What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bong or high end vape for best stone???

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
no matter how expensive the vaporizer, it's still a vaporizer. I know it works for some people but I don't even get high from vaping. I need to take a nice big hit of kief or hash. Can't beat the taste. Can't beat the high. When i vaped I was left wanting to get high..so i smoked some flower. Bong is the way to go if you smoke flower and don't want to vape. Although, smoking flower is a lot of combustible material. Seems unnecessary. Could just smoke kief or hash and throw away the horrible leafy material.
The expensive vapes allow selecting an accurate temperature. Not sure what temp the low end ones use. For taste I start at 200C and work upto 220C to get all the THC out.

Someone said dabbing was same, but it is burning and harsh on lungs. Main reason I vape is it is much healthier. Never cough up crap or hear wheezing noise breathing. Most dabbing I have seen wants extreme temps with a torch.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I used to dab quite a bit and I know what you mean.

I found that lower temperature coupled with a carb cap would be much more enjoyable but even with that approach I was wheezing.

These days dabs are usually to be avoided by myself but if I need to sit down and do nothing but stare at a wall I might do a couple.

PiterDest

I totally get what you're saying about dabs. They can be pretty intense and sometimes a bit much on the lungs. Low temp with a carb cap is definitely the way to go if you're into that scene, but I hear you on the wheezing issue.
Have you considered a high-end vape as an alternative? These devices come with temperature control, excellent vapor production, and even customizable settings for different kinds of concentrates or flowers. The advantage here is that you can dial in the perfect temperature for your material, potentially making for a smoother, more enjoyable experience.

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Disrespectful?

For the thousands of years of man's stewardship of the plant we have been "combusting" cannabis.

Now, only people who can support China through the purchase of plastic gadgets are being respectful of the plant...?

Millennia of disrespect until technology got around to allowing us to respect the plant?

What a brave new world.

This calls for a joint.

limegreenlimey

Vape for weed, bong for hash

Not all vapes are created equal. I like a big (bong style) hit and sipping vapes don't do it for me. I favour bag vapes. Big lungful of milk!

Mostly though, I smoke hash bongs. Tiny hits. I get through hardly anything a week and am still usually high, when I don't have to be at work. Saves me a fortune!

psyphish

Veteran
Vape for weed, bong for hash

Not all vapes are created equal. I like a big (bong style) hit and sipping vapes don't do it for me. I favour bag vapes. Big lungful of milk!

Mostly though, I smoke hash bongs. Tiny hits. I get through hardly anything a week and am still usually high, when I don't have to be at work. Saves me a fortune!

Have you tried "ball vapes"? They're the heaviest hitters. I don't really have space for one, but will get one if weed ever gets legalized lol.

limegreenlimey

Have you tried "ball vapes"? They're the heaviest hitters. I don't really have space for one, but will get one if weed ever gets legalized lol.
No though I have tried a "heavy extraction" vape called a VripTech wand. The quality is amazing. The problem with it is that glassware, heat and clumsy stoners are not often a good mix. The ball vapes look great but I still have safety concerns (again, because I am clumsy).

The Dynavaps are worth a try. You can get good thick clouds out of them. They're cheap and you can use them outdoors. I haven't tried one with the heavy vapcap and an induction heater, which looks like the best option. A Dynavap is my go to for hitting weed when I am out for a walk.

psyphish

Veteran
No though I have tried a "heavy extraction" vape called a VripTech wand. The quality is amazing. The problem with it is that glassware, heat and clumsy stoners are not often a good mix. The ball vapes look great but I still have safety concerns (again, because I am clumsy).

The Dynavaps are worth a try. You can get good thick clouds out of them. They're cheap and you can use them outdoors. I haven't tried one with the heavy vapcap and an induction heater, which looks like the best option. A Dynavap is my go to for hitting weed when I am out for a walk.

I use the Dynavap almost daily, I have an induction heater which makes it really fast and easy. Still, sometimes I feel like the bowl is a little too small. There's also The Anvil and Dani vape which are similar to Dynavap, but supposedly hit harder, no experience with those.

420PyRoS

Been vaping, dabbing, bonging, jointing and of course a mix match of hash dabs/oil, vapes, Bong rips, joints etc.

Bongs, hands down win with any combo. Joints second with any combo.

Vapes, idk, there's always something missing in the high. Prob the carbon monoxide and getting that light headed/body dizziness and narcotic feeling. I still get ripped on vaping, but there is a component missing as opposed to burning. Taste is generally Supreme-o but ive had good cured weed taste great in a joint/Bong so its moot.

Dabs are the same I find with shatter etc, just something missing. Mostly get head highs as opposed to body stones.

Oil always tastes like shit to me. Same head high as shatter/vape.

As much as I like to vape. It's convenient but I can't stand the "high" as its just lacking. Sure I can vape more and more, but the head high just gets stronger until you're like, fuck... wish I bonged.

I'm also an indica stoned biased fool so I couldn't comment on the sativa side of things.

psyphish

Veteran
Been vaping, dabbing, bonging, jointing and of course a mix match of hash dabs/oil, vapes, Bong rips, joints etc.

Vapes, idk, there's always something missing in the high. Prob the carbon monoxide and getting that light headed/body dizziness and narcotic feeling. I still get ripped on vaping, but there is a component missing as opposed to burning. Taste is generally Supreme-o but ive had good cured weed taste great in a joint/Bong so its moot.

Dabs are the same I find with shatter etc, just something missing. Mostly get head highs as opposed to body stones.

As much as I like to vape. It's convenient but I can't stand the "high" as its just lacking. Sure I can vape more and more, but the head high just gets stronger until you're like, fuck... wish I bonged.

I'm also an indica stoned biased fool so I couldn't comment on the sativa side of things.

Last time I took a snap out of a bong I almost threw up, the taste and smell kept me nauseous for a good while, plus the added paranoia of neighbors being able to smell the smoke didn't help (they started coughing almost instantly). Just an all around unpleasant experience and I don't know how I was able to smoke for so many years. I can't really comment on the lacking high, the vape high is all I know/remember now and don't really feel like I'm missing anything... can always take a few milliliters of tincture with the vapors.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Last time I took a snap out of a bong I almost threw up, the taste and smell kept me nauseous for a good while, plus the added paranoia of neighbors being able to smell the smoke didn't help (they started coughing almost instantly). Just an all around unpleasant experience and I don't know how I was able to smoke for so many years. I can't really comment on the lacking high, the vape high is all I know/remember now and don't really feel like I'm missing anything... can always take a few milliliters of tincture with the vapors.
My goodness, maybe you should stick to milk and cookies!:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

limegreenlimey

I use the Dynavap almost daily, I have an induction heater which makes it really fast and easy. Still, sometimes I feel like the bowl is a little too small. There's also The Anvil and Dani vape which are similar to Dynavap, but supposedly hit harder, no experience with those.
I have heard anvil and dani good, and that dynavaps own "The Armoured" cap (order separately) is as good or nearly as good.

limegreenlimey

I think the problem with vapes isn't the lack of high. I get high as a kite. It's the lack of STONE: the absence of "bottom". But it does taste so good

I am not convinced by the carbon monoxide argument that is circulated. Perhaps it is correct but ... Hmmm... Not convinced! Largely because I have found more bottom when extracting thicker vape milk. Not the same as smoking but much more so than light vape. So I think maybe the stonier chemicals in weed may simply be harder to extract with a vape. Maybe I should extend my "science" by trying a rapid extracting ball vape? 🙈😂

goingrey

I think the problem with vapes isn't the lack of high. I get high as a kite. It's the lack of STONE: the absence of "bottom". But it does taste so good

I am not convinced by the carbon monoxide argument that is circulated. Perhaps it is correct but ... Hmmm... Not convinced! Largely because I have found more bottom when extracting thicker vape milk. Not the same as smoking but much more so than light vape. So I think maybe the stonier chemicals in weed may simply be harder to extract with a vape. Maybe I should extend my "science" by trying a rapid extracting ball vape? 🙈😂
You are correct in that some psychoactive compounds have higher boiling points therefore may remain in the ABV.

But also, carbon monoxide is not the only chemical produced during pyrolysis, and some of them are also psychoactive, like beta-carbolines.

All that said... When I was a heavy smoker with a high tolerance I used to think vaping didn't do it at all. Now that I'm not, I find the high much closer between the two methods. Even though I still smoke, just not heavily. I do also have better vapes than I did back then, maybe that plays a part as well.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Cannabis hardware flowerpot has been super good, I find you can get similar to smoke but you need much more than a small amount ime. If you use the same amount as you would for a joint it's comparable but no dirty feeling in the lungs and all that you get with smoking so you miss part of that vibration but for me I just add more to the vape and consume it all, say about a half gramme at a time to a bowl, not enough load another. Problem is having to take so many hits to empty the bowl, say about 6-7 versus one or two with the bong. Ball vapes are supposed to take care of that problem but haven't tried them out yet to find out.

Latest posts

Latest posts