What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Petition for tax relief for medical cannabis

troutman

Seed Whore
They haven't learned yet what happens when cigarettes get taxed too much.

Smuggling will only increase. Stupid phucks.

Buddha1

Veteran
Instead of signing a petition to stop taxing.

Start a movement to get Medical Cannabis its own Rx number...so it can be obtained in the same way as other prescription drugs within our medical insurance system.
This will give Cannabis prescribed by a doctor the same status as other prescription drugs in Canada...free to the patient and tax exempt.

This is something I would totally support as long as it didn't effect my right to grow my own supply.

Peace...B

Rider420

Start a movement to get Medical Cannabis its own Rx number...so it can be obtained in the same way as other prescription drugs within our medical insurance system.
This will give Cannabis prescribed by a doctor the same status as other prescription drugs in Canada...free to the patient and tax exempt.

This is something I would totally support as long as it didn't effect my right to grow my own supply.

Peace...B

FYI Prescription drugs are not free in Canada! In fact Canadians pay the second highest amount for prescriptions in the world.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...-second-highest-medication-costs-in-the-world

Universal health care usually includes prescription drugs -- but not in Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtOLMYnyBq0

Buddha1

Veteran

Peace...B

FYI Prescription drugs are not free in Canada! In fact Canadians pay the second highest amount for prescriptions in the world.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...-second-highest-medication-costs-in-the-world

Universal health care usually includes prescription drugs -- but not in Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtOLMYnyBq0

I'm sure everyone understood I was referring to prescription insurance(Blue Cross...etc., etc.), paying for prescriptions instead of paying out of pocket.

Wow... why is everything posted trolled anymore... makes me want to stop posting all together.

Peace...B

Rider420

I'm sure everyone understood I was referring to prescription insurance(Blue Cross...etc., etc.), paying for prescriptions instead of paying out of pocket.

Wow... why is everything posted trolled anymore... makes me want to stop posting all together.

Peace...B

Most insurance policies do not cover cannabis blue cross etc etc and you also have to pay for these policies so again not free! So as per the norm your way off base.

Sorry buddy but people need to know the real facts not your version of them.

Last edited:

Gmack

Peace...B

Don't mind the retards. He's off in his own world and has no grasp on what's being discussed. As per your previous comment I don't see cannabis bud ever having a din assigned to it. Concentrates possibly but even that's stretching imo. It's a natural health product not a medicine. More and more health insurance plans are covering cannabis as it's cheaper for the company then coving traditional medications and as the insurance companies start saving some real money it will become industry wide. Just like massages and chiropractors are cheaper then other therapys.

Buddha1

Veteran
Don't mind the retards. He's off in his own world and has no grasp on what's being discussed. As per your previous comment I don't see cannabis bud ever having a din assigned to it. Concentrates possibly but even that's stretching imo. It's a natural health product not a medicine. More and more health insurance plans are covering cannabis as it's cheaper for the company then coving traditional medications and as the insurance companies start saving some real money it will become industry wide. Just like massages and chiropractors are cheaper then other therapys.

I did't think about Cannabis being categorized as a natural remedy. Once you mentioned it...It made me go...hmmmmmm.

I didn't think about it in that way...all opioids are covered by insurance and they are engineered from opium, but opium its self is not cover. Thanks for bringing that point to our attention, for us all to understand how the Rx number is employed and used on pharmaceuticals.

Hopefully you are correct and that eventually concentrates(engineered Cannabis) will also be covered by insurance, just as all opioids are.

Peace...B

PS...Just a foot note...Shoppers Drug Mart has been covering $1500.00 a year through the employee medical plan...for over a year now, possibly even longer.

Gmack

To the best of my knowledge a drug must be in a standardized dosage to receive a din. But I could be wrong. Anywayswthere are several cannabis based/derived meds on the market now. Sativex and another that just came out I forget the name. Expensive is all I can say.

Rider420

Yes I'm off in my own little world where cannabis is being legalized unlike yours eh, now what did gmack say oh ya that legalization was a liberal con and the senate would never pass it. Shall I post a link to rub Gmack nose in it? I'm enjoying this way too much. ��

SAJLMFAO time proves who is right and who is wrong. :laughing:

Rider420

To the best of my knowledge a drug must be in a standardized dosage to receive a din. But I could be wrong. Anywayswthere are several cannabis based/derived meds on the market now. Sativex and another that just came out I forget the name. Expensive is all I can say.

https://www.pharmacists.ca/cpha-ca/assets/File/cpha-on-the-issues/MedicalCannabis_FAQ_Final.pdf

8. Does medical cannabis have a DIN?
Pharmacological cannabinoids such as Sativex® (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-cannabidiol) and Cesamet® (nabilone)
have been approved for specific indications by Health Canada, however herbal medical cannabis has not gone through
Health Canada’s drug review and approval process, nor does it have a Drug Identification Number (DIN) or Natural
Product Number (NPN).

9. Is medical cannabis covered through insurance?
Some insurance plans may cover medical cannabis. Check each patient’s individual plan for more details.

Again wrong buddy whole cannabis does not have DIN because you can't patent it, therefor no drug company is going to pay to test it. And a DIN or NPN has nothing to do with whether your insurance you pay for or get from work will cover it.

https://www.benefitscanada.com/news/aurora-cannabis-to-cover-medical-marijuana-for-employees-117250

Aurora Cannabis to cover medical marijuana for employees

Staff | July 23, 2018

Aurora Cannabis Inc. is rolling out a new employee benefits plan that includes coverage of medical marijuana.

The plan, which will be administered by Sun Life Financial Inc., will cover the drug for Aurora’s employees and their dependents.

“The speed with which Canada’s largest insurers are moving to cover the costs of medical cannabis reflects the increasing recognition of cannabis-based therapies and marks a significant milestone for patients across the country,” said Debra Wilson, senior vice-president of human resources at Aurora Cannabis, in a news release.

Read: Sanofi survey finds plan sponsors split on issue of medical cannabis

“Including medical cannabis in the company’s benefits plan reflects our position as one of the leading advocates for the availability of medical cannabis, as well as employee health and wellness being major pillars in Aurora’s mission to be the employer of choice in the sector.”

Jonathan Zaid, Aurora’s director of advocacy and corporate social responsibility, said providing insurance coverage for the drug and making the reimbursement process easy is the right thing to do. “At the same time, we recognize there is still more work to be done to ensure patients across Canada receive coverage for medical cannabis, and we intend to continue supporting advocacy initiatives in this area,” he said.

The new benefits plan will take effect Aug. 1.

But the sad fact is most insurance companies don't cover cannabis.

Gmack

See you are retarded and can't read. I never said it had a din! In fact i said it did not have one amd probably never will.

Buddha1

Veteran
Yes I'm off in my own little world where cannabis is being legalized unlike yours eh, now what did gmack say oh ya that legalization was a liberal con and the senate would never pass it. Shall I post a link to rub Gmack nose in it? I'm enjoying this way too much. ��

SAJLMFAO time proves who is right and who is wrong. :laughing:

Wow...do you just pick fights with everyone.
1st me... now Gmack...this could be a bad pattern forming...my friend.

Peace...B

Gmack

Wow...do you just pick fights with everyone.
1st me... now Gmack...this could be a bad pattern forming...my friend.

Peace...B

Oh I was first lol. I've had to deal with this dumbass for a long time. As soon as I write someone off as a troll i don't ignore them I point out their stupidity so others can join in mocking them, childish for sure but I don't care. Anyways he's been proven to wrong now so many times it's hard to keep track. Btw dickrider the senate did hold up bill c-45 worth many of the changes I suspected they would want changed. I was shocked that they didn't stick to their guns. C-46 is the really disturbing one. Rubber stamp it boys.

Egzoset

Salutations,

I was shocked that they didn't stick to their guns.

Looking through a different prism i'd point out they most certaily DID, actually, m'well if one considers that VILIFICATION (e.g. meant to please bigot anti-cannabic prohibitioni$ts) has been quite a leading/common denominator since the instrumentalisation of Joy Davies (just a few weeks from the 2015 federal elections!).

Anyway lets assume this sample would approximately illustrate "BEFORE" vilification:

No_Name_2018-_Feb-26.gif

[ https:// oi63.tinypic.com/2lo1yqu.gif ]

Then that's how i see "AFTER", when the meaning of "incidental" translates as the new "sunny" reality of cap'tain Itnoc:With many more bigot variations also possible. Just think of myclobutanil, the healthier consumtion methods being legally considered the same as toxic smoking (combustion), etc., etc.!

When "tumbling" starts being pushed everywhere as the new Canuck standard this simply spells Cultural Genocide IMHO. But i'm no TrudeauManiac, as you may know, so perhaps there's no need for concern. Yet i got to wonder what's the delay for when dealing with CBD cannabis. But that's me.While people focuss on tax exemptions for "medical" cannabis consumers nobody is asking for more balanced THC/CBD ratios where CBD plays a "moderator" role to limit marginal over-reactions by a tiny minority of persons already challenged, etc.

Nobody would educate a minor about alcohol handing him a 40 oz bottle and no glass to drink, so maybe it's time to realize even a 300 mg "joint" happens to promote abuse in comparison - m'well, when dealing with THC-centric (ZERO CBD) "shit", that is.

In other words who's still failing to notice this government's RETROGRADE strategy rejecting e-Cigs/Vaporizers and THC:CBD genetics as valuable tools capable of sanitizing the market sufficiently to fix whatever causes young persons to end up in a hospital because of cannabis, the safest "drug" we can think of on earth.

Sometimes it's the things they won't do which is the most significant hint of all... A DIN # to accommodate the arbitrary/artificial "medical" class (when it just needs to be removed from any "schedule"!)?? Someone's day-dreaming.

Good day, have fun!! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts