What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rosin Chips & Already Pressed Hash

Ronin710

Hey everyone! I've been saving up my Rosin Chips and Already Pressed Hash for over a year now. I've got close to a pound of rosin chips and about a half pound of already pressed hash. I can 100% tell there is resin all over all of the product. I've been thinking of just using a coffee grinder and grinding down all the rosin chips and pre pressed hash. My goal is to make edibles with it but I'm guessing you're starting to see my problem lol. I've got quite a bit of product to work with and can't figure out the best method. I'm a seasoned smoker so I'd definitely like the end result to be potent, not forcing me to eat a ton of edibles. I haven't attempted to make edibles in probably over 10 years so I'm a little ignorant when it comes to what I should be doing.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Also is there any way of refining something like a coconut oil infused THC concoction? To make it more potent?

Any help, knowledge or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hey everyone! I've been saving up my Rosin Chips and Already Pressed Hash for over a year now. I've got close to a pound of rosin chips and about a half pound of already pressed hash. I can 100% tell there is resin all over all of the product. I've been thinking of just using a coffee grinder and grinding down all the rosin chips and pre pressed hash. My goal is to make edibles with it but I'm guessing you're starting to see my problem lol. I've got quite a bit of product to work with and can't figure out the best method. I'm a seasoned smoker so I'd definitely like the end result to be potent, not forcing me to eat a ton of edibles. I haven't attempted to make edibles in probably over 10 years so I'm a little ignorant when it comes to what I should be doing.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Also is there any way of refining something like a coconut oil infused THC concoction? To make it more potent?

Any help, knowledge or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Put the kief back in...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I make edibles with all my rosin chips. Don't grind them up. It just makes a mess. You can see that most of the good stuff is right on the surface anyway.

I tried doing a half pound at a time and it it too much. I found that I had to do it in 1/4 pound batches.

Take 4 oz of chips and put them on a cookie sheet and in the over at 240F for 40 (or however you like to decarb).

Put 2 sticks of unsalted butter in a large crock pot and let it melt. Add chips and enough water to cover them.

Cook for as long as you can. I usually go a full day. I would go 2 but I don't like leaving it on overnight so I get up early and put them on. Then, last thing at night, I strain them. About 10 hours. I stir often because the chips will lay flat on top of each other and they need stirred.

The chips 'melt' so it is very difficult to squeeze the butter out. I am old and fucked up with arthritis so I can not squeeze with my hands. Cheesecloth with 2 sticks in a twisting motion will work. I simply put it in a butter press I made and press it with the same shop press that I use to make the rosin. I usually get 85 to 90% of the butter back this way.

Let it sit overnight and the butter will harden on top.

Drain the water and put the butter in a pan with more water. Heat it up enough to blend it together and then remove from heat and refrigerate to harden again.

Then, wash it again and again until the water comes out clean.

This rosin chip butter is dirty as hell and tastes like shit so you want to get it as clean as possible.

Then, use the butter to make something strong like cinnamon cookies or something else with a pretty strong taste.

I also have extreme tolerance issues and I hate to have to eat an entire tray of brownies just for a buzz. This makes it about as strong as I can with what we have to work with.

Good luck... :)

MrBungle

i break up my rosin chips and infuse the oil into food grade vegetable glycerine... the chips are already decarbed from the rosin pressing process... once the glycerine is done you can make all sorts different edibles and drinks.... cause vegetable glycerine is water soluble.... my favorite is gummies

Stellarpandaz

Soak in everclear or pure-grain you want to avoid heavy metals at all cost u can soak them in a mason jar & even get 3to4 pulls off the same chips put a few coffee filters over the mouth using the rings to strain.. then your just a few steps away from RSO..

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Soak in everclear or pure-grain you want to avoid heavy metals at all cost u can soak them in a mason jar & even get 3to4 pulls off the same chips put a few coffee filters over the mouth using the rings to strain.. then your just a few steps away from RSO..
RSO is NOT made from "spent" cannabis!!!

smoke4fun

50-70 grams of rosin chips to 1 stick of butter (30 grams of hash chips) in the crock pot on low for an hour and then keep warm for another 30 min. stirr often and when done strain through cheese cloth or i use a large piece of silkscreen 45u.

Decarbs while cooking in the crock pot and no need to add water to your butter.

works for me and my friends.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Theres a few more steps from there but there honestly is alot of good stuff left in their when rosin is pressed your not decarbing it if your doing it right..people can make clear with the "spent" chips..
May I suggest you research RSO and its constituents :) Moderatly high THC and high CBD. If you pressed the good stuff out, you will have diluted cannabis oil, not RSO.

Stellarpandaz

May I suggest you research RSO and its constituents :) Moderatly high THC and high CBD. If you pressed the good stuff out, you will have diluted cannabis oil, not RSO.

FECO/RSO is what you get from soaking the chips & evaping the alcohol off input quality just affects yields not potentcy. Could show folks clear made from trim&recycled chips & clear made from shatter nobody could tell the difference.

Gry

Stellar, the poster is not contesting the fact that one can extract viability from chips.
What they are telling you is that fresh clean material is used on loved ones
with health issues...

Stellarpandaz

Stellar, the poster is not contesting the fact that one can extract viability from chips.
What they are telling you is that fresh clean material is used on loved ones
with health issues...

ahh i see my bad for the mix-up. Imo if the material to begin with is clean green & organic then i dont see the harm in it being labeled & used as medicine. Now if it has Avid sprayed all over it thats a diff story. But if its clean & test out just as good in the lab then what is the harm?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
ahh i see my bad for the mix-up. Imo if the material to begin with is clean green & organic then i dont see the harm in it being labeled & used as medicine. Now if it has Avid sprayed all over it thats a diff story. But if its clean & test out just as good in the lab then what is the harm?
... perhaps English is not your primary language. So I will take the time to explain. Rosin chips are used in recipes all the time @ a rate of 4 to 1. e.g if a recipe calls for 7g cannabis then, it requires 28g of chips to equate to 7g of fresh flowers, as they have already rendered the majority of their goodness. Yes there are still some goodies left but not to make RSO.

Rick Simpson oil is a medicine. It contains moderately high TCH but loaded with CBD. It has a similar process, and that is where it should remain. Call your oil cannabis oil, hash oil or whatever floats your boat. Calling it RSO made from basically waste, is not only mis-information, it is sacrilege.

Latest posts

Latest posts