one month old seedling it was September - full blown flowering season.

The biggest contributing factors to the plants being so small I would have to say are (1)starting the seeds late, (2)cooler temps, (3)shorter days in late August and September.

That's a good method! I once did a similar thing growing a jamaican sativa on a windowsill during a sunny mediterranean winter. The temperature plays a big role! I have some chilly rooms in my apartment where I keep the plants during night time, I hope I can replicate to circumstances to some extent.

Land

Squatty - Yes I did see the Malawi Gold seeds recently on TRSC website. I wish I could have gotten a pack about a year ago! Definitely going to scoop up a pack or two in the future if possible though. Cheers!

Land

Grayeyes - The Malawi Gold was from SOA, not feminized. I had an accident when I germinated the 12 pack so just the one female survived. That female appeared to be pure with no hybridization when compared to when I bought more 12 packs from SOA of Malawi Gold after the accident but they were all hybrids. I would have made seeds but yeah anyways, that's why that Malawi mother I had was clone line only.

Land

Sinai Seed Reproduction

Sinai Seed Reproduction

Egyptian Sinai from TRSC, The best pheno's had a gassy/green big league chew/dates aroma that was on the sativa end of the phenos that foxtailed and also had the best resistance to mold. Some smelled woody/toffee and were more indica and the buds were much more leafy. Descent resin production. Unique mellow sativa high. All plants showed good branching and they finished super early, even with seeds they were done by September 2.

Seedlings

Mid flower on a random phenotype

Uncured product. Great aroma and bubblegum taste.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Land

Lebanese Seed Reproduction

Lebanese Seed Reproduction

Lebanese from TRSC, these plants are great. Two phenos stood out, the toffee pheno and the floral hash pheno, the rest were a mix of floral hashy aromas. They flowered in an interesting way, the tops would finish up while the bottom branches would start putting on a second flush of growth that was at least a few weeks behind the tops. I must say that the high from this pot is one of the most enjoyable I have ever smoked. Uplifting, not too heavy, it just makes me feel great, totally can smoke and function.

Cheers!

Breadwizard

Hey land, have you grown the Syria from TRSC? I picked up a pack but have seen precious little info or photos involving it, thoughts?

Land

Breadwizard - No I haven't seen anything on it. Make sure to post a picture when you grow them!

Land

Turkish Seed Reproduction

Turkish Seed Reproduction

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Turkish from TRSC, had a spicy herbal aromas. Descent resin production. Active high. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Decent resistance to pathogens. [/FONT]All plants showed strong branching and are very short staying under 3'. Early finish, even with seeds they were done by September 5.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vegetative growth[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preflowering plants[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flowering Plants[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Male flowers[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Seeded female flowers[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Land

Turkish smoke report

Turkish smoke report

Hi all! More thoughts on the Turkish as it cures. It has a tangy aroma that hasn't changed much since it was growing however it is taking on a subtle tangy coffee aroma. Flavor vaporized is reminiscent of the smell of fresh cut lumber. The dried flowers are greasy, very sticky.

Seeded flowers

Dried flowers and seeds

Cheers!