What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC OVO's California Collective Pictures

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Greetings everybody,

I've been browsing IC for 4-5 years, just recently decided to share what I've been working on. I'm the head of a small collective out here in California. Most of the genetics I run are projects from my breeder, but I recently have gained some interest in other strains and may be branching out in the near future with some seed experiments.

I'll be updating this relatively frequently as things mature. I may even share some building, electrical, and nutrient information that I have. Feel free to ask any questions but don't be offended if there are some things I prefer to keep to myself. I don't like to divulge too much.

Here is some info on the current project at about 5-6 weeks in:

Genetics
This is a long flowering strain typically taking 9-10 weeks and sometimes even a little longer. It's working name is Marty McFly, but that may change in the future. It is a three-way cross of SFV OG x Golden Pineapple x Cindy 99.

Irrigation
- 1 HP Jet Pump
- 210G Reservoir
- Multifeed via 3/4" IPS, with 1/4" Drip Line to each plant

Soilless Mix
- Perlite
- Vermiculite
- FF Ocean Forrest
- Promix BX

Table of Contents

Round 1: Marty McFly: Finished, .805 GPW
Post #1: 5 Weeks into Flower
Post #7: 6 Weeks into Flower
Post #8: 6 Weeks into Flower
Post #12: 7 Weeks into Flower
Post #19: Purple Shark Shock Pheno Teaser!
Post #22: 8 Weeks into Flower
Post #28: 9 Weeks into Flower
Post #30: 10 Weeks into Flower
Post #31: 10 Weeks into Flower
Post #36: Harvest Day

Phenotype Hunt: Cali Connection 818 SOG, Mosca C99 BX-1, and Mr. Nice Critical Mass!
Post #32: Seeds have been germinated!
Post #33: Planted and Sprouted!
Post #50: 2 Weeks from seed = huge growth!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marty McFly: Finished: .805GPW.

6 Weeks
picture.php

7 Weeks
picture.php

8 Weeks
picture.php

9 Weeks
picture.php

10 Weeks
picture.php

Last edited:

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Hi IC OVO and welcome to icmag! Looking forward to more pictures! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, I will post some new pictures probably mid week. That should be about 7 days since the last ones were taken and it'll show the natural progression of this strain. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do in these last few weeks.

Mister_D

Veteran
Welcome to Ic, IC :biggrin:. I'm pulling up at chair for the show. How about some more information on how you grow, method, lights, nutes, temps, humidity, container size, media, etc.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to Ic, IC :biggrin:. I'm pulling up at chair for the show. How about some more information on how you grow, method, lights, nutes, temps, humidity, container size, media, etc.

Hey Mister, thanks for the questions. Here is a little more info for you:

Growing Style
This is a soiless drain-to-waste system. Soil is a custom mix of Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, Promix BX, Perlite, Vermiculite, and Mykos. Plants are all in 3 gallon buckets.

Veg
Plants were vegged for about 4 weeks until they reached a height between 48" - 54". All plants are topped at the same time when they were about 12" - 18" tall. They were only ever vegged under HPS lighting (besides T-5's during cloning). I start with only 1 or 2 lights and slowly add another every couple of days. I veg with a maximum of half the room's wattage capacity. When I flip to flower, I continue this schedule.

Lights
All lights are HPS Hortilux 1000W's run in Parabolic Vertizontal Hoods. The hoods have a 48" footprint, so they are very large. They also have no glass and are not air cooled. Right now the bulbs are mounted horizontally but I am thinking of switching a few to vertical next run and seeing how it goes. When I flip to flower I continue adding another light every few days until at maximum capacity.

Nutrients
Custom formula based off the Botanicare line, with additives from House and Garden, B'Cuzz, Advanced Nutrients, and the best product available (in my opinion), Agricultural Organics (Yellow Bottle).

Atmosphere
72 - 75F during the night and 75 - 79F during the day. Because of how full the room is, I've been erring on the side of caution when it comes to humidity. It runs about 50-60% at night and 35-45% during the day. Vegged with 800-900 PPM CO2 and flowered with 1200 - 1300 PPM.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
As I mentioned in the first post, I usually run in-house crosses but I've had my eye on a couple seed strains recently. Today Seedsman sent me an alert telling me everything I wanted was all in stock. I quickly logged on and got the following:

- Cali Connection 818 SOG
- Mosca C99 BX-1
- Mr. Nice Critical Mass

It only took about 30 minutes from the time I got the alert to the time I checked out, but the Mosca C99 was already down to the very last pack! I was able to get the last one on the shelf which I'm really happy about. Looking forward to throwing these 3 strains into my 2K watt R&D room and seeing what they can do! If I get any keepers I will definitely incorporate them into my main flowering space.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Gonna be stalkin this thread, those buds are a person with arthritis dream!

They look so easy to trim! Great grow

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Gonna be stalkin this thread, those buds are a person with arthritis dream!

They look so easy to trim! Great grow

Haha I know, they are a dream for anyone to trim! I have designated trimmers within the collective and they absolutely love trimming this strain. Sometimes they can do 3-4 lbs a day with perfect precision! They're so thankful to get the work also, it's really easy money compared to what they are used to trimming up north (either subpar indoors or huge leafy outdoors).

:thank you:

smilley

Veteran
Hello, I like Marty Mcfly. Is it a kush hybrid? How long to finish? Nice growing IC OVO....

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Hello, I like Marty Mcfly. Is it a kush hybrid? How long to finish? Nice growing IC OVO....

Hey Smiley,

Yes this is a Sativa Dominant Hybrid my breeder made some years ago. Marty McFly is more of a working name until it has something more permanent. It was recently reworked a little so we want to rebrand it so to speak. The lineage includes the original Golden Pineapple (Golden Kush x Skunk #1) from the Bay Area x SFV OG x Cindy 99. It is a long finisher taking 75-80 days, so this is actually the last run of it unfortunately.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Here is our very unique phenotype of Shark Shock coming out of a different room. Its going to get chopped this week, this is just the sample that is being sent off to the lab on Monday. This is not the same strain as the pictures i've been posting, I'd just thought you would enjoy the pics!

ya1uL.jpg

4Pwt9.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts