What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R2 strain

east_side

Hey everyone! Every year, most people get these outdoor crops of R2 they call it. Ive been trying to find that strain but it seams it be keeped quiet! It is very strong smell and is a good yield, it seems to be a local name for it. Im new around here and seems like i cant get to the bottom of this without help,

Thanks

Green Supreme

Veteran
There was a plant rolling around the BC lower mainland called R2 in the late 90's. Was very stanky, kinda like Rene. Peace GS

J

joejusttyped

Google tells me its a high potent afghan haze pheno that is mighty popular outdoors.

east_side

Thanks! I didnnt seem to fin anything on google! I got a couple cuts for my indore and i think im gona get good numbers!

F

fromhighfires

the origin of R2 a.k.a. (Are Too)

the origin of R2 a.k.a. (Are Too)

ladies and gentlemen....R2 is localized to ONLY north eastern Canada. its extremely potent and just as rare. people around here usually warn users not to smoke this strain while drinking or while driving. R2 arrived in new brunswick in 1999/2000 down through the french speaking acadian costal towns from quebec where it has been since 1992 in clone only form. R2, M39 and M33 all came together and were seed purchased through the super sativa seed company (now closed)
M39 is a catalogue name for Northern lights #5 x skunk....M33 was a catalogue name for Friesland (a.k.a. Freezeland) and R2 was the catalogue name for Northern Lights #2....the afghani dominant phenotype of a thailand haze afghani cross....phenotpye 2 is thought to have been lost...but it exists as the favorite strain grown in N/E canada...this plant can withstand light snow! hugeeeeeeeeeeee yeilds and the highest ice hash yielder iv personally ever seen at around 22%. i plan this year to send the most masterfully developed piece i encounter away for cannabinoid analysis.
in conclusion this is a 22 year old clone of northern lights #2 and it is without contest the most powerful marijuana strain that can be burned today!

Green Supreme

Veteran
The one I saw was backin in about '98. I don't have a hard time believing it could be that old. Peace GS

ps the strength part. Well everyone thinks the area they are in has the strongest marihuana, till they meet something stronger. This rarely happens cuz all their experience is in their own area.

mazar_man

Depends where your from but for sure there was a widely grown outdoor R2D2 around nelson bc late 90's/early 2000's... single cola pole plant just like the robot. Not sure if it was a clone or seedline originally, but a seedline was around toronto same period spread round by some nelson boyz

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola Community,

If I remember correctly it was part of the General G collection offered on Marc Emery's site back in the 90's/2000's and if you search that you should find the info you are after. It was a fast outdoor strain which I tried but never finished where I was at the time, as snow fall started early September:)

Saludos

RC_Colas

Apomixis

What a blast from the past.

‘General G’ from the Cannabis Culture seed listings always featured an assortment of Afghan varieties. Does anyone know this companies or breeders history? Been curious after all these years...

I'm gonna run s few of the R2 clone only this summer. Might actually chuck a little headbanger pollen onto one. What a cross that would be

q3corn

Any info on this strain's lineage? I came across some seeds labeled "R-2" and my understanding is that R2 was a clone-only plant. These may have come from Getaway Mountain, but I'm not totally sure as there's no breeder notes attached.

deach69

A staple in my area (Cap Pele NB), locals won't touch anything else, because nothing else is strong enough, supposedly. Still clone only, but you have to know somebody. Lot's of rumors on the srtain, I'll ask somebody who KNOWS someday soon, and report back :)