What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpenes for edibles

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
some of you guys have high (compared to me) tolerances or there is something else at play...

Agreed. I vape a lot of oil (300-400mg THC) per day, but 100mg of edibles just makes me stupid. I like 50-75mg personally.

They must have put the box on a turtles back because UPS says it will take 8 days to deliver?????? WTF, I could walk that far in 8 days. LMAO

Did they send it via Uninterested Procrastinating Sherpas????

Ringodoggie

Premium user
LMAO.... really, everyone is faster than UPS. I ordered a vape from California at the same time I ordered these terps and the vape will be here Monday via USPS.

I have been spending time at F*Combustion and they are converting me so I am vaping more rosin than ever before and smoking less and less. I guess that's a good thing. LOL None of it gets me high anyway. LOL Just ate a cap (.5g rosin) and a brownie I made from chips yesterday.

I can't wait to get the terps. I bought a variable pipette (10ul-100ul) so I should be able to get the proportions pretty close.

I am anxious to find my "mix". Surely there has to be some combination of terps and CBD and THC and Limonene this and lemonade that that hits my nail right on the head.

Thanks again for all the input. I'm sure I'll have a few questions when everything arrives.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
While I'm waiting for the tortoise to arrive, I got to wondering.... how, exactly do they separate the terps from one another? I did some searching and all the results were about extraction of terps, not separation.

Does anyone know how do they actually separate the terps?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, the tortoise should be rounding the corner in Omaha about now. LOL

I saw a seller on Ebay who is selling this same brand and they guarantee 3 day delivery. :)

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, I see a giant brown tortoise coming down my street. LOL

I also bought a micro pipette that measures 10ul to 100ul so I should be able to get the recipe pretty close.

I don't think it matters which blend I try. I'll pick one and break it down to ul portions and mix up a gram of rosin today.

I'll post the recipe when I'm done and see if you think I am converting it right. I have been doing drugs for 50 years and never OD'd. I don't want to OD on terps. LOL

Also, you need to change your nic to.... "Mr. Terpene". LOL

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Moving this up so I don't have to go hunting for it again....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sativa

β-Myrcene (59.63%) 1.788 ml
α-Pinene (17.39%) 0.522 ml
DLimonene (9.94%) 0.298 ml
β-Pinene (6.21%) 0.186 ml
Caryophyllene (5.59%) 0.167 ml
Linalool (1.24%) 0.037 ml

Hybrid

β-Caryophyllene (57.14%) 1.714 ml
DLimonene (22.98%) 0.689 ml
β-Myrcene (8.70%) 0.260 ml
Linalool (5.59%) 0.167 ml
β-Pinene (3.73%) 0.111 ml
α-Pinene (1.86%) 0.055 ml

Hybrid

DLimonene (45.05%) 1.351 ml
Caryophyllene (21.62%) 0.648 ml
Linalool (14.41%) 0.432 ml
β-Myrcene (8.11%) 0.243 ml
β-Pinene (7.21%) 0.216 ml
α-Pinene (3.60%) 0.108 ml

Indica

DLimonene (31.41%) 0.942 ml
β-Myrcene (23.72%) 0.711 ml
Linalool (18.59%) 0.557 ml
Caryophyllene (14.74%) 0.442 ml
β-Pinene (7.69%) 0.230 ml
α-Pinene (3.85%) 0.115 ml

So, how much terp (in ul or ml) should I put in a gram of rosin? The above recipes make 3ml which is way too much for 1 gram of rosin (I think).

[/FONT]

Ringodoggie

Premium user
The tortoise has landed. LOL

Unfortunately, they didn't ship the Beta Pinene so we'll have to make our blend without it. We do have the other 5 terps. Think that will make much difference?

I am going to get setup and practice with this pipette. Looking forward to knowing how your hat tastes. LOL

I'm guessing you'll still notice a difference even without the pinene. The two that I've tried so far that have made big differences are beta caryophyllene and limonene.

The limonene I have is pure but I'm getting the beta caryophyllene from clove oil so expect yours to work better. Can't wait to hear your results.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I'm guessing you'll still notice a difference even without the pinene. The two that I've tried so far that have made big differences are beta caryophyllene and limonene.

The limonene I have is pure but I'm getting the beta caryophyllene from clove oil so expect yours to work better. Can't wait to hear your results.

How much terp are you adding to how much rosin?

2ml limonene and 1ml clove oil mixed with 1g rosin.

Definitely not as accurate as waterfarmfam, but to be honest I was waiting for your results before I go distilling more terps.

Just be careful with the limonene if you're not capping it. Can be pretty bad in your mouth and really terrible if it gets into your sinuses.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I'll be putting it in caps if that's the best way. I usually mix a tiny bit of lecithin and coconut oil in. I wonder if I should leave those out this time.

Bummer, the tips I bought don't fit the pipette. :( I just ordered more.

Here's my recipe for today. I am going to start with half the amount of terps you used. Is that a waste or are terps personal like cannabinoids. One man's enough is another man's too much.

1 gram rosin
1.5ml terps as follows

Sativa

β-Myrcene 905ul --- (63.54%)
α-Pinene 264ul --- (18.53%)
DLimonene 151ul --- (10.6%)
Caryophyllene 85ul --- (6.0%)
Linalool 19ul --- (1.33%)

TOTAL 1.42ml (100%)

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I'll be putting it in caps if that's the best way. I usually mix a tiny bit of lecithin and coconut oil in. I wonder if I should leave those out this time.

Bummer, the tips I bought don't fit the pipette. :( I just ordered more.

Here's my recipe for today. I am going to start with half the amount of terps you used. Is that a waste or are terps personal like cannabinoids. One man's enough is another man's too much.

1 gram rosin
1.5ml terps as follows

Sativa

β-Myrcene 905ul --- (63.54%)
α-Pinene 264ul --- (18.53%)
DLimonene 151ul --- (10.6%)
Caryophyllene 85ul --- (6.0%)
Linalool 19ul --- (1.33%)

TOTAL 1.42ml (100%)

Bro, this is waaayyy too much terps to consume in a single session. I would start at at 1/10-1/5 of that or .1ml-.2ml max to start.

Beta Pinene is not very dominate and you should be fine in testing without it. You can also measure by weight, and they do not have to be exact, but close with ~5%.

Hat for bat, not for eating...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
OK, how's this...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 gram rosin
0.15ml terps as follows

Sativa

β-Myrcene 91ul --- (63.54%)
α-Pinene 26ul --- (18.53%)
DLimonene 15ul --- (10.6%)
Caryophyllene 9ul --- (6.0%)
Linalool 2ul --- (1.33%)

TOTAL 143ul or 0.143ml (100%)

OK, I'll get to mixing.....

Thanks again.

EDIT: What do you think about adding the lecithin and coconut oil after I decarb it before I add the terps?

And, I presume we add the terps while the rosin is still around 120F to 140F?

Thanks
[/FONT]

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
EDIT: What do you think about adding the lecithin and coconut oil after I decarb it before I add the terps?

And, I presume we add the terps while the rosin is still around 120F to 140F?

I usually add around 30% (to shatter ratio) coconut oil and a decent amount of lecithin to all my edibles. I think it helps.

I heat my oil to ~140F, take off heat and mix in terpenes just using a stirring rod to blend.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
OK, all done. First time with the pipette so I'm not 100% sure on it but I think I am spot on. I must say, a gram of rosin is done decarbing in just a few minutes on the hotplate. It bubbles like crazy for a few minutes and then the bubbles all but stop. I go a few minutes more and no more. I hope I am getting a 100% decarb. Sure seems quick compared to the 40 minutes in the oven. Temp on the hotplate is always under 300F and usually about 210 to 250F.

I'll be back in an hour. Get some salt for your hat. LOL

Latest posts

Latest posts