What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

BoomBoom

Hey what's up all. I still haven't been able to do a stealth grow but I couldn't take it anymore I had to grow something!! Since I love spicy food I googled the hottest pepper and found the bhut jolokia. I also ordered a few of the other hottest peppers to have a variety.

Bhut jolokia
Chocolate bhut jolokia
Yellow bhut jolokia
Naga moriche
Trinidad scorpion
Trinidad seven pot
Caribbean red habanero
Congo black habanero
Peruvian aji

I planted them Saturday and since then I had 1 Caribbean 1 Seven Pot and about 8 aji sprout. Spicy peppers are known to take a full 3-4 weeks to germinate so I gotta be patient. I planted them in a 105 jiffy pod dome. I removed the sprouted ones into small styrofoam cups with 2 holes in bottom and filled with Miracle Grow organic choice garden soil.

I'm looking for what nutes to feed and feedback :)

pics soon

organicgreen0

Good luck with the grow!

Here is a pic of my bhut jolokia's at week 5 since germination.

W0Mv7.jpg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Looking good organicgreen ..
Ive just received some bhuts also amongst a few other varieties you mentioned boom boom ..
Im not sure about eating any , might end up just ornamental , you did see the clip of the guy eating them did you??
Ive grown tonnes of chillies and peppers , they are very easy to grow ,, just dont let them get wet feet too long and they like a feed of seaweed, fish emulsion now and then much the same as most vegetables ..
Apparently the weather and amount of water they receive can affect the taste and hotness of your chillies , a long hot dry summer will give you real hotties in comparison to a cooler wetter summer ..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Yea I seen videos of people eating haha.

What nutrients are you using? Still no answer for that.

The chillies i grow in pots i use a rich potting mix with peat, perlite , vermiculite, sawdust and chicken manure , theres most likely a bit of peanut shell and a few other things ...
other than that i just use seasol , its a fish, seaweed fert , once a fortnight ..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Where'd you get all the naga and bhut seeds? I saw some bhut jol before but it was like $7 for 10 seeds....
I got mine from the hippyseed company , and yes they werent cheap , $7 for 10 sounds about right , they mentioned lots of folks sell them but many are not the true bhuts ,, and can often turn out to be something else entirely ..
just be careful striking them i guess ,, not like we havent spent more on other seeds ... jiffy pots sound like a good way to go ... thats the info the lads at the hscompany gave me ..

Pepper Jolokia. (25) VPEP-JK. Packet: $3.00
Also called Naga Jolokia, Bhut Jolokia, and Ghost Chili. These peppers from India hold the Guinness Book of World's Records world's hottest pepper. Tapering 3" orange-red, rough-skinned peppers. Apparently a cross between Capsicum chinense and C. frutescens. Eat these fresh or dried when you want an extreme experience!
http://www.jlhudsonseeds.net/VegetablesE-R.htm

this website has every seed you need and great customer service

BoomBoom

ok, some pics

Attachments

• multipeps.jpg
    multipeps.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 119
  • multipeps (1).jpg
    multipeps (1).jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 125
  • multipeps (2).jpg
    multipeps (2).jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 125
  • multipeps (3).jpg
    multipeps (3).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 117

BoomBoom

1 more

I'm thinking I'm gonna leave them in dome a lil longer instead of putting into cups and direct sunlight... or was that the right thing to do?

Attachments

• multipeps (4).jpg
    multipeps (4).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 113

TommytheCat

Beautiful plants. Gotta love peppers! I'm going to get some indoors before winter hits this year. I want some spicy fresh peppers and juicy tomatoes in Feb!

Frozenguy

Veteran
Hey folks. Thought I would share two exciting peppers I just transplanted. Put them into 3gal pots.

A purple beauty and a red rocoto. The purple beauty is a sweet bell but the red rocoto is a hot spicy pepper that can be up around 100,000 SKU. Not the hottest by any means, but has some kick.

The red rocoto has furry leaves! And the seeds are black. I've heard the flowers are pretty with purple tips but I have yet to see one, its still very young. I'll get a better picture of the furryness. Its really furry.
Oh and that is an ozark beauty strawberry plant to the right.

Last edited by a moderator:

frantischek

Since I love spicy food I googled the hottest pepper and found the bhut jolokia.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Did you ever taste them? I like peppers too, but the taste of the bhuts has nothing to do with spicy!! It is not even a taste, but pure pain (remembering the first time i tasted my indoorgrown Bhuts, i´m still crying).

Edit: Wear at least handgloves, better glasses too, when you handle the Bhuts fruits.

BoomBoom

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Did you ever taste them? I like peppers too, but the taste of the bhuts has nothing to do with spicy!! It is not even a taste, but pure pain (remembering the first time i tasted my indoorgrown Bhuts, i´m still crying).

Edit: Wear at least handgloves, better glasses too, when you handle the Bhuts fruits.

No I haven't. The hottest I've had is only habaneros. 300K~

Wow pure pain huh? Have you seen the video on YouTube of the guy who eats SUPER hot chilis? He even tells you flavors he picks up before the nasty side effects.

Not sure if this is a legit bhut probably a naga which is a relative because Bhuts are longer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaEjcY30wgY&feature=youtube_gdata

.clunk

I also like growing hot peppers. Everything else is easy to grow but peppers are a bit finicky.

this year I've got the following:
- Filius Blue hot pepper (also referred to as peri-peri). This one is really cool, it has very delicate tiny blue flowers and the peppers themselves will look like small purple/blue grapes.

- Friars Hat pepper - the fruits have a really cool shape, thought I'd give em a try.

-Rooster spur - grew these last year, good staple for many recipes.

-thai dragon - same deal, grew em last year and and liked them

-Hot orange ginger pepper - don't know much about this one.

-a wide variety of more common peppers like cayennes, red chili, jalepeno and habenero.

U

unthing

Hehee, I've got some 600 000 scoville sauce that I've been still scared to try. I'm lightweight when it comes to chiles. But then again naga morich powder is really good when used in moderation. Last year they sold them fresh at the markets, maybe this year again..