What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Read any good books lately?

El Jefe

I have been tearing up the classic novels in my library lately. "Wuthering Heights"=work of genius. How did I go 20yrs without it? Also read "crime & punishment", "don quixote", "catch-22" (one of my favs, read it a few times), & "love in the time of cholera"

Been reading "Anna karenina". My first Tolstoy and it is excellent.

Got any good suggestions??

N

noyd666

read catch-22 when it came out years ago, funny very funny book, lent it to someone and never got it back, they were talking about book on oz radio this morning of all things. yer good one.

El Jefe

Just checked that thread out, figures this ideas been done already haha. "Who built the moon" sounds like something I would like. I'll have to hunt for it @ the library.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
wilderness basics..sierra club... good brush up on stuff I had forgotten......time to get hiking

DAT

im finishing reading .. INSIDE by Michael Santos. Its freaking crazy insane brilliant inside storys about living and describing what its like inside the USA state Penitentiary's. The storys about gangtas motherfuckers and how the system creates these sick worlds is mind blowing. The characters the author describes are very colorful and disturbing. This book I could not put down it was very engaging and well written . THe author was in on a 45 year felony sentence for cocaine trafficking and tells how he was able to survive in a very neutral but honest voice. yall gots to read this motherfucka. its not for pussyassbitches 4 sure.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
While I was in Jail, I read some short stories by Jack Kerouac (sp?)...read Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.

ronbo51

Veteran
Anything by Hermann Hess, Siddhartha and The Glass Bead Game especially. The Only Dance There Is by Ram Dass. The Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

shithawk420

Veteran
On my second time reading hearts in Atlantis by Stephen king.I guess the first part of the book has to do with the dark tower series? I don't know but its a great book.why they made that shitty movie I don't know

LEF

Veteran
Ive read a while ago, viktor frankl, a mans search for meaning

Story of a holocaust survivor talking about stuff, meaning, how meaning in ones life can br a powerful force

I was recommended it by people who said its a feel good book

These days i am trying to read the rational male, but the text is so small, im not far into it

relic1981

Veteran
It's a must read for all cannabis enthusiasts , advanced political ,medical use. , and anyone involved in the Humboltd counterculture All cannabis use is healthy and healing. Jah bless

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gateway by Pohl is a short and exciting sci fi book. I do not like a lot of science fiction but this one reads like a thriller. From 1977 so you can get if for cheap.

Am reading Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, a true story of a Green Beret in Vietnam, in the Special Operations Group. Behind the lines operations in Cambodia, Laos. Written by the man himself, it is amazing he is alive to tell the tale.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
On my second time reading hearts in Atlantis by Stephen king.I guess the first part of the book has to do with the dark tower series? I don't know but its a great book.why they made that shitty movie I don't know

I'm currently rereading the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King, and yes there are crossovers with Hearts in Atlantis and Salem's Lot . . . maybe more, but I can't recall any off the top of my head.

B

bigganjabud

Mr nice - Howard marks
Silent scream - Charles Bronson
The jump- Martina Cole - for that matter anything she's done is OK
Donald goins wrote a lot of good books as well

Failing that the art of war by sun tzu is deffo one to read before you die!
(Try and find a copy with the denma translations though as its about 100 pages without them and its quite difficult to read otherwise!)

Stop the world I need to get off- Dave Courtney
Raving lunacy - Dave Courtney

Also there's a load of good free classic books on the kindle app lots of Dickens and Bronte as well all free!!!

I know this seems a lot but I go fishing most weekend s so its all bank time and travel fodder

shithawk420

Veteran
Hehe,i know all about sun tzu.greatest strategist of all time.if you guys havent already read it "book of five rings"by none other than Miyomoto Musashi is great as well.
i want to read the dark tower series as well.my local library is literally giving away tons of stephan king and james patterson books.i would take them all but i just dont have the time right now.

What did you think of hearts in atlantis blue blazer?did you see the movie with anthony hopkins?i never really was interested in stephen king till i read hearts.what a wonderful and confusing book.yeah i cried

B

bigganjabud

Five rings is that the other similar To art of war I've read something real similar