What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I Was There When...

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
Hello Everyone!

I was hoping this could be some kind of campfire story time thing:joint: So let's light up a few joints, sing koombyah, and share some interesting historical stories :abduct:

Let's hear from those that were really there! Who saw Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock? Who saw the Beatles' last show? Who saw the WTC crumble? Who saw the Berlin Wall come down? Who saw Obama get sworn in? Who saw Regan get sworn in? Who was there when Lincoln was assasinated, i dont know!? Anything!

Kinda like a smoke report or a grow report, maybe it could have a template? I'll start it off with one...

Event: George W. Bush getting sworn into office (the first time) :nanana:
Year: 2001
People involved: the devil himself, W
Story: I attended the event because in the DC metro area, schools had "Inauguration Day" so that we could go see it. We had just moved to the area so we went. We woke up early as hell and got on the Metro early early in the morning. We get there and its freezing rain and sleet. We eat a hot dog and stand on the Mall for like 4 hours. I watched via Jumbotron next to some hippy protesters haha

So, let's share! I'm dying to hear about some crazy things that you guys have been through/experienced! And pics are most certainly welcome! :joint:

ArcticBlast

K

KMK0420

GREAT idea for a thread!

Horrible story! haha, not YOUR story, but the fact that you actually went to see that bastard (aka the worst president in american history) get sworn in :p

ArcticBlast

Veteran
yeah, i know man, i know

I guess i can blame my parents though...i was 13! Plus, a day at high school is like a day without sunshine..

And i want to hear about the not so awesome things either (see:ArcticBlast's example) because those are gonna go down in history too!

ArcticBlast

Molson

Pretty sure we were all there when the twin towers got hit.. not likely to be a day I'll forget any time soon...

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Bought a gold bar in 2002 for $320 an ounce....Now its worth $950

Sold my Last Gold bar 2 days ago and I feel vulnerable with no gold :wallbash:

Suppose to go up near 1000.00 an ounce...thats ok..I'm happy with over 50% Gain in tax-free profit.

That's over 8% a year for Seven years,,not bad The Dealer says to me.

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
GREAT idea for a thread!

Horrible story! haha, not YOUR story, but the fact that you actually went to see that bastard (aka the worst president in american history) get sworn in :p

I think you may be mistaking Bush for Carter.....Anyway.....1986, cold as hell outside...I'm sitting in my mechanics shop waiting for my car to get inspected watching the Space Shuttle Challenger take off.The moment is frozen in time in my memory.

The new shuttle design was still a novelty so it was a big deal to see it take off.

The teacher stands out in my mind, Christa McAuliffe....sad day.

U

ureapwhatusow

Event: Phish plays NYE at Big Cypress Indian Reservation
Year: 1999
People involved: Trey, Mike, Jon, Page, Me, phriends and phamily
Story: I was there

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
Event: the dead hold a benefit concert for obama
year: 2008
who was involved: Mickey, bobby, phil, billy
story: well, hell if you can get the heads on board anybody can be president!

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Event: Jams at JFK - The Who, Santana, The Clash and The Hooters

Year: 1982

People involved: the entire C.S.G. crew (too numerous to mention) not to mention 100,000 or so of our closest friends. :D

Story: It was the farewell tour for JFK stadium and The WHO (The stadium was later condemned for having nuclear waste buried underneath the ground) and at that time plastics were allowed to be brought into the stadium, so we proceeded to bring in a 1/4 keg of MGD in milk jugs and had a blast.

The exposure to the the Fissile material may explain my odd behavior all these years.

Also, someone tossed an orange the size of a grapefruit (in Philly, imagine that) at the lead singer from The Clash in an effort to shorten their set and get the WHO onstage, he was none too happy.

P%7bhilly-Sept25-1982.jpg

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Event: Live 8 Rally and protest in Edinburgh.

Year: 2005

People involved: An estimated total of 225,000 people took part, making it the largest ever protest in Scotland and the largest ever anti-poverty protest in the UK.

On 2 July, the same day as the Live 8 concerts, a rally and protest march was held in central Edinburgh, the nearest major city to the Gleneagles venue for the G8 conference later that week.

489.jpg

C

CTSV

Event: Phish plays NYE at Big Cypress Indian Reservation
Year: 1999
People involved: Trey, Mike, Jon, Page, Me, phriends and phamily
Story: I was there

+1

Who gives a shit about a Bush or Obama event. They are all crooked, and liars.

rollinfatty

Event: Live 8 Rally and protest in Edinburgh.

People involved: An estimated total of 225,000 people took part, making it the largest ever protest in Scotland and the largest ever anti-poverty protest in the UK.

On 2 July, the same day as the Live 8 concerts, a rally and protest march was held in central Edinburgh, the nearest major city to the Gleneagles venue for the G8 conference later that week.

489.jpg

Event: Live 8- Philadelphia , PA, USA
People involved: Estimates around ~million people came , open event so there were no tickets.
Notes: It was a great time except for overcrowding, pretty chill place, lots of people were medicating and having a good time socializing with others. Great experiences.

wowo, some of the shows you guys have been to are awesome!!!!!

I wish I had seen phish at big cypress, I did go to Langerado last year though, it was fuckin awesome

ArcticBlast

Veteran
Word, word, really good guys! I wish i went to some of those shows!
I have to spread around rep before giving it to a couple of people up there!

mpd, always interesting to hear from a right wing smoker, definitely spices up conversations!

ArcticBlast

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I'm not right wing. That would imply balance and a sagacious commitment to truth, honor and the American way.

I'm a communist through and through. Hail to the Chief! Oh, wrong government. Seig Heil! Oops, wrong again.

Kamerad!

Word up, AB. You might be the opposite of me but we are still part of the big sameness - the One, baby and I loves ya!

I don't smoke. Lots of women have asked me that, "MPD do you smoke after sex?" "I dunno," I say. "I never checked before."

I imbibe. Smoking is so blase these days.

L

LolaGal

Witness to the Challenger explosion!

I was living in Daytona Beach, one morning I looked up at the sky and saw the Space Shuttle Challenger explode! I did not know what it was at the time. Stuff was flying everywhere. Corkscrews of jet contrails everywhere. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen in person.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
I was here...:pimp3:...and I was 'wasted'

Attachments

• WB8020.jpg
    WB8020.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 220px-JanisJoplin60s.jpg
    220px-JanisJoplin60s.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 38

madrecinco

Veteran
I was there at the parade in 63 when John Kennedy got shot....I was living in Dallas at the time 14 years old and they let the schools out to see the parade. I used to go to that theater in Oak Cliff where Oswald killed that cop. My first child was born in Parkland Hospital where Kennedy died.

Was a sad day for Dallas. First assassination on TV....not to mention when Oswald was shot at DPD! Must be a dirty cop let Ruby in. Ruby owned a strip joint named The Carousel.... He was Cosa Nostra connected and make ya wonder if mafioso was involved. I never bought the story they postulated in those days.

madrecinco

Veteran
Witness to the Challenger explosion!

I was living in Daytona Beach, one morning I looked up at the sky and saw the Space Shuttle Challenger explode! I did not know what it was at the time. Stuff was flying everywhere. Corkscrews of jet contrails everywhere. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen in person.

I was in Tampa when it exploded....but you could still see it well when it blew up....was a very cold day for sunny Florida!

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
You don't take the mob's money and the mob's influence and then allow your brother to start prosecuting union officials and expect to live. Unions are the property of the mob and anyone who thinks different is just tilting windmills whilst they tempt fate.

Kennedy tried to have it both ways (like someone else we know) and paid the price. There's a lesson there if anyone wants to have one...

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
You don't take the mob's money and the mob's influence and then allow your brother to start prosecuting union officials and expect to live. Unions are the property of the mob and anyone who thinks different is just tilting windmills whilst they tempt fate.

Kennedy tried to have it both ways (like someone else we know) and paid the price. There's a lesson there if anyone wants to have one...

Yes but good, bad or indifferent, will they stand up ?

That is the question.

back on topic/ :D

Latest posts

Latest posts