What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

M.O.B (Mother Of Berry)

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
M.O.B.!!!!!!!!!!!! Its in my top 4 favorite herbs. Had the pleasure of toking on her a few times. It def is a gem man so make sure you hang onto her not many people have access to it. You def scored a piece of gold. I'd give all my elites for a cut of her lol.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I posted this in the other MOB thread.

Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgrow
yo *****! Just saw your post in **** med thread; lost site of that 1 somehow. You posted some info on mob. My cut was passed onto me through who knows how many hands. No one seems to have any knowledge about it that id consider credible. We;re talking about strain id here. id appreciate any thing you could tell me about it: parentage, phenotypes, backstory.

What i have is:
max height 4'+/-
tops good
taste: oh slightly sour, berry, w/ a skunky funk at the end of the inhale
dark, thick, wide, tough leaves

thanks
cheers

Ok well as I understand it, the MOB was the original afghani used in the production of the famous blueberry, whether or not it was the mother or father though is some speculation, however due to the investigating I have done, and due to her taste, smell, and stature I believe her to be the actual mother variety. (I highly doubt that - goes to show how little is known about her) The other interesting thing I have seen is what appeared to be two different phenotypes, although the finished meds were very, very similar. I have speculated that this appearance, was do to this being from a different grower. Well that being said onto the lady herself, stature wise she is definitely afi dominate meaning medium height with maybe a 2x stretch at flowering, height itself can be altered as you know by veg period. Deep green broad leafed plants, although not the broadest I've seen. Flowers can range from completely green to totally purple depending on growing conditions, under optimal conditions, meaning a constant day and night temp of 74-79 degrees farenheit, she will form large, thick, medium green tops with many accents of purple and pink calyxs. She almost always grows a dominant terminal bud, even when pruned to do otherwise. One branch will tend to take over. (Maybe a different pheno - from my experience, she grows tops out pretty evenly) Maturity can be accomplished in approximately 56 days, although I have seen her taken down as early as 45, she shines at 56 though. Outdoors she is done in late august, perfect for the nor east, down before the fall rains. Strong berry and skunky almost incence, possibly lavender like, undertones. Full fruity or berry taste. As far as I know I am the first person to have her laboratory tested, and although the sample tested was not from the terminal bud it still tested at 16%, which is admirable for a pure indica, and I believe this percentage could be higher if I was to supply a better sample, timing was kind of weird. But to put in perspective the BoggleGum that won the San Fran. cup for indica last year tested at just over 15%, members of my fam have grown the 2 side by side MOB and BogGum and everyone prefers to grow the MOB. Well, hope my rambling helps, any more information you would like or anything I didn't answer just let me know. PEACE

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thnx for the info wildgrow...and it just sat me back in my chair readin it could poss be the orig Afghan...thats just spinning my head atm guy.....Ive worked Blues lines for yrs...heard, read and studied those lines...and this may be her?...damn...yall def got my attention now....heh...so this is the Sweet Afghan...ok what Im smellin on her could be relative...man this throws a big twist in this for me..
Ive run Dabney and other relatives and nothing has compared to the orig Blue line yet...
there were 2 main Afghan injections tho..1st was the pure Afghan used crossed to PurpThai to create the base floral line...if anything this plant would fit there first..The 2nd paring was the JFThai x Afghan and in both cases was said to be the Male...
I love the speculation tho cause i'll be able to know by these details fellaz...this is quite kewl...and let me know what ya think cause Im just goin off that prior spec...but I never doubt nothin till it proves itself...wildgrow the bold parts are your experience?....I agree completely with them so far man...tops are very even and its a small bush form..

heres what shes showin us here....def fast paced as shes at lil over 4wks now?...and my room is mild at best...
hearing from others their gettin the blue tones but Im gettin a more sweet afghan fruit thing..
damn....what that post describes..is whats right here....heh....really good stuff guys...
FOE20

Attachments

• DJ-FamilyTree2.jpg
    DJ-FamilyTree2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 20
  • MobBlm1_01-20-13.jpg
    MobBlm1_01-20-13.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 24
  • MobBlm2_01-20-13.jpg
    MobBlm2_01-20-13.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 21
  • MobBlm3_01-20-13.jpg
    MobBlm3_01-20-13.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 18
  • MobBlm4_01-20-13.jpg
    MobBlm4_01-20-13.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 20

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Ya FOE, its all very confusing. I take 2 grains of salt with everything I hear about her.

Its 1 of those things that can probably never trully be hashed out.

Too bad we cant get everybodys MOB cuts together and grow them out side by side.

EDIT: Those pics look pretty close. Another tell - the fans cant just be yanked downward to pull them off - that will usually peel a strip down the stalk. Shes tough as nails.

H

highsteppa

Woa, all of the sudden its the original afghan (or early outcross) in blueberry.....it'd be cool but I'm too skeptical. Its fun to speculate , but like with many great cuts its hard to ever know. It does have some floral aspects to it though.

A while back Chaco posted up a pic of NE Blue Hash Plant in another MOB thread, which may be a different pheno or the same as MOB. So I will throw in Blueberry x NL to the list but I still like the Jerry Berry theory the best.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the best part on those reports is it saying that no matter form, end results were similar..forms can change so much by enviro/local and method its really hard to base it on that..
but buds and effect profiles do usually stay true...specially effect and the smell/taste when dialed best...those should really match all reports no matter the grow method..
usually the diff being organic vs hydro in taste....
but Im not buyin into it that its the orig Affi much myself...easiest way to get clarity on that,,....give DjShort a well grown sample...that would cover a bit on that possibility...just check burning man...
and I agree that it being the orig Affi part is a stretch,..
only other part tho is Ive seen a few BM phenoms that do have very wide Affi dom form..

Way I see it...theres a small handful of good blues lines..most of the early stuff was outcrosses...ala BubbleBerry , Swt, etc..Ive tried a few of those plus others...
So Im going on what Ive tried sure but Ive never tried a few and 1 does so far meet the stats of this...and since its not comparing to many Ive seen theres only a few I havn't seen up close yet...like...
Ol Blue may be the one Im hoping this is guys...,which I think is the Oregon BlueBerry...
ppl have the tendency to change name sakes like Blue Hen is now a days BlueDream.....but both being Blue Hazes..
cause Im quite sure this isnt Dabney....its def not a strait Dj Line Blue in form so far..but so far Im just growin another new plant..
FOE20

Last edited:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
It certainly would be nice to nail this down. Its a really nice plant in all catorgories. I think it would definitely make for some nice crosses. And, in which case, F2s could be made so a pheno hunt and eventually a stable seed line could be made.

Still shaky on how breeding works but I imagine a bxing or 2 to the mom would be needed?

MR.Montana

Some pics

Some pics

Here's some pics of the M.O.B. strain i managed to get.....actually had two variances-phenos, this is what ive narrowed it down to.
:plant grow::plant grow:

coastal

Now mob is the afghani that dj used? If you ask me that's pure speculation and silliness. It's some sort of killer blueberry, maybe a blueberry cross. I briefly met the guy who claims to have bred her, wish I asked him about the lineage, was quite hammered at the time. If you are out there bro hit me up! You'll probably remember me we chatted for quite a while at a particular show...

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Now mob is the afghani that dj used? If you ask me that's pure speculation and silliness. It's some sort of killer blueberry, maybe a blueberry cross. I briefly met the guy who claims to have bred her, wish I asked him about the lineage, was quite hammered at the time. If you are out there bro hit me up! You'll probably remember me we chatted for quite a while at a particular show...

And the mystery continues...

Anyone else hear of any other names for the acronym?

Any preferences? I like Mother of Berry, as in... Holy mother of berry, Batman!

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
coastal its all gibber jabber yea...not anything but talk...need other folk with runs of other blues to get anywhere tho...but Im just growin her and not giving it no clout yet..

I heard it was Maple leaf indica x Djs blueberry..... shit is nice fruity tooty..

I could see this...and in no way even speculatin but so far this is sorta the way it acts...Its def super stout...which Ive heard the Maple line to always be..it is 1 of the orig super Indos I think....she a old bitch to....interesting twists tho for a floater cut...keep rollin
FOE20

H

highsteppa

Anyone else hear of any other names for the acronym?

It seems that the people south of the border know her as MOAB...some med growers have said "M.O.B". were the initials of someone who was killed over the genetic...I know, dark and far fetched, but you asked lol

I agree with it being an old indica , I feel its a worked seed line versus an sport cut or random bagseed (she don't herm). Can't wait to see what S1's will do.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heard the MOAB= Mother of All Berries,,,....
sad backstory if the 3 letter acro is tru initals...thats almost to messed up n very sad...cannabis is about peace n love ya know...to celebrate n naturally medicate,..
if so I hope the orig person who loved it was kind...
FOE20

H

Homer J Pimpin

I'm saying I'd be down to give her a go while I wait for my chem d to return.....:)Sounds like my kinda thing.....best part is all the stories that go along with it....if it's got stories,it's usually pretty good...

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Wild berry skunky funk. I wouldnt definitely say its blueberry flavored. A little sour too, but not much. Its super tasty stuff. Seems most people agree. And more than a few who get pretty bombed off it.

Latest posts

Latest posts