What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

choco chiba

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was talking to a guy I know and he mentioned a very potent strain he smoked long ago. Chiba chiba was what he called it. I assume it is the same as this one?

He said the high came in waves and kinda freaked him out. He had smoked lots of stuff and this was different than any others.

4 Dragons

More than likely it is the same! Very, very potent and a kind of Chocolate malt smell and flavor. Choco Chiba, Cheeba Cheeba, Chiba Chiba and Chocolate Colombian are all the same but some people used to call anything really good as any of those names excluding Chocolate Colombian. Even so, it sounds like your friend had the real deal! As you can imagine I'm pretty happy that I have seeds of this! I hope to get to them sooner rather than later. Very special, quite possible that a phenol of this line may produce the legendary Wacky Weed. Now that I think about it, they did have a similar taste but it was a long time ago and Wacky Weed is literally one in a million..

rykus

How's your projects workin out this season? Probably busy but I'd love to see an update! ... still lurking about anyways...

idiit

Veteran
quote: "More than likely it is the same! Very, very potent and a kind of Chocolate malt smell and flavor. Choco Chiba, Cheeba Cheeba, Chiba Chiba and Chocolate Colombian are all the same but some people used to call anything really good as any of those names excluding Chocolate Colombian. Even so, it sounds like your friend had the real deal! As you can imagine I'm pretty happy that I have seeds of this! I hope to get to them sooner rather than later. Very special, quite possible that a phenol of this line may produce the legendary Wacky Weed. Now that I think about it, they did have a similar taste but it was a long time ago and Wacky Weed is literally one in a million."

the woman down in Paraguay that the seeds were sourced by Fritzman was married to a cannabis drug lord. she had access to lots of cannabis to say the least. she only smoked choco chiba. she worked a special pheno iirc and actually gave a clone of that pheno as well as seed stock to Fritzman. that should be a testament to what she thought of the strain. I preserved the line but only a few choco chiba beans germinated. I could only work with what was available. the strain has great potential but someone needs to do some in line breeding re potency/high effects on her. people will have to work her. maybe someone else that had choco chiba from bsc or perhaps Paraguay will step up and contribute genetics. she definitely had a cocoa terp to her and cured out ( when grown outdoors) to a chocolate brown. good high, good potency but I never got the super duper wacky weed pheno in any of my runs.

here's the problem imo; ppl are now judging cannabis flowers by their look; aka dank. the best analogy is taking a really good book with a shitty looking book cover and by today's standards the customers are yelling "shit book"; literally and ferociously judging a book by it's cover. Outdoors choco chiba never came in that pretty for me. grown indoors she could be very pretty.

I used to be able to sell landrace sensi sativa hybrids until the last couple of years. I sold them for over 25 years. now it's all about the indica dom frosty tasty strains. people forgot the great times they had on those poly sativa landrace strains. it's the instagram generation and to sell product you gots to have that sizzle appeal. I was forced to take away time and resources from my landrace sativa work and devote those resources (including lots of risk for outdoor grows in an area that has a war on outdoor weed) to some pretty bookcovers. it's very sad and has dimmed my enthusiasm considerably.

I still smoke landrace sativas personally but one good outdoor plant can supply me with enough personal smoke for a year.

choco chiba shows promise for indoor/greenhouse grows as well; very pretty indoors with great bud structure and some decent frost. does not cure out chocolate brown when grown indoors by my experiences. i'm wanting to do some chco hybrids indoors with her but too much on my plate atm. it's just not a fashionable strain at the moment. i'm dangerously low in choco chiba seed stock due to giving out stock to those expressing interest.

hopefully backwoods will have some success with his grow and i'm watching with interest. choco chiba for me was very hardy outdoors and now is her time of year with those hot summer days ahead. if she was suffering thru some problems she seemed to me to have great resiliency.

4 Dragons

It's a sad state of affairs these days. Back in my time we would look down our noses at people smoking Indica. We couldn't understand why people would want to be drooling on the couch when they could smoke Pinto Dojo and be in party mode. Now that I am getting on in years I like a heavy Indica for my aches and pains but for a good mood nothing beats a pure Sativa!

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Nice thread,

I managed to get a few choco chiba seeds straight from luiz, i'm wating! :D

Btw he tell flowering time is around 14-16 weeks!!

P-NUT

Veteran
If you got them recently and paid how he wanted you to then I would be very careful. I emailed him but got a bad feeling in my gut so decided not to order. He had some interesting genetics for sure though.

420empire

Veteran
Hey. can´t seems to load the pics.. :(
about luiz a friend of mine bhought chiba and manga rosa. First one arrived, and he is now waiting fot the other. Dunno if the seeds are legit, he is not into the landrace yet, so I have no idea. Just want to let you now the choco arrived.
I think there is some family member of his which is deadly sick, that´s why he´s not so fast to answer. P-NUT what is your gut feeling based on? :)

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Hey, he's well alive and fine! He was in landrace for year, even had a site few year's back. But these days he's on instagram, and some others place. He reply me usually with less than a day, and my order have been sent with a tracking # SO :D

420empire

Veteran
Ok, asked him about HomePage, and he Will Update it in the future, he is just haveing a stressfull life currently.. Yes he reply often. Can u give the Instagram profile ? ;)

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
I don't follow him on instag, i follow him somewhere else.(not allowed here to talk about where i met him) Btw, i expect my seeds around 18 oct. Can't wait! :D

Dog Star

Veteran
Is there some way to contact him or to say him that others are interested in his seeds..??

For sure i will love to try Choco Chiba but also some others as Cohiba,Manga Rosa,etc...

thing is you hear for good strains but they are hard to get..

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Is there some way to contact him or to say him that others are interested in his seeds..??

For sure i will love to try Choco Chiba but also some others as Cohiba,Manga Rosa,etc...

thing is you hear for good strains but they are hard to get..

Hey buddy, actually he got choco chiba and juicy lemon. Didn't heard of his old gear, maybe in future :biggrin:

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Well, well!

The biggest everyone issue..

28/09/2017
01:16
SAO PAULO / SP
Forwarded
de Unidade de Logística Integrada em SAO PAULO / SP para Unidade Administrativa em Fiscalizacao Aduaneira / BR

of Integrated Logistics Unit in SAO PAULO / SP for Administrative Unit in Customs Inspection / BR

Custom inspection killing me .. Finger cross! :/

Dog Star

Veteran
3 different males,one fast,one medium fast and one that still didnt build flowers..
there is quite a diversity in phenotipes from Choco Chiba..

also those that didnt start flowering is a very slow one.. am never sees from any strain
so long flowering cause other 2 phenos gives polen pods much faster and there is polen all around..

then 2 females started to autoflower cause in small pots.. dont know what to do with them now..
or could they start to grow normaly if repoted..

Latest posts

Latest posts