What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

four seasons

Veteran
Some stuff from the seventies....
including ...L. Cherniaks ;Book of Cannabis , Book of Hashish,
early High Times and various other publications...
Please add stuff if you have it. I enjoy looking at the old stuff and have been a collector of this stuff since I bought my first high times in 78.

This is the first published picture of the True Haze from the Haze brothers 1977

http:
[url='http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=8747&pictureid=158931'][img]http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=8747&pictureid=158931

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sssshhhhhh!, don't say that!, the 'King of Nepal' invented every water hash technique, in fact!, no form of hash existed until he invented it in 1987 :bigeye:

Great old photo's, good to see.

four seasons

Veteran
There were so many good people across the USA from Brooklyn to Peoria to Garberville who were experimenting with breeding in their back yards in the sixties and seventies.
Only a handfull of people made the jump from breeding for personal use to breeding to share with the masses. And an even smaller few choose to go commercial with their seed production operations and the only outlet for this was Amsterdam at the time.

F

feral

lots of memories there. nothing beats the highs of the weed back then. look at that thai stick pic, the real deal posing there. I have an old grow book from 1973 that talks about how to dry/cure. the book talks about dry it some, then SWEAT it, then cure. What I find fascinating is this is what they do with malawi cobs. Its wrapped in a leaf of maize then buried and sweated for x numbers of days, weeks, etc. I had another book that talked about burying the jar of weed in the ground for 6 months and this again was a book that was published in early '70's. Haze, Thai sticks, African black majic. Growing was kept simple, cost effective, and would put you on your ass when you smoked it. Now days its big lights, steriod nutes, etc.

bluebublelove

This is awesome. I love stuff like this.

I get a huge kick out of those regional prices and how it breaks down acid, psilocybin, pcp, cocaine and quaaludes. Totally old school.

Do you by any chance have a way of scanning the accompanying articles that go with the pictures?

Particularly the write up on mexican hash making and any articles that detail genetics that had been isolated and early breeding experiments.

Great post, thanks!

F

feral

ludes. I remember crushing one up and sprinkling some on top of a bowl of weed. One word...KNOCKEDOUT!!!! It was like being hit by Mike Tyson. Check out the price for the Thai stick in Bangkok .80 cents. unreal.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Four Seasons
Looks arent everything. Its whats in the cannabinoid makeup thats makes a good smoke.
I think Cannabis has become more controlled, more sterile and bland..
Just my opinion peace

I agree 100%. :2cents:

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Very cool Four Seasons......

Now where is Raco and his old pics to add?? :D

I remember Thai stick as a teenager and how red and tight our eyes would get. Shit you could blindfold us with dental floss jejejejejeje

I think "bland" weed comes from too much indica in the mix and too much super-juice in the hydro cash croppers set-ups. Strains used for commercial are being driven by fast flowering indica dominated hybrids with NO SOUL!!!

Keep them coming FS :)

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Thanks for taking the time to scan up all those cool pics and THMQ pages!!! I enjoyed reading them

Reactions: Gry

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Awesome pics man, I love this kinda stuff too. Loks like some of those like the Erhiopian Stash and a few others like the sticks and Hazes were probably real nice and spicy good.
The herb was definitely not grown well in many of the pics, look at all the seeds, leaves and immaturety of some of the buds. Back then alot of shit was picked prematurely too, or very seeded, so I'd have to argue that today's weed is actually better..because people know how to grow now, when back then it was amateur gardeners doing it for the most part. Buds nowadays are cured, trimmed, grown the right way and therefore look like they should have back then, no mystery man.

Looks arent everything. Its whats in the cannabinoid makeup thats makes a good smoke.
I think Cannabis has become more controlled, more sterile and bland..
Just my opinion peace
Bland, Sterile? Naw, LMAO, stop dreaming, I've smoked from Landrace Sativas grown in Hydro, to hybrids grown in soil, to bagseed grown in backyards for years. All the strains you want are available, it's just breeding has really created some awesome bud and alot of bland bud as well that is grown domestically in commercial proportions. I agree Indicas have made a way into alot of Sativa strains and newer "blander" tasting strains like beasters are widely available. Stating that bud 30 years ago was better is like saying bud in Amsterdam sucks and Canadian bud is better because the coffeeshops sell commercial weed and Canadians keep it real, makes no sense..

Now if you were to say Hydroponic herb and bland Indicas are not as flavorful as soil grown landrace Sativas in your back yard, I may agree...

Latest posts

Latest posts