What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bitcoin Talk

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm here to help anybody use bitcoin..

start by downloading the most popular bitcoin wallet app. it's called "blockchain"...

if you buy bitcoin to pay for seeds..there is a small chance you might make a few pennies too..bitcoin jumped from 500$ each to over 4000$ in the last few months..

after simply "looking into" bitcoin to pay for seeds offered from breeders retail I ended up earning more moñey than I ever have in a single year...

bitcoin...daaaaaam right!!

anyone needs help..im here to help

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm also available to talk development of blockchain payment and finance services

any ethereum developers in da house ?...vitalik rules

zamzia

Veteran
Hey fella! How you doing?

I've had a very brief read about bitcoin, but admit I can't get my head around something that has nothing supporting it's value. But then again, currency is a bit dogshit. I'm pulling up a chair to listen and hopefully learn.

Cheers ER my man

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bitcoin is just one name or term you know bro...this is where shit gets real....

The backbone of bitcoin is an idea ..its an idea of decentralized economy's in the future ..and this is the seed that grew from the 2007 economy crash ...blockchain ledger technology and a new age of fintech was fosterd ..

this is when you start to realise it's no joke this digital currency shit...bro...check this shit out..its changing the world right now bro!!..

when you look deeper it IS actually backed by something real unlike the USD.. .previously I would have said the GBP too but they implemented blockchain fintech into UK currency on the release of the new digital polimer notes .

bitcoins experimental success has innitated the largest redistribution of assets in history..an everyone can grab a chunk of the pie right now...no shit!!..fukin Venezuela just made it there national currency..its been the most expencive currency in the world for over 2 years nearly now...its crazy atm bro..an it's only getting crazier..let me explain..lol

in a few weeks bitcoin gold is coming from a new hard fork and segwitx2 is about to increase the network size....its making out at 5000$ and it's clunky now..when it upgrades it's going to dip then explode... the wallstreet big boys get turned on this week with ledgerx..its about to poo off bro..it just became cool to trade bitcoin..

THE EXPLANATIONS.....WHY IT IS REAL..NOW!!

bitcoin was invented by this dude ..hes an internet ghost called shatoshi. he wrote this whitepaper called "Bitcoin a decentralized transaction network". or some shit like that ... anyways , in reaction to the 2007 market crash shitoshi proposed this legendary white paper.......anyeays 2017 and the crypto currency stuck and it's 3500 a bitcoin now..

McAfee said something very interesting lately when he was visiting china ...it cost a bitcoin miner 1000 dollars to produce a single bitcoin..it will never drop below 1000$ a bitcoin because thats what it cost to make...unlike dollar bills

this is because the computation power needed to solve the cryptographically problem that the bitcoin network presents (that is mining) ,, is actually valued in the reward for solving the problem itself in the form of the bitcoin ..

the weird thing is that bitcoin itself is actually a solution code ..this "solution code" is worth money..data is money ...and that's the blockchain system ..its the digi ledger thats about to replace oldscool system's..its how your online banking now works,,,it's called "push settings" and "smart contracts" ...

geez bro..smart contracts and ethereum are taking over bitcoin too... the current gov instertutions jumping on the bsndwaggon with etherium ..youtub this set of keywords if you want to know more .. Vitalik disrupt..

Bitcoin is underpinned by a concept called decentralised p2p economics . the underlining tech is called blockchain technology and when it's partnered with a ledger it becomes a full on decentralised economy

check it out yourself bro an see if it's too much to bother with..i caught the brain virus ..im fuked ..save yourself before it's too late ..lol

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anybody can download the bitcoin client software and devote processing power to supporting the network and be a miner themselves earning themselves some money that they can spend on Amazon..since Amazon is about to start accepting Bitcoin

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jP Morgan's Jamie Dimon compared it to the tulip craze in Amsterdam years ago..

The weird thing is JP Morgan are in the enterprise ethereum alliance and openly bought CFD's and advised bitcoin purchases too..that was the day after JP Morgan tried to crash bitcoin value only to bulk buy in the next day ..lol..

this is the new world bro..even Putin is listening to a 23 year old kid with a unicorn t shirt on..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a crypto mining rig is littraly a pc or android device..rasbery pi. etc...that runs mining software...miners are asked to support the network by distributing the open ledger that validates and records every transaction on the network..this open distributed ledger is the basis for decentralized economies ..

so a prospecrive miner would purchase a "mining rig" the rig solves cryptographic problems and the solutions are worth money ...

it's actually more simple than it feels at first..lol

CrossBones

But, after going thru that transaction now.. I think I do understand this rig mentality, Every transaction made has to be mined, and I have to pay a small variable fee to be mined, so in sense if my rig mined that transaction, I get the mining fee.. Lots of transactions need to be processed, Damn, I need a fully automatic hands off rig setup... Low cost of course

idiit

Veteran
I've got 15% of my savings in cryptocurrency. crypto is just one application of blockchain. everything digital is going to blockchain. blockchain will be as big as cell phones; know that one is hard to believe for some.

some ppl will never like cryptocurrency. the important thing to remember is blockchain. blockchain will dominate, including currencies. there is talk of gold backed cryptocurrency.

actually bitcoin does not make good currency for transactions (buying stuff). it's too expensive. litecoin is faster and dirt cheap for transactions.

we do need a crypto thread. we do need a general blockchain thread too. all in good time me thinks.

knuckles

Veteran
All I know is I was forced to pay for seeds via bitcoin..I decided to buy a few as the price was $650per..all I can say is thanks chimera!

G

Gr33nSanta

so I got a free blockchain wallet, now I go to https://cex.io/, sign up, deposit money which will somehow go onto my blockchain wallet, then I order a few beans and sit on the rest of the money until there is enough money to buy more seeds and go on holidays?

what is the minimum you can buy?

it's tempting ... but ...

EDIT : cex.io is not for Canada, first problem. .. I almost bought bitcoin months ago and I remember now I could not find anywhere in Canada that I felt safe buying...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah.. .i would love to see some. more blockchain talk

anybody looking into zcash..for anon it's shit hot

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is there any of you out there who are coding eth like a pro...im using go eth atm and I'm soooooo far behind it makes me facepalm

Satyros

At the end-user level, I think it's pretty snazzy.

The Bitcoin per-transaction fee is quite modest; nothing I would consider an obstacle.

The rub is getting your coin from an exchange in the first place, which is going to charge a more noticeable fee, and then, if you are making the purchase internationally, you're looking at another fee on top of that. So if you get a large amount of Bitcoin at once, those fees kind of disappear into it, but if you repetitively purchase each time you need it, the exchange fees bite a little bit.

I'm not aware of a minimum purchase, if there is one, that would be up to the exchange.

In the long run, while the exchange accumulates piles of Federal Reserve Notes, as those Notes deteriorate, the exchange business will probably be impacted, and the fees could get worse.

G

Gr33nSanta

I am all good to go and ready to invest (as soon as I have money LOL) Ive got my online wallet, I m ready to buy a small amount, enough for seeds and leftovers, is there a better time to buy, is it going to go down before christmas or after christmas, what are you thoughts?

DIRT DIGGLER

I put a thousand on bitcoin yesterday..think I'm gonna invest in ripple XRP and sit on it long term. I know ripple is partnering with banks and that's frowned upon by coin investors, but long term I think it has great potential. I have no problems playing the long game.

I'm gonna start buying etherium in the near future...any other recommendations would be appreciated.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I finally got into my BTC account today.
Made me smile...

I bought $200 worth BTC on Oct 15 '16 & this eve it was well over $2200.

Not bad...
Not bad!

I sure wish I'd have invested a few grand back then. DOH!
Live & learn.

Latest posts

Latest posts