What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

overgrown plant in the greenhouse (help!)

justik

hi guys, got overgrown plant in the greenhouse.

how can i control height of this little monster?

Attachments

• OVERGROWN.jpg
    OVERGROWN.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 103
  • overgrown 1.jpg
    overgrown 1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 104

zalias

Help

Help

hi guys, got overgrown plant in the greenhouse.

how can i control height of this little monster?
Sveikas , prilenk ji ir po savaites kai sonines ataugos atsistebs i virsu nu top-ink ,pagal viska turetum gaut monstra .Seip viska dar spesi nes iki zidejimo pradzios dar laiko turi i valias.

T

Teddybrae

Your little plant is a Monster indeed!

tie it down. bend the branches a little each day until you have them where you want. if you break one, bandage it up and splint it like with a broken leg ... it will soon heal.

good luck ...

U

Ununionized

Pot has three famous methods to control height: topping by pinching all upward new growth off, but there is a repair time for this as the plant seals the cuts.

Then there is low stress training which is leaning the entire tree over, gently and firmly.

If you do this the entire plant is going to put out SCORES of new bud sites. It will do this too if you top it but - there is a healing time when you top them.

A pot stem has a rigid outer shell and a much less dense center, and when you LEAN a plant you can break this stem.

Do not freak out at all. Get your hands on some straight dry sticks or something stiff and tape it to the broken limb, it will repair, and be JUST FINE. There is a name for breaking the stem, then moving the plant like you want, then making sure the stem is not collapsed. But, once again, this method means a a little bit of healing.

It does make the stem get strong in that section: so, you will be growing lumber wood, not flowers but - I'm just letting you know that any time you break a stem, go immediately and find something to split it. It will be just fine in a week.

There is also what's called SCRoG which is "SCReen Of Green and that's where you lay the plant over and tie it to a net or some fence.

If you can't figure out what to to to tie it down, then lay a piece of fence wire on the floor, and tie the plant down to this. It will pick it up, you have to weight it.

Any way you can tie a string horizontally, --> -------------- then tie the plant down to that, this is fine.

It is a very freeing feeling to lean your plant because it makes the plant, create MANY more FLOWERS.

Look up and read about "Low Stress Training" ok? Also you will learn from it that the REASON it works so WELL is a hormone named Auxin.

As a grower, if you consider yourself the intelligent type person read about this Auxin hormone. It's really important in a plant's life, and there are other hormones you are going to learn about, and Auxin is as critical to your understanding for maxing out your plants, as it gets. It's THE primary GROWTH hormone, and - every moment of a plant's life is determined, by how the plant DISTRIBUTES it.

Peace out, your plant looks great.