What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PC Case Growers Club

stevr59

one tip in case any of you dont know the potatoes chips bags are mylar and the big bag of chips look about the right size for a pc case

shadow

Just out of curiosity, how much dry material do you usually get off of a plant in a pc case? It can't be that much but this seems perfect for me because I wont be home when it is time to harvest an outdoor like I had origionally planned.

G

pc yeilds IMO dry weight:

1oz + : excellent

1/2 - 7/8 : very good

1/8 - 3/8 : good

anyone please chime in with some stats here

shadow

^^Thats great for personal and everything (which is exactly what I need it for) but how long do you usually veg and flower these plants for? I know I still need to do alot of research so please don't flame but if you could answer that question I would be greatful.

b10narybud

it all depends on strain and how big you want it. you can go straight to 12 12 if you want...or veg for however long you want....or get a autoflowering strain which was bred to not ever hit the veg state..and go right to flower....

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
More veg = more bud. Look up low stress training (LST), branch bending/snapping and perhaps even ScroG - these are training techniques. IMO the first two will be the easiest for such a small space.

stevr59

highonthechroni said:
More veg = more bud. Look up low stress training (LST), branch bending/snapping and perhaps even ScroG - these are training techniques. IMO the first two will be the easiest for such a small space.
to me scrogg is a lot easier than lst only take me a min or two to keep em growing under the screen.

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
stevr59 said:
to me scrogg is a lot easier than lst only take me a min or two to keep em growing under the screen.

Sure, but are you saying ScroG would be better in a PC case? :chin:

IMO LST is much easier in a PC case.

stevr59

highonthechroni said:
Sure, but are you saying ScroG would be better in a PC case? :chin:

IMO LST is much easier in a PC case.
imo it would be but then i have not grown in such a small space i use to lst my out door plants and it got to be to much work but with a screen all you do is pull the tips to the next hole only take a few mins to do. but the only way to find out which method is best would be to do 2 grows side by side one using lst and the other using scrog and then one would know which is best

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
stevr59 said:
imo it would be but then i have not grown in such a small space i use to lst my out door plants and it got to be to much work but with a screen all you do is pull the tips to the next hole only take a few mins to do. but the only way to find out which method is best would be to do 2 grows side by side one using lst and the other using scrog and then one would know which is best

I agree, would just be a bit awkwards in a PC case methinks :D

The easiest way I've learned (from my Dad with tomato plants) to train a plant is using "panty hose". It's real soft, and it makes great knots. It also stretches like a bitch. Tie some to the top of a plant, and pull down GENTLY. Tie it off somewhere for a day or two. Then pull the mofo down a little more. Simple. When I grew in soil for the first time, I drilled some holes all along the rim of the 5 gallon bucket....this made for endless tie down spots. After I harvested, it was a trip to see the plants all bent and looped around....the stalks were soooo strong in the position I had trained them in! If you want to keep your canopy down, this is the best way IMO

b10narybud

The easiest way is to get a drill but and drill out the rivets the pull them out.

WHat I did because I didnt have a drill was use a hacksaw and cut the rivets off. A dremel would make it like heaven as well.

Ctcoyote16 said:
Damn, Im having so much trouble gutting my case completely... :(

Minus the power supply, the things you see in the front of this case are what Im left with.

http://www.pimpproxy.com/cgi-bin/cg...g.com/gallery/data/500/7979DSC01940-thumb.JPG

Any help on how to remove those boxes and whatnot? It doesnt even seem theyre bolted it, they just kinda are somehoe attached...

Ctcoyote16

Omg good idea. i dont know why i didnt think of a dremel.

Thanks.

Another problem is going to be covering up all those holes in the back, but Im just going to use this aluminum tape stuff for now

b10narybud

yes....Thats what I used. It has a very metalic look toit and isnt noticed really...and who stares at the back of your computer. Just apply it with tension..and they wont know a thing. Tell em its a new computer, and you havnt had time to punch the metal pieces from the motherboard holder out yet..(where the plugs stick out)...faceplate? idk..it has a name but i dont remember it. I used the foiil to cover up all the old vent/fan holes as well.

Then, for bends and depressions on the inside parts..i filled them with cardboard pieces....and then covered with mylars..so its more of a smooth myslar finish and it dont have all them indentations and press marks from when it was made.

Jassimo

Can i get away with only using CFL with my pc grow or do i really need a 100w HPS to really bring out nice buds