What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pollen chucking?

Jonny Lan

I did a mixed chuck. I’ll do better next time.
WHY? Will you be able to identify which resulting plants came from which Father?

Sounds like headache to me if you get something thats amazing and wanna reproduce it again. you will have to run both males again and grow out the resulting seeds again.

3-5months you could have saved yourself.

Jonny Lan

I’m pheno hunting. Reproducing the seed line never occurred to me.
True, i understand but hey u never know! And you should maintain the"hey u never know mentality cause shit ill tel you, there was times i popped beans and grew out plants and the weak shitty pheno i didn't take cuts of was the FLAME!

U might find something really sick and wonder to urself if you run just that father alone could u find something better?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
True, i understand but hey u never know! And you should maintain the"hey u never know mentality cause shit ill tel you, there was times i popped beans and grew out plants and the weak shitty pheno i didn't take cuts of was the FLAME!

U might find something really sick and wonder to urself if you run just that father alone could u find something better?

Absolutely true. Every once in a while someone would have something growing and we'd be like "Where the fuck did that come from?!?".

Lost in a puff of smoke. :(

zizration

if they are growing out and looking good you can always take clones into 12/12 and they will regen after rooting..

PARADOX

I like to dust my girls with pollen on day 21ish.. Then I will let them go 6 weeks for sure . No matter what .. Also spraying the whole room and plants down with water mist 6-12 hours after to kill any rouge pollen ..

PDX Dopesmoker

I’m out of my depth, I don’t know much about it.

Don't let these buttclenching douchenozzles tell you what to do. Throwing pollen around and making your own seeds is a good thing to do even if you're not meticulously following the method prescribed by the fart-sniffer crowd.

I started another round of seeds. I didn’t think any were gonna germ because nothing popped for the first 2 weeks. But then they came about 1 a day for the next 2 weeks. Slow as fuck.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I installed a thermostat that runs my vortex fan. It’s an Inkbird unit, growers will love it. Two plugs, one for a heater, one for a cooler. Anyway, works great but the numbers glow bright red and I suspect it caused that plant to hermi. I covered it the other day but too late.

If you have a thermostat controlling your fan, get one that Cuts on when needed to exhaust heat but also try to get one that will also shut off when temps are too high. That way if a small fire breaks out, fan will shut off and not spread fire by pumping in fresh oxygen.

HalfArsedFarmer

Bjorn to farm have you thought about going down the S1 road?

I used to make male/female but now I go down the S1 route as it's quicker to get a stable fem seed, if that's what you're looking for of course.

Finding good males is a long process.

There a few good articles and videos on the net about S1 breeding and how it's quicker.
Colin from Ethos has one that tells you how easy it is.

Latest posts

Latest posts