What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blumats, Airpots, soil, organic

M

maestroman22

Hey all! This is my first post and show after quite some time. I'll be posting pics when I figure out how to remove geotags; I know there are articles on how to do this and plan to use google. I'm just old and lazy.

Want to say thank you to all of those that contribute first-hand knowledge to this site. Without the patience you possessed to document, explain, and share, I wouldn't be where I am. Shout out to the Three Little Birds and all of those blumat nutcases out there (sunny).

Here it is....

Gear: Airpots
Blumats
1000 MH/HPS
700 cfm inline for cooltube
600 cfm inline for exhaust
550 cfm carbon scrubber
Titan environmental controller
Co2
Spray pack for foliar feedings
4x4 Secret Jardin

Medium: FFOF
Nutes: EJ Line, AACT's
Techniques applied: FIM, LST (X-Men Style)
Environment: 79 F, 22% RH
Strains: OG Strawberry Cough (from seed/Dinafem), Headband (from cut)
Light: 24/7 during veg, plan on 12/12
Reservoirs: 5g Commercial Grade Plastic bucket and a 27g Rubbermaid tote (black side and top). Using airstones to aerate both constantly. Have holes drilled through the top to allow the line through while being able to keep a top on the reservoirs.

I'm currently in the fourth week of veg (from when the seeds germed and sprouted). Growth has been super slow, but speeding up rapidly. The cuts I had gifted were taken during flower; I'm thinking this is why (the need to revert to veg) is what has slowed their growth. And the seeds, well kids, they're seeds. Plan on vegging another two weeks-maybe three. We'll see what the plants tell me.

Before the flip I plan to take cuttings of each of the four OGSC and one of the Headband to establish mothers. These will be kept in a homemade box under t-5s utilizing the wonderful bonsai mother method that can be found here on icmag.

I've used the LST method of training and fimmed the three headband cuts. Will FIM OGSC after more growth. Wanted to LST the headband as I've seen, heard, and read that she can be quite the stretchy beast. To counter this, bondage seemed appropriate. I'll also pair a decrease in N as I get closer to the flip.

M

maestroman22

My nute recipes are either directly from, or a variation of, the "three little bird" 3lb measurements. I don't want to take any undue credit. I've also ran straight AACT's in the past with great success. I generally mix it up between them all as my plants dictate. These are all either applied via blumats or spray. I'm a foliar feeding enthusiast despite my penchant for blumats.

Recipes
*Measurements are per gallon
Veg
1 to 2 TBSP grow
1 tsp bloom
1 tsp catalyst (or Blackstrap molasses)
Micro Veg
1-2 TBSP Grow
1 tsp Bloom
1 tsp Catalyst
1 tsp ****-K
1 tsp Microblast

Flower
1 TBSP EJ Grow
1 TBSP EJ Bloom
1 tsp Catalyst
Further into flowering:
1 TBSP EJ Bloom
1 tsp EJ Catalyst
Micro Flower Mix
1 TBSP Bloom
1 tsp Catalyst
1 tsp ****-K
1 tsp Microblast

Veg AACT
1 c worm casting
1/2 c sea kelp
1/2 c super tea
1 c rose meal
1/2 c bone meal
1 tbsp black strap molasses

Flower ACCT:
Banana peel
1/2 c super tea
1 tbsp blackstrap unsulphured molasses

On a weekly basis I also add neem to the foliar spray and/or res as a preventative measure.

Dr. Bronners Castile Peppermint Soap used as a surfactant

M

maestroman22

Thank you tokersmoke! I'm working on the pics now.

Be well!

LokiLoki

Hey maestroman22.

Good luck with the grow!
Regarding removing geotags, what kinda camera you using? If youre using a phone id highly recommend to remove those pictures and get a digital one and remove the Exif data.

Stay safe

M

maestroman22

Loki-Definitely was using a phone. However, I've determined that I need to use a cheap digital as you've mentioned. Will hopefully have some pics up before weeks end.

Checked the ladies this morning and all seems right in the world. 81F, 20%RH (thinking of getting a humidifier), and blumats are dialed in.

Going to flower the OGSC in 1L airpots as part of an experiment. This will give me a total of 7 ladies in the tent (way too many I believe). Due to the small size of the OGSC, I'm thinking space won't be too much of an issue. The Headband will be flowered in the 5g equivalent airpots. Again, cuts being taken within the next week or so...dependent on growth. I just want leave myself some time for the cuttings to root, or not root, before I flip the switch.

Next cycle will be 3-4 plants max, vegged into something just short of tree status. I really want to play with the space and try everything out. I'd love to just veg one monster eventually.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to sub or read. I'll be working on my posting abilities and pictures! Cheers!

M

maestroman22

Promise I'm working on the pics. Just busy as hell with life.

All are looking healthy.

Have switched to a 20/4 cycle for the week and will go to 18/6 in preparation for the flip. Topping OGSC next week. Using top cuts as clones. Will go directly into soil and placed under T-5. Using 1L airpots to establish new cuts which will be turned into moms.

Around a steady 82F with 30%RH.

M

maestroman22

Thanks Brass!

Unfortunately still no pics.

Had a "runaway" blumat while on vacation. Thankfully, it was only a 5 gallon res. No real harm to the girls.

Everything looking good. Headband is just itching to be flipped. Going to take cuts to establish Moms within the next week or so. Been busy with work etc. thus not keeping up with posts or pictures. Seriously, I'll try to get on it!

M

maestroman22

Well, everything is looking lovely.

Headband is phenomenal. Have them Lst'ed to cover the top of the 5 gallon equivalent airpot. Looking beautiful. Really wish I could post pics.

OGSC is recovering from a blumat issue I encountered while out for work. However, they are looking great and new growth is phenomenal.

Preparing to take cuts within two weeks (going to be gone for a week) to establish moms'. Then a week for recovery, and then into flower they go!

Steady at 82 F, 26%RH.

Introduced drip clean into the res to hopefully ensure there are no more mishaps. Additionally, I've been massaging the drip lines about every other day. Obviously, won't be able to do this during flower so I'm trying the drip clean to see if that works.

M

maestroman22

Wow. Life really gets in the way of my journals! LOL

First run went great. I'm still an idiot without a camera and a strong paranoia about pictures.

On the second run now and will add details later. Maybe even some pics.

Kozmo

Veteran
Hey maestroman22.

Good luck with the grow!
Regarding removing geotags, what kinda camera you using? If youre using a phone id highly recommend to remove those pictures and get a digital one and remove the Exif data.

Stay safe

What's with not using phones for pics? How would a guy remove Exif Data

Update on thread?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a program called Batch Purifier, it can clean anything from a single file to entire hard drive. I do not know if it works for phones, but I believe you can alter your settings. If you upload to IC or some image hosting websites, they remove meta-data for security or storage efficiency.

The problem with most phones is unless you alter settings to not include meta-data or delete it, there is enough information to lead someone directly to the location where the picture was taken.

Anyway. Looks like a great start, stoked for when you get around to posting peetchurs :)